Round 15: Vatican Victors vs. Chennai Champions @ The Pope's Backyard (13/12/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
2yl379u.png
xdxg5y.png

Vatican and Chennai face in the final round in a match that Chennai must win if they want to eliminate any chance of not making the Semis. While they fight for their survival, Vatican will be playing for Dublin and Toronto - a win for them gives both those sides a chance to get into the semis if they win their game. This is sure to be an exciting encounter, one that everyone will have their eye on.

Vatican choose the pitch
Pitch Type by 1:30 PM GMT
Lineups in by 3 PM GMT

naresh091

International Cricketer
Naresh
Adyhorn
Cricketman
Aravinda De Silva
Skrillex_x
Howsie
Karachi
Ranjitsinhi
Pal
Abdul Qadir
Gillyfan
C'mon guys.Lets perform when it matters the most.

Last edited:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
We're through to the semis. I don't want to throw the game away, but I also want to experiment just one little thing. So...

Kshitiz_Indian
Kapil Dev
gudduthemaster
shan111
blake
sohum
WORLD CHAMPIONS
Treva
Bob Massie
Abhas
Vince Van Der Bijl

We'll go with a Green pitch.

Lets do this.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Give me some batting practises, put me up at 3 or 4 :doh

shalin_hitter

Club Cricketer
So welcome to the last match of the group stage matches for both these teams.This is probably the last season of the great PCPL. The pitch is on the green side .So lets go live to the ground for the toss
Chennai Champions have won the toss and have elected to bowl first.

0.1 Adyhorn to Kshitiz_Indian, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
0.2 Adyhorn to Kshitiz_Indian, Ah, great ball. It bounced more than the batsman expected it to, causing him to check his shot at the last moment and lob the ball into the air for an easy catch.

Kshitiz_Indian c & b Adyhorn
Runs : 0 Balls : 2 S/R : 0

(0)
0.3 Adyhorn to gudduthemaster, Easy single. (1)
0.4 Adyhorn to Kapil Dev, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
0.5 Adyhorn to Kapil Dev, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
0.6 Adyhorn to Kapil Dev, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)

End of over 1
Vatican Victors 4/1 (RR : 4)
gudduthemaster 1 (1b)
Kapil Dev 3 (3b)
Adyhorn 1-0-4-1

1.1 Pal to Kapil Dev, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
1.2 Pal to Kapil Dev, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
1.3 Pal to Kapil Dev, Easy single. (1)
1.4 Pal to gudduthemaster, That was a very good delivery. (0)
1.5 Pal to gudduthemaster, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
1.6 Pal to Kapil Dev, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)

End of over 2
Vatican Victors 10/1 (RR : 5)
Kapil Dev 8 (7b)
gudduthemaster 2 (3b)
Pal 1-0-6-0

2.1 Adyhorn to gudduthemaster, Down the track, and BOOM! Six Runs! Great batting! No, wait, he's missed the ball!! He's actually out stumped! Uhhh...great bowling!

gudduthemaster st Naresh091 b Adyhorn
Runs : 2 Balls : 4 S/R : 50

(0)
2.2 Adyhorn to shan111, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
2.3 Adyhorn to Kapil Dev, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
2.4 Adyhorn to Kapil Dev, One more to the total. (1)
2.5 Adyhorn to shan111, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
2.6 Adyhorn to Kapil Dev, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)

End of over 3
Vatican Victors 17/2 (RR : 5.67)
Kapil Dev 13 (10b)
shan111 2 (2b)
Adyhorn 2-0-11-2

3.1 Pal to shan111, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
3.2 Pal to shan111, Excellent bowling, catches the batsman off-guard with a vicious bouncer! The batsman top edges it high in the air, and the catch is taken!

shan111 c Naresh091 b Pal

(0)
3.3 Pal to blake, That was a very good delivery. (0)
3.4 Pal to blake, Splendid shot for four! (4)
3.5 Pal to blake, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
3.6 Pal to blake, Wide full toss, the batsman slashes at it and gets four more through point! Poor bowling. (4)

End of over 4
Vatican Victors 29/3 (RR : 7.25)
blake 12 (4b)
Kapil Dev 13 (10b)
Pal 2-0-18-1

4.1 Adyhorn to Kapil Dev, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
4.2 Adyhorn to Kapil Dev, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
4.3 Adyhorn to blake, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
4.4 Adyhorn to blake, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
4.5 Adyhorn to blake, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
4.6 Adyhorn to blake, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)

End of over 5
Vatican Victors 32/3 (RR : 6.4)
blake 14 (8b)
Kapil Dev 14 (12b)
Adyhorn 3-0-14-2

5.1 Pal to Kapil Dev, Short ball, pulled away for four! (4)
5.2 Pal to Kapil Dev, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
5.3 Pal to Kapil Dev, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
5.4 Pal to Kapil Dev, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
5.5 Pal to Kapil Dev, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
5.6 Pal to Kapil Dev, No shot offered, and the off-stump is sent tumbling! That's a poor, poor leave...

Kapil Dev b Pal
Runs : 20 Balls : 18 S/R : 111.1

(0)

End of over 6
Vatican Victors 38/4 (RR : 6.33)
Sohum 0 (0b)
blake 14 (8b)
Pal 3-0-24-2

6.1 Aravinda de Silva to blake, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
6.2 Aravinda de Silva to Sohum, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
6.3 Aravinda de Silva to Sohum, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
6.4 Aravinda de Silva to Sohum, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)
6.5 Aravinda de Silva to Sohum, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
6.6 Aravinda de Silva to Sohum, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)

End of over 7
Vatican Victors 46/4 (RR : 6.57)
blake 15 (9b)
Sohum 7 (5b)
Aravinda de Silva 1-0-8-0

7.1 Cricketman to Sohum, , No Ball. Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
7.1 Cricketman to Sohum, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
7.2 Cricketman to Sohum, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
7.3 Cricketman to Sohum, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
7.4 Cricketman to Sohum, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
7.5 Cricketman to Sohum, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
7.6 Cricketman to Sohum, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)

End of over 8
Vatican Victors 57/4 (RR : 7.13)
Sohum 17 (12b)
blake 15 (9b)
Cricketman 1-0-11-0

8.1 Gillyfan to blake, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
8.2 Gillyfan to blake, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
8.3 Gillyfan to blake, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
8.4 Gillyfan to blake, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
8.5 Gillyfan to blake, That was a very good delivery. (0)
8.6 Gillyfan to blake, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)

End of over 9
Vatican Victors 65/4 (RR : 7.22)
blake 23 (15b)
Sohum 17 (12b)
Gillyfan 1-0-8-0

9.1 Abdul Qadir to Sohum, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
9.2 Abdul Qadir to Sohum, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
9.3 Abdul Qadir to Sohum, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
9.4 Abdul Qadir to Sohum, That was a very good delivery. (0)
9.5 Abdul Qadir to Sohum, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
9.6 Abdul Qadir to Sohum, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)

End of over 10
Vatican Victors 66/4 (RR : 6.6)
blake 23 (15b)
Sohum 18 (18b)
Abdul Qadir 1-0-1-0

10.1 Gillyfan to Sohum, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
10.2 Gillyfan to Sohum, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
10.3 Gillyfan to blake, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
10.4 Gillyfan to blake, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
10.5 Gillyfan to blake, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
10.6 Gillyfan to blake, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)

End of over 11
Vatican Victors 71/4 (RR : 6.45)
blake 25 (19b)
Sohum 21 (20b)
Gillyfan 2-0-13-0

11.1 Abdul Qadir to Sohum, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
11.2 Abdul Qadir to blake, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
11.3 Abdul Qadir to blake, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
11.4 Abdul Qadir to blake, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
11.5 Abdul Qadir to blake, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
11.6 Abdul Qadir to blake, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)

End of over 12
Vatican Victors 76/4 (RR : 6.33)
blake 29 (24b)
Sohum 22 (21b)
Abdul Qadir 2-0-6-0

12.1 Gillyfan to Sohum, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
12.2 Gillyfan to blake, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
12.3 Gillyfan to Sohum, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
12.4 Gillyfan to Sohum, Short, wide, you know the drill. 4 runs. (4)
12.5 Gillyfan to Sohum, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
12.6 Gillyfan to Sohum, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)

End of over 13
Vatican Victors 83/4 (RR : 6.38)
blake 30 (25b)
Sohum 28 (26b)
Gillyfan 3-0-20-0

13.1 Aravinda de Silva to Sohum, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
13.2 Aravinda de Silva to Sohum, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
13.3 Aravinda de Silva to Sohum, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
13.4 Aravinda de Silva to Sohum, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
13.5 Aravinda de Silva to Sohum, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
13.6 Aravinda de Silva to Sohum, Easy single. (1)

End of over 14
Vatican Victors 92/4 (RR : 6.57)
blake 30 (25b)
Sohum 37 (32b)
Aravinda de Silva 2-0-17-0

14.1 Gillyfan to Sohum, Very well bowled. (0)
14.2 Gillyfan to Sohum, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
14.3 Gillyfan to blake, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
14.4 Gillyfan to blake, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
14.5 Gillyfan to blake, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
14.6 Gillyfan to Sohum, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)

End of over 15
Vatican Victors 98/4 (RR : 6.53)
Sohum 42 (35b)
blake 31 (28b)
Gillyfan 4-0-26-0

15.1 Cricketman to blake, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
15.2 Cricketman to Sohum, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
15.3 Cricketman to blake, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
15.4 Cricketman to blake, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
15.5 Cricketman to blake, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
15.6 Cricketman to blake, Very well bowled. (0)

End of over 16
Vatican Victors 102/4 (RR : 6.38)
blake 34 (33b)
Sohum 43 (36b)
Cricketman 2-0-15-0

16.1 Abdul Qadir to Sohum, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
16.2 Abdul Qadir to Sohum, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
16.3 Abdul Qadir to blake, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
16.4 Abdul Qadir to blake, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
16.5 Abdul Qadir to blake, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
16.6 Abdul Qadir to blake, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)

End of over 17
Vatican Victors 111/4 (RR : 6.53)
blake 42 (37b)
Sohum 44 (38b)
Abdul Qadir 3-0-15-0

17.1 Cricketman to Sohum, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
17.2 Cricketman to Sohum, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
17.3 Cricketman to Sohum, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
17.4 Cricketman to Sohum, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
17.5 Cricketman to Sohum, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
17.6 Cricketman to Sohum, He comes on the front foot to drive it, and is beaten for bounce! But instead of checking his shot, he follows through with it and sends it sailing into the pavillion! 6 runs, excellent batting! (6)

End of over 18
Vatican Victors 123/4 (RR : 6.83)
Sohum 56 (44b)
blake 42 (37b)
Cricketman 3-0-27-0

18.1 Adyhorn to blake, Fantastic slower ball, the batsman swings twice and still misses it, and is caught plumb in front!

blake lbw Adyhorn
Runs : 42 Balls : 38 S/R : 110.5

(0)
18.2 Adyhorn to WORLD CHAMPIONS, My GOD that's massive! 6 runs! (6)
18.3 Adyhorn to WORLD CHAMPIONS, He's caught it, no he's dropped it, he's caught it, he's juggling it, and he's taken it! Finally, bet he had his heart in his mouth for a moment there!

WORLD CHAMPIONS c Pal b Adyhorn
Runs : 6 Balls : 2 S/R : 300

(0)
18.4 Adyhorn to treva, Wide full toss, the batsman slashes at it and gets four more through point! Poor bowling. (4)
18.5 Adyhorn to treva, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
18.6 Adyhorn to treva, They're running hard, excellent throw, and he's out!

treva run out Chris Bosnich
Runs : 6 Balls : 3 S/R : 200

(0)

End of over 19
Vatican Victors 135/7 (RR : 7.11)
Bob Massie 0 (0b)
Sohum 56 (44b)
Adyhorn 4-0-26-4

19.1 Pal to Sohum, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)
19.2 Pal to Sohum, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)
19.3 Pal to Sohum, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
19.4 Pal to Sohum, , Leg Byes, another 1 run(s) (1)
19.5 Pal to Bob Massie, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
19.6 Pal to Bob Massie, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)

End of over 20
Vatican Victors 146/7 (RR : 7.3)
Bob Massie 2 (2b)
Sohum 64 (47b)
Pal 4-0-35-2

The final scorecard for first innings was :
Score: 146
Wickets : 7
Overs : 20.0

naresh091

International Cricketer
Guessing we bowled quite tight even though the pitch already supports bowling.Hope this isnt our last match of the season and cant wait for the second half.

shalin_hitter

Club Cricketer
We are back after our short break.We are here @ The Pope's backyard where Chennai have to chase 147 on a green pitch.It should not be a task for them though!
The second innings begins now

0.1 Vince van der Bijl to Naresh091, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
0.2 Vince van der Bijl to Naresh091, Short ball, pulled away for four! (4)
0.3 Vince van der Bijl to Naresh091, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
0.4 Vince van der Bijl to Naresh091, Full, wide, the batsman slashes hard at it and edges it straight to second slip! Out!

Naresh091 c WORLD CHAMPIONS b Vince van der Bijl
Runs : 6 Balls : 4 S/R : 150

(0)
0.5 Vince van der Bijl to Cricketman, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
0.6 Vince van der Bijl to Adyhorn, Easy single. (1)

End of over 1
Chennai Champions 8/1 (RR : 8) Required RR(7.26)
Cricketman 1 (1b)
Adyhorn 1 (1b)
Vince van der Bijl 1-0-8-1

1.1 Kapil Dev to Adyhorn, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
1.2 Kapil Dev to Adyhorn, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
1.3 Kapil Dev to Cricketman, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
1.4 Kapil Dev to Adyhorn, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
1.5 Kapil Dev to Adyhorn, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
1.6 Kapil Dev to Cricketman, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)

End of over 2
Chennai Champions 11/1 (RR : 5.5) Required RR(7.5)
Cricketman 2 (3b)
Adyhorn 3 (5b)
Kapil Dev 1-0-3-0

2.1 Vince van der Bijl to Adyhorn, I don't think he'll be attempting any more bouncers after that. The batsman has hooked that away magnificently for six! (6)
2.2 Vince van der Bijl to Adyhorn, Very well bowled. (0)
2.3 Vince van der Bijl to Adyhorn, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
2.4 Vince van der Bijl to Cricketman, Beaten by the movement in the air, and rapped dead in front. Excellent bowling.

Cricketman lbw Vince van der Bijl

(0)
2.5 Vince van der Bijl to Aravinda de Silva, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
2.6 Vince van der Bijl to Aravinda de Silva, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)

End of over 3
Chennai Champions 20/2 (RR : 6.67) Required RR(7.41)
Aravinda de Silva 2 (2b)
Adyhorn 10 (8b)
Vince van der Bijl 2-0-17-2

3.1 Kapil Dev to Adyhorn, That was a very good delivery. (0)
3.2 Kapil Dev to Adyhorn, That was a very good delivery. (0)
3.3 Kapil Dev to Adyhorn, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
3.4 Kapil Dev to Adyhorn, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
3.5 Kapil Dev to Adyhorn, In the air, and gone!

Adyhorn c Sohum b Kapil Dev
Runs : 10 Balls : 13 S/R : 76.92

(0)
3.6 Kapil Dev to Chris Bosnich, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)

End of over 4
Chennai Champions 22/3 (RR : 5.5) Required RR(7.75)
Chris Bosnich 2 (1b)
Aravinda de Silva 2 (2b)
Kapil Dev 2-0-5-1

4.1 Vince van der Bijl to Aravinda de Silva, EDGED AND TAKEN! Safe pair of hands there behind the stumps, he doesn't drop many of those!

Aravinda de Silva c Kapil Dev b Vince van der Bijl
Runs : 2 Balls : 3 S/R : 66.67

(0)
4.2 Vince van der Bijl to Howsie, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
4.3 Vince van der Bijl to Howsie, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
4.4 Vince van der Bijl to Howsie, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
4.5 Vince van der Bijl to Howsie, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
4.6 Vince van der Bijl to Chris Bosnich, , No Ball. Nice. Length ball, clobbered down the ground for six. Superb batting. (6)
4.6 Vince van der Bijl to Chris Bosnich, One more to the total. (1)

End of over 5
Chennai Champions 31/4 (RR : 6.2) Required RR(7.67)
Howsie 1 (4b)
Chris Bosnich 9 (3b)
Vince van der Bijl 3-0-26-3

5.1 Kapil Dev to Chris Bosnich, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
5.2 Kapil Dev to Chris Bosnich, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
5.3 Kapil Dev to Chris Bosnich, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
5.4 Kapil Dev to Howsie, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
5.5 Kapil Dev to Howsie, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
5.6 Kapil Dev to Howsie, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)

End of over 6
Chennai Champions 39/4 (RR : 6.5) Required RR(7.64)
Chris Bosnich 12 (6b)
Howsie 6 (7b)
Kapil Dev 3-0-13-1

6.1 treva to Howsie, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
6.2 treva to Howsie, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
6.3 treva to Chris Bosnich, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
6.4 treva to Chris Bosnich, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
6.5 treva to Chris Bosnich, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
6.6 treva to Chris Bosnich, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)

End of over 7
Chennai Champions 41/4 (RR : 5.86) Required RR(8.08)
Howsie 7 (9b)
Chris Bosnich 13 (10b)
treva 1-0-2-0

7.1 Bob Massie to Chris Bosnich, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
7.2 Bob Massie to Chris Bosnich, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
7.3 Bob Massie to Chris Bosnich, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
7.4 Bob Massie to Chris Bosnich, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
7.5 Bob Massie to Howsie, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)
7.6 Bob Massie to Howsie, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)

End of over 8
Chennai Champions 50/4 (RR : 6.25) Required RR(8)
Howsie 13 (11b)
Chris Bosnich 16 (14b)
Bob Massie 1-0-9-0

8.1 treva to Chris Bosnich, Wide full toss, the batsman slashes at it and gets four more through point! Poor bowling. (4)
8.2 treva to Chris Bosnich, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only two. (2)
8.3 treva to Chris Bosnich, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
8.4 treva to Chris Bosnich, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
8.5 treva to Chris Bosnich, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
8.6 treva to Chris Bosnich, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)

End of over 9
Chennai Champions 57/4 (RR : 6.33) Required RR(8.09)
Howsie 13 (11b)
Chris Bosnich 23 (20b)
treva 2-0-9-0

9.1 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Chris Bosnich, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
9.2 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Chris Bosnich, , No Ball. And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
9.2 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Chris Bosnich, That was a very good delivery. (0)
9.3 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Chris Bosnich, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
9.4 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Howsie, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
9.5 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Chris Bosnich, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
9.6 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Chris Bosnich, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)

End of over 10
Chennai Champions 64/4 (RR : 6.4) Required RR(8.2)
Chris Bosnich 28 (26b)
Howsie 14 (12b)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 1-0-7-0

10.1 Bob Massie to Howsie, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
10.2 Bob Massie to Howsie, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
10.3 Bob Massie to Howsie, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
10.4 Bob Massie to Howsie, One more to the total. (1)
10.5 Bob Massie to Chris Bosnich, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
10.6 Bob Massie to Chris Bosnich, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)

End of over 11
Chennai Champions 70/4 (RR : 6.36) Required RR(8.44)
Howsie 19 (16b)
Chris Bosnich 29 (28b)
Bob Massie 2-0-15-0

11.1 Abhas Gupta to Chris Bosnich, , No Ball. Short and pulled away for a single (1)
11.1 Abhas Gupta to Howsie, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
11.2 Abhas Gupta to Chris Bosnich, The batsman lines up a big slog over cow corner, but inside edges it past the stumps and keeper for four! The bowler has a wry smile, if the batsman keeps that up, it won't be too long till he's back in the pavillion. (4)
11.3 Abhas Gupta to Chris Bosnich, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
11.4 Abhas Gupta to Howsie, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
11.5 Abhas Gupta to Howsie, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
11.6 Abhas Gupta to Chris Bosnich, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)

End of over 12
Chennai Champions 79/4 (RR : 6.58) Required RR(8.38)
Chris Bosnich 35 (32b)
Howsie 21 (19b)
Abhas Gupta 1-0-9-0

12.1 Bob Massie to Howsie, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
12.2 Bob Massie to Howsie, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
12.3 Bob Massie to Howsie, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
12.4 Bob Massie to Howsie, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
12.5 Bob Massie to Howsie, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)
12.6 Bob Massie to Howsie, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)

End of over 13
Chennai Champions 86/4 (RR : 6.62) Required RR(8.57)
Chris Bosnich 35 (32b)
Howsie 28 (25b)
Bob Massie 3-0-22-0

13.1 treva to Howsie, Full, wide, the batsman slashes hard and edges it through the slips! Third man tidies up and the batsmen run three. The captain decides to move the man from short fine leg to the slips, he's looking for a wicket here. (3)
13.2 treva to Chris Bosnich, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
13.3 treva to Chris Bosnich, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
13.4 treva to Chris Bosnich, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
13.5 treva to Howsie, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
13.6 treva to Howsie, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)

End of over 14
Chennai Champions 94/4 (RR : 6.71) Required RR(8.67)
Howsie 33 (28b)
Chris Bosnich 38 (35b)
treva 3-0-17-0

14.1 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Chris Bosnich, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
14.2 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Chris Bosnich, No shot offered. (0)
14.3 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Chris Bosnich, That was a very good delivery. (0)
14.4 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Chris Bosnich, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
14.5 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Chris Bosnich, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
14.6 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Chris Bosnich, Easy single. (1)

End of over 15
Chennai Champions 95/4 (RR : 6.33) Required RR(10.2)
Howsie 33 (28b)
Chris Bosnich 39 (41b)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 2-0-8-0

15.1 Abhas Gupta to Chris Bosnich, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
15.2 Abhas Gupta to Chris Bosnich, Easy single. (1)
15.3 Abhas Gupta to Howsie, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
15.4 Abhas Gupta to Howsie, Short, wide, you know the drill. 4 runs. (4)
15.5 Abhas Gupta to Howsie, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
15.6 Abhas Gupta to Howsie, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)

End of over 16
Chennai Champions 106/4 (RR : 6.63) Required RR(10)
Howsie 39 (32b)
Chris Bosnich 44 (43b)
Abhas Gupta 2-0-20-0

16.1 treva to Chris Bosnich, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
16.2 treva to Chris Bosnich, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
16.3 treva to Howsie, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
16.4 treva to Howsie, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
16.5 treva to Chris Bosnich, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
16.6 treva to Chris Bosnich, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)

End of over 17
Chennai Champions 110/4 (RR : 6.47) Required RR(12)
Chris Bosnich 45 (47b)
Howsie 42 (34b)
treva 4-0-21-0

17.1 Abhas Gupta to Howsie, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
17.2 Abhas Gupta to Chris Bosnich, And it's a DLF Maxix...uhh...six runs! (6)
17.3 Abhas Gupta to Chris Bosnich, , No Ball. out a no ball! (6)
17.3 Abhas Gupta to Chris Bosnich, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
17.4 Abhas Gupta to Chris Bosnich, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
17.5 Abhas Gupta to Chris Bosnich, And the batsman unveils the sweep shot, and it's done beautifully too! Four more! (4)
17.6 Abhas Gupta to Chris Bosnich, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)

End of over 18
Chennai Champions 130/4 (RR : 7.22) Required RR(8)
Chris Bosnich 63 (53b)
Howsie 43 (35b)
Abhas Gupta 3-0-40-0

18.1 Kapil Dev to Howsie, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
18.2 Kapil Dev to Howsie, Uppercut over the slip fielders and away for four! Cheeky shot! (4)
18.3 Kapil Dev to Howsie, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)
18.4 Kapil Dev to Howsie, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
18.5 Kapil Dev to Chris Bosnich, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
18.6 Kapil Dev to Chris Bosnich, Bah, that was poor umpiring. Pitched outside leg, going over the top, and an inside edge! That's what you get for sleeping with the umpire's wife!

Chris Bosnich lbw Kapil Dev
Runs : 65 Balls : 55 S/R : 118.2

(0)

End of over 19
Chennai Champions 141/5 (RR : 7.42) Required RR(5)
Karachi Xpress 0 (0b)
Howsie 52 (39b)
Kapil Dev 4-0-24-2

19.1 Vince van der Bijl to Howsie, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
19.2 Vince van der Bijl to Howsie, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
19.3 Vince van der Bijl to Karachi Xpress, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
19.4 Vince van der Bijl to Karachi Xpress, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
19.5 Vince van der Bijl to Karachi Xpress, That was a very good delivery. (0)
19.6 Vince van der Bijl to Karachi Xpress, Full delivery outside off-stump, the batsman clears his left leg and swings, and cracks it up and over midwicket for six! Great shot, tremendous power! (6)

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 148
Wickets : 5
Overs : 19.6
Code:
Chennai Champions vs. Vatican Victors

Vatican Victors Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Kshitiz_Indian                          c & b Adyhorn    0    2   0   0      0
Kapil Dev                                       b Pal   20   18   2   0  111.1
gudduthemaster                 st Naresh091 b Adyhorn    2    4   0   0     50
shan111                             c Naresh091 b Pal    2    4   0   0     50
blake                                     lbw Adyhorn   42   38   5   0  110.5
Sohum                                         not out   64   47   8   1  136.2
WORLD CHAMPIONS                       c Pal b Adyhorn    6    2   0   1    300
treva                           run out Chris Bosnich    6    3   1   0    200
Bob Massie                                    not out    2    2   0   0    100
Abhas Gupta                                       dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Vince van der Bijl                                dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 146                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 7.3

Extras : 2    No Balls : 1       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 1        Byes : 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chennai Champions Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Adyhorn                              4.0           0      26           4    6.5
Cricketman                           3.0           0      27           0      9
Aravinda de Silva                    2.0           0      17           0    8.5
Pal                                  4.0           0      35           2   8.75
Abdul Qadir                          3.0           0      15           0      5
Gillyfan                             4.0           0      26           0    6.5

Total: 146                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 7.3

Extras : 2    No Balls : 1       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 1        Byes : 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chennai Champions Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Naresh091      c WORLD CHAMPIONS b Vince van der Bijl    6    4   1   0    150
Adyhorn                           c Sohum b Kapil Dev   10   13   0   1  76.92
Cricketman                     lbw Vince van der Bijl    2    4   0   0     50
Aravinda de Silva    c Kapil Dev b Vince van der Bijl    2    3   0   0  66.67
Chris Bosnich                           lbw Kapil Dev   65   55   4   2  118.2
Howsie                                        not out   53   41   5   0  129.3
Karachi Xpress                                not out    6    4   0   1    150
Ranjitsinhji                                      dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Pal                                               dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Abdul Qadir                                       dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Gillyfan                                          dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 148                       Overs: 19.6                    Run Rate: 7.789

Extras : 4    No Balls : 4       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Vatican Victors Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Kapil Dev                            4.0           0      24           2      6
WORLD CHAMPIONS                      2.0           0       8           0      4
treva                                4.0           0      21           0   5.25
Bob Massie                           3.0           0      22           0   7.33
Abhas Gupta                          3.0           0      40           0  13.33
Vince van der Bijl                   4.0           0      33           3   8.25

Total: 148                       Overs: 19.6                    Run Rate: 7.789

Extras : 4    No Balls : 4       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Chennai Champions vs. Vatican Victors

Vatican Victors - 146/7 in 20.0 overs.
Chennai Champions - 148/5 in 19.6 overs.

Chennai Champions wins the match by 5 wickets

And Chennai do it.They might have just made their way into the semi finals.and what a match it was to go into the last ball.
MOTM- Adyhorn

Gary123

School Cricketer
Chennai should award some good amount to KX.
Last ball six and all our hopes blown:facepalm

naresh091

International Cricketer
What a performance? Ady was at his best with the ball.Then came Howsie and Chris Bosnich to stitch a terrific partnership and to finish it all comes Karachi with a last ball six,the Javed Miandad of the PCPL :p.We are on to the semifinals now I guess.

naresh091

International Cricketer
19.6 Vince van der Bijl to Karachi Xpress, Full delivery outside off-stump, the batsman clears his left leg and swings, and cracks it up and over midwicket for six! Great shot, tremendous power! (6)
This is the reason why we dint buy Van der Bijl even though we bid him.We bribed him and sent to your team to bowl the last over in this game.;)

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Back in form - CH-CH-CHENNAI! 65 runs. Eshay!

Anyway, though I was out LBW, in my defence the umps' wife was sure a treat the other night ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread