Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose contract with Waratahs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gutterman

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
8th Feb 10am Match Day

i arrived at the ground with my sister in tow. i kinda promised that she could sit in our staff area without checking if it was ok but luckily enough coach was in a good mood. once the boys had turned up coach took us through todays plays and we then headed out for our warm up session. it was a big crowd but there was still a fair amount of spectators. the game was ready to start and both teams came running out.

7:13tuqiri throws intercept to crusaders our first main scare as it was deep in our half

13:47turinui scores our first points. i take the shot from out wide but just miss with the wind damn wind.
score is 5-0

21:35tuqiri scores a lot closer this time and i get my first super 14 points with the simple conversion

we sort of have back and forth play as defence from both teams is very strong.

40:00Carter Scores first points for crusaders and converts his own try

Half Time Waratahs 12- 7 over the crusaders
Waratahs
tries
turinui 1
Tiquiri 1

Goals

gutteridge 1/2

Crusaders
Tries
Carter 1

Goals
Carter 1/1

stay tuned for an action packed 2nd half where some injuries occur and maybe a fight who knows

Last edited:

gutterman

International Cricketer
we come back out to start the second half we were doing well but i felt there was a comeback on the cards for the crusaders. we'd played our cards right so far hopefully our second half was just as good.

46:02- i make a bust up the middle. brought down just 22 out.

46:27- Jacobs then scores through my grubber kick. but just as he put the ball down Mauger gets a late hit on me and i land awkwardly on my shoulder. theres a chance its dislocated and coach takes no risks he gets me off straigt away. beale goes into fly half and a winger comes on for me. hewat is bacjk to kicking duties and slots the goal.

minutes 55-63- Crusaders on constant attack our defence is holding them out but we just cant seem to get good field position. the crusaders at times look like scoring but our valiant defence is strong

65:01- Carter slots a field goal and we get another injury. this time rocky elsom gets a little concussed and is forced to come off after an accidental head first collision with Mauger. Skipper Phil waugh thought it was deliberate and started laying into him. upper cuts and quick jabs and before i know it an all in brawl. players were being thrown to the ground and knocked down. eventually the fight was broken up. luckily no -one was on report or sent off.

80:00- Hamiton scores for crusaders and Carter kicks the conversion. despite the late try we won by a mere 2 points. like i said a comeback was on the table but it wasnt enough to win.

we now go into the season with 3 possible injury factors, myself, Sam and rocky. it looked like we were gonna need some help as two of our best plus the new guy were out and we didnt have much experience left in the halves.

Final Scorecard Waratahs 19-17 over crusaders
Crusaders
Tries
Carter 1
Hamilton 1

Goals
Carter 2/2 + field goal

Waratahs
Tries
turinui 1
Tuqiri 1
Jacobs 1

Goals
Gutteridge 1/2
Hewat 1/1

it was a slim win but we now are looking towards the opening game of the season. Coach said he'd give out a copy of the fixtures to each of us so we didnt forget. it looked doubtful that i'd be playing in the season opener but i was hoping that the injury to my shoulder was minor.

ill post the fixtures in next update

gutterman

International Cricketer
i wont be able to update this story till the 1st sept cos i went way over my net usage. i will still be on commenting other members stories though

gutterman

International Cricketer
i apologise for lack of updates just been busy will try tonight to update

Users who are viewing this thread