Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other........................

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who will win it?

The Rugby World Cup starts in about 2 weeks in Australia but with England as the pre-tournament favourites.

Who do you think will win the tournament last won by Australia in 1999 in Wales.

Heres the pools:

Attachments

• pools.jpg
    pools.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 53
M

mike(ex jonah)

England...hopefully! For once we've got the best team in the world at something; let's hope we play to our capabilities and do the the business down under.

Radaga

International Coach
I am hoping for an Australia win, but i think the New Zealanders will win it. We always beat them at everything and now to get something back they will beat us at home.

M

mike(ex jonah)

Thanks Radaga. How about Ireland as an outside bet?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is the first World Cup of any of the major sports (football, rugby, cricket) that I have watched where England are pre tournament favourites, and it is a good feeling.

The only team(s) that can really stop England are NZ, and possibly Auatralia. If we lose to anybody else then I would have to question the temperament & composure of the players, as for the last 18 months they have beaten everybody except France when playing a reserve team.

M

mike(ex jonah)

Originally posted by zimrahil

If we lose to anybody else then I would have to question the temperament & composure of the players, as for the last 18 months they have beaten everybody except France when playing a reserve team.

And then we got revenge a week later at Twickenham by pasting them.
I'm really looking forward to the competition; I guess that, being in Oz, kick off times in the UK will be middle of the night/early morning?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I think the kick off's over here are in the morning Mike (unless its an afternoon game over there)

btw, what is your signature all about ?

Auwais

International Coach
I think England could win but France have got an easy group and as long as I've seen rugby, France have been the only team that has beaten the Brits.

Radaga

International Coach
I think the kick off's over here are in the morning Mike (unless its an afternoon game over there)

btw, what is your signature all about ?

Last time i saw the draw, the majority of the games started 2pm Australian Time and a few night matches that start at 6pm.
may be different to that though.

M

mike(ex jonah)

Hmm, hope there's more evening ko's Aussie time, which will mean 7/8/9 am kick off's our time.

vetts

Club Cricketer
This is the first World Cup of any of the major sports (football, rugby, cricket) that I have watched where England are pre tournament favourites, and it is a good feeling.

The only team(s) that can really stop England are NZ, and possibly Auatralia. If we lose to anybody else then I would have to question the temperament & composure of the players, as for the last 18 months they have beaten everybody except France when playing a reserve team.

I hate to rain on your parade, but the all blacks are favorites. Just ask any bookie. 11/8 compared to 6/4 for the poms.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
doh, they were favourites but obviously things have changed as we get nearer the World Cup :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread