Rules for the Season

sid_19840

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thank You.

Btw these rules would be only implemented as the season begin's.But I will try illustrating how they work,just as an example during the preseason games.

sid_19840

International Coach
k,This is important.

The rules that I mentioned needs to be updated after every match in the season.Is anyone willing me to help me out with them,or take over incase Im busy for a certain period.Help would be appreciated,thank you.

sid_19840

International Coach
Im using the same rules for first class games as well,only that the amount of runs conceded by a bowler is not taken into account.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
sid_19840 said:
Hi

Ive had a chat with Ste as well as Mark(rickp) and they have both agreed to a few thing's Ive suggested to them,which would make the game a lot more interesting.

Watch out for this space for the details of the rules and how they will be implemented in due time.

Here are some things you could look forward to

1)Transfer Period's-There will be transfer period's in between the season where club's may buy or sell player's.Also there will be a free player's list where the new player's who are interested to join after the season start's can join in the transfer period,if they are picked up by any club's.

2)Award Points-Each player will have a player value and each club a club value,more on this would be explained later.But with awards like Man of the Match,Series and Club wins the points will go up for the player/club.

More rules will be posted in due time.Thank You.

Siddharth(sid_19840)

POINTS TO BATTING AVERAGE RATIO

There will be two type's of points

1)Batting points

2)Bowling points

The total value of a player is the sum of these two.

For every 25 points for a batsman,the batting average increase's by 1,and bowling average decreases by 1.

PLAYER VALUE

Each player will have a player value,which would indicate his performance and average.This value would be the cost of the player i.e the amount that a club has to play if they want to buy a player.Please note that averages would also vary according to value.

BATTING RULES

These are the general points that would be awarded for a player's batting performance(in ODI's).

0 Runs= -25 points

0-9 Runs= -20 points

10-19 Runs= -10 points

20-29 Runs= -0 points

29-45 Runs= 5 points

45-49 Runs= 15 points

50-59 Runs= 20 points

60-89 Runs= 25 points

90-99 Runs= 30 points

100-150 Runs= 35 points

150-199 Runs= 40 points

200+ Runs= 50 points

Comments and suggestion's are welcome.Thank You.

MAN OF THE MATCH

For every MOM award in a LOI competition,a player gets 50 points.

MAN OF THE SERIES

For every MOS award in a LOI competition,a player gets 100 points.

Example:

If this player score's 100,in a match,he gets 30 points,according to the table.

Hence his batting average increases by 1(as 30 is closer to 25 than 50)

So his average going into the next match is 46.

Similarly averages can decrease as well.

ok,I want your opinion's on this.

Should points value change for a test match or remain the same?

BOWLING RULES

For ODI's(50 Over's)

Less than 20 runs conceded in 10 over's=+15
20-29 runs conceded in 10 over's=+10
30-39 runs conceded in 10 over's=+5
40-49 runs conceded in 10 over's=0
50-59 runs conceded in 10 over's=-5
50-59 runs conceded in 10 over's=-15
60-69 runs conceded in 10 over's=-20

No wickets taken=-10
1 wicket=0
2 wickets=15
3 wickets=20
4 wickets=25
5 wickets=35
6 wickets=45
...(after 5 wickets points increase by 10)

CLUB POINTS

Each club would initially be given a value of 500.

Club's may buy/sell player's to get more club points.

ODI

For each ODI win= +50 points

For each ODI loss= -50 points

Winning by a bonus point(finishing the target within 40 over's or dismissing opposition in 40 overs) = +75

Losing and giving away a bonus point=+75

SERIES

For each series

Win Series Club points=+100

Lose Series Club points=-100

DEFAULT PLAYER POINTS

Points given to default player

Batsman

Batting:1000
Bowling:0

Bowler

Batting:0
Bowling:1000

Batting Allrounder:

Batting:750
Bowling:250

Bowling Allrounder:

Batting:250
Bowling:750

Allrounder:

Batting:500
Bowling:500
I think that pure bowlers should not be penalised for making small scores and pure batsmen if they bowl shouldnt be penalised either. Tests should lean more towards wickets than economy for bowlers.

sid_19840

International Coach
aus5892 said:
I think that pure bowlers should not be penalised for making small scores and pure batsmen if they bowl shouldnt be penalised either. Tests should lean more towards wickets than economy for bowlers.

Yes,I havent penalised runs in tests,those apply only for ODI's.For tests I just took into account runs made and wickets taken for batsman and bowler respectively.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Gilchrist said:
Well, I hope one team has a keeper position open when the transfer period is on.
How does that fit into the "Rules for the Season" topic?

Seriously mate, we get the picture, you want to leave. You only had to tell us once.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Ok guys I've started work on implementing this system. Atm its only on paper that how to implemement it as it can be connected with the stats file I have created which can a save a lot of time and effort or there is another option which is to completely design a new system but has to link with the stats file, it can't be done separatly as its a herculean task. In the end everything depends on time-consumed, ease of use etc.
Please note that Brett_lee will be helping out officially once the file is ready to be filled with data etc. In fact once ready, it will be managed by him so that our roles can be distributed in Stats and points.
Any comments, suggestions welcome.
Cheers!!

Last edited:

rickyp

International Coach
you can get as many people as you like to help you out if you need, i can do some random stuff next week with hols

Brett_Lee

International Coach
rickyp said:
you can get as many people as you like to help you out if you need, i can do some random stuff next week with hols

I'll wait til i do one round by myself and see if i'll be able to do it all if not il talk to siddharth

siddharth2002

@RickyP and @Brett_Lee, thanks
First I'll design a spreadsheet which can calculate the points after throwing in the score cards. Then we all three can live chat and discuss further actions. Give me at least till Sunday to come up with a base to start with.

siddharth2002

Update-
I've designed a completely new system, one which is easily understandable and surprisingly enough works better than the current proposed one.
And even better it will link with the PCkt ranking system and will be self-updating which obviously reduces the keyboard-input errors.
Please note that all the work is being done in Mircorsoft Excel atm but plans are already laid to port everything(stats and points) to Access, time and skill:p permitting, well hopefully.
--more updates coming up on weekends--

Users who are viewing this thread