Run Out at the Bowlers End

Nowhere related to the thread title :p...however related to runouts :)....
In this game, for the first time, I saw 4 runouts in an inning as my batsmen made a mess with their running and ran out each other.....:D

run.jpg

Last edited:
Here's one stupidness :D which I found in the gameplay. Just not CRICKET :mad

Henderson bowled to my skipper Dobson who drove it uppishly back to him and the bowler fails to latch onto the return catch. The ball goes behind him & the bowler himself runs a few paces back to retrieve it. The batsmen are off for a run. The bowler picks up the ball and instead of turning around and throwing down the stumps at the non-strikers end and run out Dobson...he himself runs towards the stumps :rolleyes....and all of a sudden....stands there like an idiot :p allowing Dobson to complete the run. :lol

And Dobson goes onto make 77. :D

Does that mean in the newer versions the bowler/fielder will throw down the non-striker's stumps OR fling themselves on the stumps :D to affect a runout...

Anyway, I am playing ICC06
I don't think so. I think I saw a bowler's end run-out (or at least an appeal) in ICC06. I've never seen one in '09, and I can't speak for any other version.

Talking about flinging themselves onto the stumps :D to affect a run-out...Here's Yuvraj doing a Jonty.
I hope the game developers incorporate such things in the game & stun the living daylights out of us when we are playing :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread