Saffers' input on dismal ODI performance in UK

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think England have been too good, but you can't say South Africa are performing up to their potential. It's been a bit of both.

I dunno. South Africa haven't looked like they really care or want it compared with England. Pietersen being a new captain has helped England since the team are responding to him and want to perform for him.

SA are in bad form for some reason. I agree with the above comments, Ntini isn't an ODI bowler, Boucher's keeping is going downhill and his batting isn't as dangerous as it once was. Kallis is in bad form, though he hasn't had the umpire on his side. DeVilliers I thought would be a star in this series, but he's played some really stupid shots and hasn't shown any fight. Steyn has to tools to be good, he's just in bad nick and needs to develop some weapons like slowerballs, swing and yorkers.

South Africa just need to finish the series and re-group.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Saffers performance have been poor. They have even made me highlight in Wills sign too.:p

Magz

Club Cricketer
They looked like they had lost momentum to me. They weren't aggresive in their batting or their bowling. For once England managed to capitalise on an opponents mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread