Story Scorecard Generator?. New Revolution in Scorecard making for Stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Din't actually know where to say this news, in Technology forum or here, but its true. I've almost done a Scorecard Generator (Just like what Cricstatz does, which only few members here know) with the help of Visual Studio 2008. I dunno much about VS 2008 thingy, but I found my bro making few softies with that. I just tried, and I'm almost successful. All you need to do for getting a scorecard is write the players name, the runs he scored, the balls he faced, and his status/How out (you've to write either How he got out or just "Not Out").

Users will not require to have Photoshop/Photoshopping skills for making scorecards/bowling cards/line ups/summaries once this gets done. I've few issues with the background color of "Text Label" (In VS 08). if the background color gets transparent, we even can have the TV overlays possible*.
*-I said, just possible. If I get that problem fixed, do remember that before I do that TV overlay work, I'll definitely ask consent of the people if I'm using any works of planetcricket members like Treva's Sky Sports Scorecard. Don't raise any topic/issue on this.

Here's a quick screenshot:
2h2kzo3.jpg

The thing where you've got to fill up the total scorecard.​

I'm right now confused on how to transfer the data from here to another new window, which produces the scorecard. I've prepared a template for it. My bro is not here ATM, else you could have been gifted with the software right now.

Few problems I face:
I can enhance it with few TV overlays already done. But the only problem I face is the "LabelX" which comes with some BG color, creates a patch. So for now, I've fixed it by making the BG color of "LabelX" even the BG color of scorecard. If there is any way of making only the text on it visible (making the BG transparent), kindly share it with me so that I can try making TV Overlays.

Note:
I've just done the batting stuff, and the other ones still remain unfinished. I'll release the basic version in a day with only Batting scorecards possible. The rest will be done step by step, like how Sohum is releasing his simulator:p.

Help and new ideas are appreciated:).

ADA

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
No! release it after the bowling card gets completed.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Nah, I'll first release it after I complete the Scorecard (Batting Card). You guys try & get me the feedback and say if there are any errors.
I'll follow them and make the other versions only once but perfectly:).

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I will give you permission for you to use my sky sports cards if you can get it working

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Thanks a lot Kieron, but it seems that its not possible. But I'm seeing if I can make the BG color of the text similar to the sky sports one so that we can manage it with small photoshop tweaks, but it ruins the main idea of this software:facepalm (Cos my main idea was to make people free from Photoshop for making Scorecards:yes).

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Even I don't know much about VS 2008 but if it is like MFC GUI then I have lots of tips for you to complete it.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Guys, batting part is finished. The total info given in the form above is getting transferred to scorecard dialog box.
But the only problem is The Labels (names) are not arranged in order and even they've to be formatted according to our choice, which will be fixed soon, mostly tomorrow morning:).

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Maybe make the background the same as cricinfo colour and make it print out a cricinfo style scorecard?
OMG, it is possible. Cricinfo style scorecard can be done by making it "Label Link".
Update:
Now, the thing is done. All I need to do now is the text format, coloring of BG, and BG image, which takes some time as everything is messed up right now:).
A quick screenshot of the resultant scorecard (The text format will be edited):
24ng1sh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread