Season 2011-12 predictions

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
I definately told you's all. He is ripping up for my dream team (on facebook anyway :p - can't remember if I chose him for the PlanetCricket one)

And I want to change my signing of the season to David Goodwillie :p

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Barclays Premier League

1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Tot Hotspur
4. Liverpool
5. Chelsea
6. Arsenal
7. Newcastle

18.QPR
19.Wigan
20.Blackburn

Manager of the Season: Alan Pardew
Player of the Season: Danny Welbeck
Top Goalscorer: Demba Ba
Most Cleansheets: Joe Hart
Best Signing: Demba Ba
Worst Signing: David De Gea
Best Young player: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Liga BBVA

1. R Mad
2. Barca
3. Valencia
4. Espanyol

Serie A

1. Juve
2. Inter
3. Udinese

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Bit easy to predict halfway through the season LOL. Yet you still put Welbeck as player of the season:facepalm. Someone likes Man Utd a bit much.

El Loco

ENG....
Bit easy to predict halfway through the season LOL. Yet you still put Welbeck as player of the season:facepalm. Someone likes Man Utd a bit much.

Actually I support Aston Villa as I was born and bred in the area of Aston itself.
I see that the only way for Liverpool is up after their defeat of Man City, cementing their place in the League Cup final and other than their humiliating defeat at the hands of Bolton I see them as in good form of late. As for Welbeck, he is firmly established himself in the starting Line-Up. If carry's banging in the goals, who's is to say that he cannot be player of the season?
Demba Ba will fall back behind in the Goal Charts due his African Cup of Nations absence but I don't see why he cannot pick up where he left off. In my opinion De Gea is easily the worst signing in the top flight so far, he is proved himself precarious in between the sticks and does not look in anyway shape or form near to imitating his great form at Atletico Madrid, where he most notably helped them to their Europa League triumph. Alas, he has shown so sign of this whatsoever and after being given more than enough chances, Ferguson really has had no choice but to replace him with Danish Lindergaard. Joe Hart is in my opinion the best shot-stopper in league and just proved how good he was last night against Liverpool, most notably where he saved Skrtel and Downings efforts. As for Alan Pardew, the Toon Army are flying high at the moment and may even pip Liverpool to fourth place, he has done a excellent job taking over from Chris Hughton, who shouldn't have lost his job in the first place. Newcatle have just about coped without Ba and will be greatly bolstered by his arrival back. Pardew has done a great job to pick up his team considering where they were when he took over. As for Villa, well, I was ecstatic over Villa's 3-2 win over the Wolves at the weekend and think we need to make the most out of Robbie Keane's loan move to us. I certainly think Albrighton is not a cheat but I think Karl Henry's sending off was a tad harsh. N'Zogbia, Albrighton and Gabby provide the pace and Bent has proved time and time again what a deft finisher he is. In my opinion, Dunne is the best centre-half Ireland have ever had and Given, although injured, is quality between the sticks.
I don't really like Man Utd actually but I have nevertheless been impressed by Welbeck this season. I have never been a glory hunter and never will be. Villa for ever!!! I hope I cleared the suspicion up. :thumbs :D

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
I think player of the season is going a bit far but I'd definitely say he's up there for the young player of the year. Between him, Smalling and Ramsey.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Actually I support Aston Villa as I was born and bred in the area of Aston itself.
I see that the only way for Liverpool is up after their defeat of Man City, cementing their place in the League Cup final and other than their humiliating defeat at the hands of Bolton I see them as in good form of late. As for Welbeck, he is firmly established himself in the starting Line-Up. If carry's banging in the goals, who's is to say that he cannot be player of the season?
Demba Ba will fall back behind in the Goal Charts due his African Cup of Nations absence but I don't see why he cannot pick up where he left off. In my opinion De Gea is easily the worst signing in the top flight so far, he is proved himself precarious in between the sticks and does not look in anyway shape or form near to imitating his great form at Atletico Madrid, where he most notably helped them to their Europa League triumph. Alas, he has shown so sign of this whatsoever and after being given more than enough chances, Ferguson really has had no choice but to replace him with Danish Lindergaard. Joe Hart is in my opinion the best shot-stopper in league and just proved how good he was last night against Liverpool, most notably where he saved Skrtel and Downings efforts. As for Alan Pardew, the Toon Army are flying high at the moment and may even pip Liverpool to fourth place, he has done a excellent job taking over from Chris Hughton, who shouldn't have lost his job in the first place. Newcatle have just about coped without Ba and will be greatly bolstered by his arrival back. Pardew has done a great job to pick up his team considering where they were when he took over. As for Villa, well, I was ecstatic over Villa's 3-2 win over the Wolves at the weekend and think we need to make the most out of Robbie Keane's loan move to us. I certainly think Albrighton is not a cheat but I think Karl Henry's sending off was a tad harsh. N'Zogbia, Albrighton and Gabby provide the pace and Bent has proved time and time again what a deft finisher he is. In my opinion, Dunne is the best centre-half Ireland have ever had and Given, although injured, is quality between the sticks.
I don't really like Man Utd actually but I have nevertheless been impressed by Welbeck this season. I have never been a glory hunter and never will be. Villa for ever!!! I hope I cleared the suspicion up. :thumbs :D

Lol, just wanted to hear your justifications. Fair enough.

Welbeck player of the season is still a long shot though.

----------

I think player of the season is going a bit far but I'd definitely say he's up there for the young player of the year. Between him, Smalling and Ramsey.

Ramsey a bit inconsistent IMO, not only from game to game, but even during a game he can go from shocking to decent.

He should be scoring more goals as well, out of him, Arteta and Song he is the goal threat in midfield.

I don't know if Bale would be considered young at 22, but surely he'd be a shoe in.

El Loco

ENG....
@thedon5 What do you think about Wenger being a potential Real Madrid manager?
Will it be 'In Arsene Real trust'?.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Haha. Always a chance he could go to Real, but I can't really imagine what sort of manager he'd be there with a lot more funds.

El Loco

ENG....
Gutted... 2 goals up and then we f****ed it. Villa deserved to win that match. Two penalties! + Cuellar was elbowed by Van Persie in their tussle. Made my way back from Emirates thoroughly down. Villa are out the FA + League Cups and are not really going to contend for a Europa League place. Even relegation isn't an impossibility. :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread