Season 2012-13 predictions

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Really can't see us signing anyone else, outside of youngsters that we'll farm out on loan.

I suspect so as well. All i can hope it means from a English perspective is that maybe Jones may play as the long-term right-back, with maybe Valencia and Smalling backing him up. Cause Rafael is crap.

Evra certainly needs proper back-up also.

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Agreed

Overated, never lived up to all the hype.

He should count himself lucky he is at a top 4 club, by his ability he is a mid table player at best

That's being generous if anything. Without his ability to kick the ball and run really fast after it, he'd be in the Championship, or rather he would have just come to the PL with Southampton.

His finishing though is better than some of the other pace merchants like Lennon and Pennant and when his confidence is high he can change games (e.g. Spurs and Chelsea last season). Still doesn't make him any different to a lower level PL player or Championship player though.

Last edited:

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
I suspect so as well. All i can hope it means from a English perspective is that maybe Jones may play as the long-term right-back, with maybe Valencia and Smalling backing him up. Cause Rafael is crap.

Evra certainly needs proper also.

Rafael isn't crap. I actually think he's going to have a great season.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I still don't get why Walcott gets so much stick. Find me a winger who by the age of 22 has as many assists as him! Just because Arsenal fans are terrible fans, doesn't mean he's a poor player. He's consistently produced more than Downing and Johnson, and they both get England spots. He's even had games he's turned single handedly for England, which is more than Rooney has done in the last 4 years (unless we count completely turning a game in the oppositions favour by being a complete moron).

Auwais

International Coach
Stats wise, he produces around as many goals and assists a season as Bale, the bestest player in the universe ever.

He's not that bad.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I know. People love to hate. In any other country he'd be given praise for achieving so much so young, and encouraged to fulfil his potential. In England he's written off as a failure and a flop by 22... Won't just take building new training facilities and hiring a load more coaches to change the way our national team plays with fear.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Rafael isn't crap. I actually think he's going to have a great season.

Well my friend i would disagree. He should have been loaned with the option of selling just like his twin Fabio.

An absolute liability defensively was showed terribly in the Olympics recently. He is simply not United quality or quality of any top premiership club.

----------

I know. People love to hate. In any other country he'd be given praise for achieving so much so young, and encouraged to fulfil his potential. In England he's written off as a failure and a flop by 22... Won't just take building new training facilities and hiring a load more coaches to change the way our national team plays with fear.

Ye i get fed up with the stick Walcott gets a times, i don't know what exactly people want from him. Indirectly that hat-trick he scored vs Croatia became the worst thing that happened to him.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Numbers alone don't make you a good player.

If you actually see his performances through the season, he was worse than Ox and looked barely better than Gervinho. Don't want him, would bag a huge fee and he's got one year left anyway.

People forget his playstyle and how ineffective it is against a lot of teams.

JBlues08

Club Captain
Well my friend i would disagree. He should have been loaned with the option of selling just like his twin Fabio.

An absolute liability defensively was showed terribly in the Olympics recently. He is simply not United quality or quality of any top premiership club.

Rafael is very similar to Bosingwa when it comes to defending...

War

Chairman of Selectors
Rafael is very similar to Bosingwa when it comes to defending...

In recent years yea he certainly became a liabilty defensively. But i remember a time for both club and country when Bosingwa was a bit more solid defensively.

Rafael is just like Cincinho. A over-rated young Brazilian who has been extremely lucky to get a chance to play at one of the best clubs in the world.

Auwais

International Coach
He signed a four-year contract last month and was given the number 2 shirt, so Fergie obviously sees him as a long-term investment.

Good going forward and his positive attitude is endearing to supporters but needs to be a bit more composed mentally. His concentration at times can be extremely frustrating, the Muniain goal at OT last season a prime example.

JBlues08

Club Captain
In recent years yea he certainly became a liabilty defensively. But i remember a time for both club and country when Bosingwa was a bit more solid defensively.

Bosingwa was OK defensively under Scolari and Hiddink but since then, he has been crap. Only good thing about him is that he has a bit of pace, which is useful when dealing against pacey wide players.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Give it up guys, football has become impossible to predict! Who the hell would've predicted City 2-2 Southampton after 78 minutes!

War

Chairman of Selectors
Bosingwa was OK defensively under Scolari and Hiddink but since then, he has been crap. Only good thing about him is that he has a bit of pace, which is useful when dealing against pacey wide players.

Yea basically. He did a good job that night defensively in a make shift. center half role at the Nou Camp i recall.

Users who are viewing this thread