abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Tbf, I did get called a Dhoni worshiper, a Dhoni ass kisser and someone who kisses Dhoni's foot and praises him to the sky. ;)

LOLL !

We all get called names. It is part of the internet culture, but I have always thought of PC to be one of the rare civilized corners of the web, so the standards are set higher.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So basically, instead of ignoring a troll, you are asking me to feed him with the one thing trolls thrive on - personal insults ? Makes sense

So, you picking on me, correcting me is perhaps fairer than someone blatantly trolling around? Makes sense. I think I pretty much fairly apologized if you didn't like something. I think there must be people here responsible to warn us. Plus, I think I can do some self policing knowing people around here are SO sensitive.

Just to let you know, that chap hasn't shown up since. He was 'clearly' here to amuse himself and hurt some fans. Instead of making a case for such moronic behavior, you're here arguing with me. I don't quite get it.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Just asking for general opinion and posting about cricket for a change-

Does anyone else here think that CSK need a semi revamp?

In my opinion, I think they're in need of a couple of foreign batsmen and critically, two Indian batsmen as well. I understand why they didn't play a foreign quick, simply because they don't have the domestic batting. Also, they're overloaded with spin. Negi, Jadeja and Ashwin? Think two should play. Opinions?

I also feel, it's not such a bad idea for MS to hang up as captain and hand over the reigns to Raina.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Freshening up the festival | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

As Poker had mentioned before, the '5 overseas players' rule can be further enhanced by including one associate player, and having a best-of-three finals sounds fascinating.

I've always thought having a 4 + 1 overseas player quota with the "+1" being an associate player would be interesting. The Bangladesh Premier League actually required teams to sign at least 1 associate player, which I'm sure was great in both financial and cricketing terms for the players who were signed. However, I think there's probably only 2 players right now (Paul Stirling and Tom Cooper) who could benefit from this rule and I fear it would only end up just giving ten Doeschate more money. Even Kevin O'Brien probably doesn't add enough cricketing or marketing value to be worth signing anymore.

While I like the idea in that it would make some associate players money, the whole point of adding 1 more overseas player slot would be to add a player international audiences would be able to connect with and I think you're kind of missing out on that if you make it mandatory that the 5th overseas player be from an associate nation.

In my opinion, I think they're in need of a couple of foreign batsmen and critically, two Indian batsmen as well. I understand why they didn't play a foreign quick, simply because they don't have the domestic batting. Also, they're overloaded with spin. Negi, Jadeja and Ashwin? Think two should play. Opinions?

I also feel, it's not such a bad idea for MS to hang up as captain and hand over the reigns to Raina.
Most definitely, I don't think foreign batsmen are much of an issue but at least 1 extra domestic batsman so we can drop one of the Indian bowlers and get in an overseas bowler because right now we're forced to play Indian bowlers or drop one of the overseas batsmen for Mithun Manhas. On spinners, we've been playing 3 spinners in the business end of the tournament going as far back to 2010 when we had Ashwin, Murali and Jakati, it's either our spinners now are just not as effective or the pitches aren't turning as much anymore, and if it's the latter, we definitely need to switch to 2 spinners.

S

Satan666

So basically, instead of ignoring a troll, you are asking me to feed him with the one thing trolls thrive on - personal insults ? Makes sense

I have proved this to be wrong, from time to time, not saying I'm a troll though :)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

I have been having this feeling that Dhoni has taken things too far. He just loads people up with so much frustration because he has become very stubborn and inflexible. His time as captain seems to be getting close to the finish line now. At the risk of riling up the Dhoni hardcore fanatics and the people who think Dhoni still has it in him as captain, I would say Dhoni does need to relinquish captaincy and be the player. Maybe he can end with a high in his career if he does that.

Users who are viewing this thread