Sehwag out of World Twenty20

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Big blow for India! Murali Vijay recently made a great century in IPL and i feel he will continue this form to the t20 world cup as well hopefully.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
████. He's one man who can take India to a win all by himself. Plus, he's a bit senior among the current lot and thus adds a lot to the team.

I'd have loved to see Uthappa replace him. But, Vijay is decent as well.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Not a blow at all. This could be a blessing in disguise. Sehwag has been on and off in this IPL (more off than on). Vijay is in form, and he will let Gambhir be aggressive at the other end while he can keep the scoreboard ticking and also play the odd aggressive shot. Now some will come and say "Why not Uthappa"? But here Vijay is more of a classical opener than Uthappa and has been a hit in the IPL as an opener unlike Uthappa who is currently playing lower down the order.

I was expecting this all along (some one will get injured and Vijay/Uthappa will come in). Finally it has happened with Sehwag again. Hope Zaheer doesnt get injured. We dont have able replacements for him:D

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Vijay is in form, and he will let Gambhir be aggressive at the other end while he can keep the scoreboard ticking and also play the odd aggressive shot.

You don't want that to happen. Ideally, India would like Gambhir to play the anchor's role and bat through the innings. He's been good at it (2007 T20 World Cup). You want some aggressive batsman along with him. Uthappa would have been the perfect choice. But, nevertheless, Vijay has been agressive at this year's IPL and I guess he's been taken in for the same reason.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I don't think it's too bad a thing for India. Sehwag's not been in great form in the IPL, so him being injured means they can give Murali Vijay a game; a guy that's been in magnificent form. A batting line-up of:

Gambhir
Vijay
Raina
Dhoni
Yuvraj
Yusuf/Sharma
Jadeja

Still looks pretty damn strong to me.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What the fearsome tweak!!!!

IPL fearsome tweak of!!!

Sack IPL!!

Cause of IPL we do not get to see him bat in WT20

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Although Vijay has played quite aggressively this IPL, he is still very much at ease accumulating the runs at a strike rate of over 100 (with the odd boundary along with the two's and three's). Gambhir can be more successful if he can be the aggressor because he is used to it at the international level. Vijay doesnt have international limited overs experience (he hasnt made his debut in a ODI yet). Thats why I said Gambhir be the aggressor and Vijay be the anchor.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I think it is not that bad a thing. Sehwag is a dangerous batsman, true. But, he hasn't been consistent in the IPL whereas Vijay in latter stages has come to the party. Indian side is pretty strong still. I just hope some of the guys keep their (massive) egos aside and play.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I don't think it's too bad a thing for India. Sehwag's not been in great form in the IPL, so him being injured means they can give Murali Vijay a game; a guy that's been in magnificent form. A batting line-up of:

Gambhir
Vijay
Raina
Dhoni
Yuvraj
Yusuf/Sharma
Jadeja

Still looks pretty damn strong to me.

I agree, very strong. If this had been last year, I would have said Sehwag's injury is a huge blow. But this year, we have enough replacements for Sehwag (Vijay, Uthappa, Manish Pandey, Kohli, etc). All these guys have had enough exposure through the IPL and international cricket (as far as Vijay and Kohli goes).

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Selection Of Vijay over Utthapa shows Dhoni Influence

;)

But he deserves!!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Selection Of Vijay over Utthapa shows Dhoni Influence

;)

But he deserves!!

You could also say 'Srikanth influence'. But here, its the replacement of an opener for an opener. Uthappa used to open long time back, but now he is a completely middle order batsman (even when he last played for India, he batted in the middle order only).

TumTum

International Cricketer
I don't like Uthappa tbh, same goes for Y Pathan. Have a feeling they will struggle at international level.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I reckon Cheeka gonna send Tamil Nadu Ranji team with MS Dhoni in Indian Colors:sarcasm.

Manish Pandey is lot better than Murali Vijay!

Binnu added 3 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Manish Pandey is lot more consistent than Murali Vijay!

Only in the recent past, he has been forced to go fast for Kallis' advantage of getting Orange Cap!

Users who are viewing this thread