Semifinalists?

Which teams do you think will reach the semifinals of the tournament?

• Total voters

ksduded

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
If points were carried through to the second stage, our group would go:

ENG - 6+1=7
NZ - 2+4=6
PAK - 2+2=4
SA - 2+2=4

That way teams are actually separated fairly, and it doesn't come down to this NRR stuff.

oh yeah and you are telling me that you would have won against the Aussies in the first group?? sour grapes anyone... going pretty cheap.....

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well we actually have beat them a few times this summer. Lets see how Pakistan did...oh wait...

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
^^^ No.
In the first stage NZ beat both SL and ZMB, two pretty decent T20 sides, and then beat PAK in the second stage.
PAK won one group match in the first stage against Bangladesh, and one match in the second stage, and they are in the semi.
I think points should have been carried forward from the first round, which would mean a more deserving team such as NZ would go through, and it would not go down to NRR.

If points were carried through to the second stage, our group would go:

ENG - 6+1=7
NZ - 2+4=6
PAK - 2+2=4
SA - 2+2=4

That way teams are actually separated fairly, and it doesn't come down to this NRR stuff.

so we should change the system we have had for previous 2 wc's just so your team can qualify? no thank you. You had your chance to qualify by beating ENG, but you pulled off a South Africa and choked.

It helps if you have close games and don't get thrashed, and that's why Pak are in semi's.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The fact is we have beaten two out of four of the semi-finalists, plus we are probably the only team that can actually compete with Australia.
I'm saying this as we have proven over the summer that in the shorter formats it was pretty even between Australia and us, while everyone else who has versed them this tournament has got pretty much wasted.

Another fact is Pakistan have won two out of their five games, and one of their wins was against Bangladesh. That's one out of four wins against top eight sides, and they are in the semis.
You can not say at all that there is nothing wrong with that!!!

None of the other three sides left will come even close to Australia.
ATM I'm just hoping either AUS or ENG win, as they are the two most deserving sides remaining.

Dabi

Club Captain
The fact is we have beaten two out of four of the semi-finalists, plus we are probably the only team that can actually compete with Australia.
I'm saying this as we have proven over the summer that in the shorter formats it was pretty even between Australia and us, while everyone else who has versed them this tournament has got pretty much wasted.

Another fact is Pakistan have won two out of their five games, and one of their wins was against Bangladesh. That's one out of four wins against top eight sides, and they are in the semis.

ATM I'm just hoping either AUS or ENG win, as they are the two most deserving sides remaining.

You shouldn't argue. Most of the Pakistani fans won't accept that their side is undeserving of a semi-final berth!
I mean dude, they did beat Bangladesh, which is getting better so that must count for something dude!

deathrevenge9

International Coach

Dude the truth is that Pakistan was most desrving than NZL.They did play well than NZL in the Super8's.
OK we lost to NZL and England but both the matches were pretty close and even though we failed in batting but we fought pretty well and took both the matches to the last ball.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It is a real shame that most of members here in PC are feeling very hard to digest Pakistan's victory.
What ever the case is, whether Pakistan have it as a fluke, ICC was a having a crap points system or anything else, it is past now everybody must wish good luck to both teams and hoping to watch a good cricket match.
Why we are fighting and for what we are fighting?
In the end it is a sports not a military strike(now don't try to start a full thread on this word).
It's luck some good game at right time which get us through and same thing can only happen for one team(out of Kiwis,Pak,SAF). So why to jealous this much?
Not PCB give money to SAF and NZ team to lose nor ICC asked PCB before changing point system then for what all this bullshit is going on.

blake

School Cricketer
I think that Australia, Pakistan, England and Sri Lanka should make the semis. Just a guess though, I mean, it would be freakish if this actually happened right? Right??

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Blake, your delirious. England are fcking useless bunch of pricks and won't get anywhere near the semis! They won't win anything after that Ashes victory for a long time!

Users who are viewing this thread