Sep 19 - Afghanistan v India

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Hmm, the way Yuvi is bowling we might not need an extra bowler, as I'm typing that he's hit for 6.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
2 huge sixes! They still think they can do it. I'm loving this contest. Thanks to a great show (by the standards expected from them) put up by them tonight.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I don't think we're going anywhere with such a pace attack. Zaheer is bowling like he doesn't want to. Just for the sake of it...

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I think it's time to drop Zaheer, he's just not good enough anymore, woeful stuff.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Zaheer has been awful in this game. I keep repeating it - he was not there when we won the T20 WC in 2007. WHY IS HE NOW HERE??? He has not become fitter, not become better with the bat.... His bowling style doesn't suit T20'ss

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Ashwin my man! Gets the dangerous Nabi, wish we could just bowl 10 overs of Ashwin. :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Ashwin's delayed action did the trick there. Nabi came out from the crease in express fashion, but was slowed down big time by Ashwin's stop and bowl action. BeautiFUL!!!!!!!:clap

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
We need to turn to Ashwin's 4 overs most of the time, I feel. And, hope that he doesn't have an off day and Yuvi compliments him well. Bring in Dinda for Zaheer, Irfan to open with Dinda.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Btw, where are you watching the game Sai? You were having some trouble with ESPN earlier, ya.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Btw, where are you watching the game Sai? You were having some trouble with ESPN earlier, ya.

Can't say it here...:p

Balaji rounds it up with back-to-back wickets to get India that win. Well played Afghanistan though (easy to say it after India wins:D). We need to improve quite a bit if we have to challenge the tougher teams. Next game against England is going to be mighty tough.

Zaheer needs to go. He is massively unfit for this level of cricket. Bring Dinda in. And as many agree, we don't need a 7th batter when Harbhajan can be a useful hitter down the order. Harbhajan for Rohit should be another swap.

----------

India should feel lucky.

We won it by 23 runs. And before the game started, people talked about how upsets can more likely happen in T20's. So we did well to not slip on the banana skin.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Zaheer needs to go. He is massively unfit for this level of cricket. Bring Dinda in. And as many agree, we don't need a 7th batter when Harbhajan can be a useful hitter down the order. Harbhajan for Rohit should be another swap.
Nah, only Dinda for Zaheer. Harbhajan isn't really a spinner anymore. Just darts, that's it. One hit and he stops giving the ball air and those darts of his get carted all over. He did the same thing against Pakistan in warm up, didn't he?

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Can't say it here...:p

Ah, I see.

If anyone deserves to be left out it's Gambhir at the top and don't forget Rohit did very well in the warm-up games(37 against SL and 56 against PAK), would take a brave man to drop him right now.

Nah, only Dinda for Zaheer. Harbhajan isn't really a spinner anymore. Just darts, that's it. One hit and he stops giving the ball air and those darts of his get carted all over. He did the same thing against Pakistan in warm up, didn't he?

Basically this, and don't forget we have the great Yuvraj. ;)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
If anyone deserves to be left out it's Gambhir at the top and don't forget Rohit did very well in the warm-up games(37 against SL and 56 against PAK), would take a brave man to drop him right now.
I won't drop Gambhir. I know he hasn't been among the runs recently but, he is a class act. I'll persist with him. Actually, I love to see both Gambhir and Sehwag open. Remember, during the last two T20 WCs, we didn't have these two opening. So, I think we can persist with these for sometime for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread