Shocking: Afridi quits international cricket!

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^Its not his ego mate. Ijaz Butt has made a mess of cricket in Pakistan. He is the cause of problem of here, not Afridi.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Yep, can't really play in any foreign leagues without an NOC. Though I'm not sure if he can simply decide not to be a player registered with the PCB. That would be pretty funny.

It's poor, but not really surprising. He quit because he felt they were shafting him, so they did it a couple more times just to make sure. I guess the bright side for him is that they will inevitably backflip, but I think it would be more interesting if he found a way around it.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Though I'm not sure if he can simply decide not to be a player registered with the PCB. That would be pretty funny.

It would be neat if he could but don't think it works that way. Gayle isn't contracted to the WICB but still needed an NOC to play in the IPL.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
^Its not his ego mate. Ijaz Butt has made a mess of cricket in Pakistan. He is the cause of problem of here, not Afridi.

Oh Yes Surely :) Plus Board is now black mailing Shahid Afridi by revoking his NOC and his Money which he has earned from his hard work. Ijaz Butt wants another apology from a cricketer just like what he did with Younas Khan and Muhammad Yousuf. But I guess in case of Afridi he won't get what he is wishing for.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
Afridi is the most popular cricketer in Pakistan since Imran Khan. This movement by the public is not just for Afridi, but is against the arrogant Butt... it's for a cause and not just because they want to see Afridi hit another six.

However, Afridi is the only player in the current squad who can cause re-election in Pakistan :D

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
I am loving every minute of the Afridi drama.
Remember him saying "Indians are not large hearted, clean hearted etc...", stupid comment, I didn't take any offence to it.
Also "Irfan Pathan is not a real Pathan", now this was vicious, totally degrading a person.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Butt is a close relative of Defence Minister Mukhtar Ahmed. He is going no where. I can't say the same about cricket in Pakistan though. :facepalm

Last edited:

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
My goodness :facepalm

lol..... Thats Administration of PCB for you :)

Anyhow, The dawn news article sheds more light on the defensive and coward tactics by Waqar Younas. Abdur Rehman was never a wicket taking option. He is just useful to contain runs but Pakistan's strength has never been towards containing runs rather than its taking wickets.

And Some Guys here,,,,, I guess Its enough, There is no connection between Afridi's retirement and his comments on Indian team after the semi-final. So put it aside. That's a separate issue.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It would be neat if he could but don't think it works that way. Gayle isn't contracted to the WICB but still needed an NOC to play in the IPL.
That's what I mean about de-registration. The WICB is still the controlling body for domestic players in that region.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
lol..... Thats Administration of PCB for you :)

Anyhow, The dawn news article sheds more light on the defensive and coward tactics by Waqar Younas. Abdur Rehman was never a wicket taking option. He is just useful to contain runs but Pakistan's strength has never been towards containing runs rather than its taking wickets.

And Some Guys here,,,,, I guess Its enough, There is no connection between Afridi's retirement and his comments on Indian team after the semi-final. So put it aside. That's a separate issue.

Well put Rehan

Users who are viewing this thread