Final nomination list for ICC awards out, Indians dominate list

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
It's a shame Priyanka Roy missed out on the "Women's Cricketer of the Year" category. She has been absolutely fantastic this year. And the way she rose up to the big picture within a couple of months, is like some fairy-tale!

Lol, honestly, do you think anyone cares about the women...? We just hope one of them's hot.

P

pcfan123

speak for yourself mate, I watched most of the matches of the womens 50 over world cup. The England gals were phenomenal and easily the best team on show.

Also they are cricketers, so unless being hot adds yards to their pace or improves their timing, its largely irrelevant.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
speak for yourself mate, I watched most of the matches of the womens 50 over world cup. The England gals were phenomenal and easily the best team on show.

Also they are cricketers, so unless being hot adds yards to their pace or improves their timing, its largely irrelevant.

Hehe. Agreed bro.

Now lets see in 2010/11 and Australia start talking about ashes, I bet they'll talk about 09 not 06. :facepalm

I feel sorry for Glenn McGrath. Poor Pidge gets it wrong all the bloody time :p

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Mitch Johnson? I was under the impression this was cricketer of the "year" not cricketer of the "first 2 months of the year".

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Mitch Johnson? I was under the impression this was cricketer of the "year" not cricketer of the "first 2 months of the year".

Haha. Exactly my point. He's quite overrated and given the disappointing bowling line up of the Aussies, I can see why they are falling all over him while he falls all over the place :laugh !

Coming back to the topic, I think MS stands a chance to win the ODI cricketer of the year, although Yuvi Singh's gonna give him a tough fight :) !

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Well they're certainly getting some practice in at being good losers. It'll take a while to get as good as England though ;)

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
^^^ :rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl

rahuldravidfan added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

And that was a nice one, Friend863 :laugh

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
cricketer and test cricketer should be split between two of strauss, gambhir and samaraweera.

in a way I'd like samaraweera to get test player, it's unlikely he'll be nominated again and he's the top run scorer over the season.

cricketer for me it's strauss, though I'm not entirely comfortable with that, it feels like whoever plays best in the ashes is the automatic choice for this award. but overall I think he's just edged out gambhir.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Strauss was also very impressive against the Windies (only the Windies I know) and remember that he only became captain at the start of the year.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
StinkyBoHoon... Hmm. Samaraweera's played well. But I think Gambhir might walk away with the honours. Lets not forget he "single-handedly" demolished the Aussies & a particular Shane Watson :p

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
yes, but as barmyarmy says, strauss was very good in the windies and in india (away series), he also single-handedly destroyed the aussies at lords.

HOWEVER, in saying that, I feel had england meekly lost the last test of the ashes strauss' case wouldn't have looked very good. He's not been amazing in the manner of a martin crowe, he's been solid while the rest of his team haven't.

SachBro

School Cricketer
Test cricketer of the year, definitely Gambhir, how the hack anyone can forget his performance throughout the year in all conditions and in all test playing nations India toured. If you are good enough to be noticed for your performances despite being part of a team that has Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman; you make a good cricketer, if you are one of the top scorers for the year, you make even a better cricketer. Its him, I am sure. One day cricketer, well, I will say Dhoni, check out his current average, that is above 50.00 in recent times. Spirit of the cricket, I would give to New Zeland. To me, quite easily the most well behaved team ever. No controveries on the field, despite of there inconsistent perfromances; especially in an era where others teams resort to means of sledging as soon as they realize the game slipping away from them. Its great to see Women are being recognized for their cricketing talent, really proud of them. Umpire of the year, I will give to Simon one more time. Asad Rauf, gimmie a break. Too many blunders this year.:noway

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
SachBro... c'mon buddy. Asad Rauf & Rudi Koertzen were the best things to happen all summer. :D

Users who are viewing this thread