ICC Awards 2005

langerrox

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
get over the ashes jesus:p, why isnt langer there:p, id go flintoff for player of the year and martyn for test player odi symonds or pieterson and emerging player pieterson

ronny_kingsley

Club Cricketer
langerrox said:
get over the ashes jesus:p, why isnt langer there:p, id go flintoff for player of the year and martyn for test player odi symonds or pieterson and emerging player pieterson

There are countries playing cricket other than Australia and England as well

MWaugh said:
Player of the year - Andrew Flintoff
Test Player of the year - Damien Martyn
ODI Player of the year - Kevin Peterson
Emerging player of the year - Kevin Peterson

Would like to bring to your notice that KP has only one match winning innings till date and still you are picking him for ODI player of the year

dazza76

Club Cricketer
ronny_kingsley said:
There are countries playing cricket other than Australia and England as well

Would like to bring to your notice that KP has only one match winning innings till date and still you are picking him for ODI player of the year

Would love to know what you class as a match winning innings because i can recall at least 5 matches since christmas that he has played a match winning innings.

ronny_kingsley

Club Cricketer
dazza76 said:
Would love to know what you class as a match winning innings because i can recall at least 5 matches since christmas that he has played a match winning innings.

Well if I remember Pieterson did well against ZImbabwe but was overshadowed. Then England didnt win anything in South Africa where he did play well. After South Africa Pieterson played one innings of 90 odd against Aussies ( which was matchwinning)and did nothing notable elsewhere in the series.

SO now you come forward and tell Pietersons 5 match winning performances.

See this if you dont believ me

Last edited:

langerrox

International Coach
didnt he win you like 3 matches in SA? with his hundreds?(i dont know dont follow england:p)

dazza76

Club Cricketer
ronny_kingsley said:
Well if I remember Pieterson did well against ZImbabwe but was overshadowed. Then England didnt win anything in South Africa where he did play well. After South Africa Pieterson played one innings of 90 odd against Aussies ( which was matchwinning)and did nothing notable elsewhere in the series.

SO now you come forward and tell Pietersons 5 match winning performances.

I guess we may dither on what we class as a match winning performance. I see it as when a player gives a performance that gives his team the best opportunity to win a match regardless of whether they do or not.
I have never believed a player alone can give a match winning performance but can only contribute to the outcome.
As you come across as a know all argumentative git no doubt you will disagree.

Sureshot

Executive member
langerrox said:
didnt he win you like 3 matches in SA? with his hundreds?(i dont know dont follow england:p)

we lost 4-1 had no Freddie though and Gough was playing.

He scored 3 hundreds iirc.

MWaugh

International Coach
ronny_kingsley said:
KP/Symonds/FLintoff for ODI player of the year.

KP hands down for emerging player of the year.
SO post whom do you want the award to be given.

i stand by my remark of peiterson winning the ODI player of the year. he did well against south africa. he may have only had one match winning innings but he was a star anyway. (so you claim - im like langerrox, i dont follow england either)

you picked him yourself in your first post aswell???

and since i dont think kallis will get test player of the year then i feel that a south african should win something... therefore give it to kevin

gamerkid22

National Board President
Player of the Year: Rahul Dravid

Test Player of the Year: Brian Lara

One-Day International Player of the Year: Kevin Pietersen

Emerging Player of the Year: Kevin Pietersen

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Player of the Year: Rahul Dravid/Andrew Flintoff/Inzamam-ul Haq/Jacques Kallis

Test Player of the Year: Jacques Kallis/Brian Lara/Damien Martyn/ Shane Warne.

One-Day International Player of the Year: Rahul Dravid/Andrew Flintoff/Inzamam-ul Haq/Brett Lee/Kevin Pietersen/Daniel Vettori/Andrew Symonds

Emerging Player of the Year: Kevin Pietersen/Gautam Gambhir/A.B. De Villiers.

themuel1

International Coach
Pak_cricketer said:
dude its not just England who have improved this year theres Sri Lanka, Pakistan and New Zealand. All of these teams have youngsters and especilly Pakistan whos finnaly looking like a WHOLE team instead of a one man team..

btw can there be 2 players who share the awards?

He's talking about the BBC thing! Even so I think that England would deserve team of the year and as for "WHOLE team instead of a one man team", was that a snipe at England? If so remeber that K.P got more runs than him and look at the wickets for the series.

(Sorry if you didn't mean anything by it) :D

dazza76

Club Cricketer
ZoraxDoom said:
Player of the Year: Rahul Dravid/Andrew Flintoff/Inzamam-ul Haq/Jacques Kallis

Test Player of the Year: Jacques Kallis/Brian Lara/Damien Martyn/ Shane Warne.

One-Day International Player of the Year: Rahul Dravid/Andrew Flintoff/Inzamam-ul Haq/Brett Lee/Kevin Pietersen/Daniel Vettori/Andrew Symonds

Emerging Player of the Year: Kevin Pietersen/Gautam Gambhir/A.B. De Villiers.

Isnt that just about everybody thats been nominated? lol

Users who are viewing this thread