ICC Awards Thread.

zreh

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dare said:
Cricketer of the Year: Muttiah Muralitharan or Jayawardene dude made 374 ina match im suprised that blew ocer that easily and his partnership with kumar
Test Player of the Year: Mohammed Yousuf or Mahela Jayawardene
One-day Player of the Year: Yuvraj Singh or Hayden
Emerging Player of the Year: Mohammed Asif without a doubt
Captain of the Year: Dravid or Jayawardene btw Vaughan doesnt deserve to be there all he did was lead england in the ashes and im not saying that wasnt a great win but he didnt do a damn thing for the rest of the year, Inzamam should be there instead of him.
Umpire of the Year: Simon Taufel

poz

Hayden as One-day Player of the Year?

...Bro, Hayden has barely played any ODI's this past year, and the ones he played in, he blew...

Completely agree with yuvraj Singh, people seem to be overlooking the guy, he had the highest ODI average, behind only Hussey...

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Sureshot said:
I agree with that, I'm a huge fan of Monty, but I wouldn't vote for him to be the best in the world. But he has had blimming good 2 test series.

Yes I agree with that, the reason he wouldn't ever get above ponting was that ponting had 5 good test series and 2 decent odi series.

rickyp

International Coach
Dare said:
Cricketer of the Year: Muttiah Muralitharan or Jayawardene dude made 374 ina match im suprised that blew ocer that easily and his partnership with kumar
Test Player of the Year: Mohammed Yousuf or Mahela Jayawardene
One-day Player of the Year: Yuvraj Singh or Hayden
Emerging Player of the Year: Mohammed Asif without a doubt
Captain of the Year: Dravid or Jayawardene btw Vaughan doesnt deserve to be there all he did was lead england in the ashes and im not saying that wasnt a great win but he didnt do a damn thing for the rest of the year, Inzamam should be there instead of him.
Umpire of the Year: Simon Taufel

poz

Personally for me
cricketer of the year: Ponting (or warne, depends on what it takes into account as warne did have 90+ wickets in the year)
Test Player of the year: Warne
One Day player of the year: Lee (he wont be, i dont watch one dayers outside of australians playing so from what ive seen thats my vote)
Emerging player: Asif, Panesar or Cook, its a toss up really
Captain of the year: Jayawardene probs with Vaughn close behind, the only way ponting would get it is if it was based on wins, even then he probs wouldnt
Umpire of the year: Taufel for 4 in a row (or 3, i lost count)

Helpman

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why is Adam Gilchrist nominated as cricketer of the year? what exactly has he done?

Sureshot

Executive member
Good point.

A century against Bangladesh, two high fifties against World XI and RSA in tests.

He's had a good time in ODI cricket though. 3 centuries.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
zreh said:

...Bro, Hayden has barely played any ODI's this past year, and the ones he played in, he blew...

Completely agree with yuvraj Singh, people seem to be overlooking the guy, he had the highest ODI average, behind only Hussey...

Hayden hasn't played any ODI's this past year.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Gilly deserves to be nominated; He's the best opener in ODI cricket by a country mile. I can't think of anyone who can get a team off to a flyer better than him, not even Jayasuriya comes close.

Plus, his wicket-keeping is none too shabby either.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
zreh said:

yea my bad lol it was sopostu be Hussey not Hayden.

irottev

School Cricketer
evertonfan said:
Gilly deserves to be nominated; He's the best opener in ODI cricket by a country mile. I can't think of anyone who can get a team off to a flyer better than him, not even Jayasuriya comes close.

Disagree

He may be the best ODI opener or close to it, but it isn't by miles by any means.

He didn't deserve to be on that list after the past year.

zreh

Club Cricketer
evertonfan said:

he's the best opener in ODI cricket by a country mile? That has to be the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard... :rolleyes:

JamesyJames3

International Coach
zreh said:
he's the best opener in ODI cricket by a country mile? That has to be the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard... :rolleyes:

I have to agree with you Zreh, that's quite a silly comment. He has talent as an opener in ODI cricket, but wouldn't count him as the best.

Other greats of this modern time would be: Jayasuriya, Gayle, Tendulker, Trescothick.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
zreh said:

Care to give a reason why? Or would you prefer to just inuslt my post without any opinion of your own?

I'm allowed my opinion okay? Just because you disagree with my post doesn't give you the right to call my post ridiculous.

Maybe the country mile bit is a slight exaggeration, but he's still the best ODI opener in my opinion.

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
zreh said:

Let's make a few changes there by saying " he's one of the best , if not the best "
Another thing is that ,he certainly didnt deserve to be on the list after his last year's performance unless you count his performance against the minnows Bangladesh.

zreh

Club Cricketer
evertonfan said:
Care to give a reason why? Or would you prefer to just inuslt my post without any opinion of your own?

I'm allowed my opinion okay? Just because you disagree with my post doesn't give you the right to call my post ridiculous.

Maybe the country mile bit is a slight exaggeration, but he's still the best ODI opener in my opinion.

If your talking about at the moment, I'd Still take Tendulkar, and Smith Over Gilchrist as an ODI batsman. His numbers this past year were not very good. Of all all time Gilchrist is up there, but as I've pointed out earlier, Tendulkar has much better numbers, in ever category except strike rate, and Tendulkars strike rate is not too shaby either.

Gilchrist is definitly one of thebest openers in ODI cricket of all time, but definitly not the best by a country mile...

Users who are viewing this thread