ICC Awards Thread.

rickyp

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
evertonfan said:
Exactly. I think that personality comes into it as well. His humbleness and work rate really make him shine as a cricketer, hence why he deserves to be nominated for cricketer of the year.

I'd give the award to Flintoff anyway.

Why is it called cricketer of the year if it doesnt have anything to do with cricket ability? please dont put your foot in your mouth

@ sureshot, you cant say "he could of got 40 wickets" fact is he didnt. And for the sake of it, ive seen every ball he has bowled this summer.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
rickyp said:
Why is it called cricketer of the year if it doesnt have anything to do with cricket ability? please dont put your foot in your mouth

Being a cricketer isn't just about the cricketing ability, it may surprise some thick skinned people such as yourself, but character plays it's part in the cricketer of the year award. It's all about ability in the Test and ODI player of the year awards, but for cricketer of the year, it's about what they bring to the came and Monty brings a lot. I'm not saying he should win it, but he is more than worthy of his place.

And i'll put my foot wherever I please, and if I could, i'd stick it right up your jacksie.

rickyp

International Coach
evertonfan said:
Being a cricketer isn't just about the cricketing ability, it may surprise some thick skinned people such as yourself, but character plays it's part in the cricketer of the year award. It's all about ability in the Test and ODI player of the year awards, but for cricketer of the year, it's about what they bring to the came and Monty brings a lot. I'm not saying he should win it, but he is more than worthy of his place.

And i'll put my foot wherever I please, and if I could, i'd stick it right up your jacksie.

ICC Awards Nomination Criteria said:
The Academy will cast votes for the individual awards from a shortlist of players identified on the basis of their performances over the course of the judging period.

you may notice that this criteria doesnt mention anything about how "character plays its part in the cricketer of the year" so ill say it again, dont put your foot in your mouth (again)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
rickyp said:
you may notice that this criteria doesnt mention anything about how "character plays its part in the cricketer of the year" so ill say it again, dont put your foot in your mouth (again)

Funny, it doesn't say that character doesn't play a part either. Read between the lines perhaps. If it was as black and white as that then Cricketer of the year is the same as Test and ODI player of the year.

And again, my foot is nowhere near my mouth.

rickyp

International Coach
ok.... so the criteria has hidden criteria, you do realise that doesnt happen dont you? this isnt like the school leader nominations.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
rickyp said:
ok.... so the criteria has hidden criteria, you do realise that doesnt happen dont you? this isnt like the school leader nominations.

We can argue all night but I grow tired of it, i've seen enough award ceromonies in all sports to know that performances aren't the be all and end all.

Say a player who has scored 7 centuries in 7 Tests but is then convicted of drug abuse and match fixing, would he be nominated? I'm 99% sure he wouldn't but the criteria doesn't say that does it, so surely this drug abusing match fixer must definitley be nominated?

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
rickyp said:

@ sureshot, you cant say "he could of got 40 wickets" fact is he didnt. And for the sake of it, ive seen every ball he has bowled this summer.

He is entertaining to watch and he has an amazing following in England.
Panasar is up there with the best to win that award also to win BBC Sports Personality award as well but thats off topic

rickyp

International Coach
evertonfan said:
We can argue all night but I grow tired of it, i've seen enough award ceromonies in all sports to know that performances aren't the be all and end all.

Say a player who has scored 7 centuries in 7 Tests but is then convicted of drug abuse and match fixing, would he be nominated? I'm 99% sure he wouldn't but the criteria doesn't say that does it, so surely this drug abusing match fixer must definitley be nominated?

thats just stupid you do realise, he would definitely be nominated because his off field behavior HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CRITERIA, stop arguing away from the facts please, panesar doesnt deserve to be nominated for the cricketer of the year BASED on the criteria FACT

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
rickyp said:
thats just stupid you do realise, he would definitely be nominated because his off field behavior HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CRITERIA, stop arguing away from the facts please, panesar doesnt deserve to be nominated for the cricketer of the year BASED on the criteria FACT

So a drug abusing match fixer is worthy of being cricketer of the year is he? And that's a good example to set to children is it? :rolleyes:

And i'm still waiting for your reasons behind Panesar not deserving his place, other than the fact that your Australian and that England don't deserve anything.

rickyp

International Coach
for the love of god READ ALL OF MY POSTS IN THIS THREAD if you really want to see them, i said them ages ago.

and it isnt about being a role model, its about being the best

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
rickyp said:
and it isnt about being a role model, its about being the best

That just proves how narrow-minded you are.

Even you know that I am right now; The Cricketer of the year has to be a perfect role model as well as a great cricketer. How about you just swallow your pride and admit that your aren't exactly right this time? The criteria would never allow someone who isn't a role model to win the award, regardless of how good they have been.

rickyp

International Coach
So how does being a character fit into all of that? isnt matthew hayden a role model, because hes certainly a role model to every australian

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
rickyp said:
So how does being a character fit into all of that? isnt matthew hayden a role model, because hes certainly a role model to every australian

Yes Matthew Hayden is a role model, but obviously the performance part of the criteria doesn't see him as worthy.

rickyp

International Coach
evertonfan said:
Yes Matthew Hayden is a role model, but obviously the performance part of the criteria doesn't see him as worthy.

ugh cmon! as if he hasnt performed better than panesar, they havent even been in the same league

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
rickyp said:
ugh cmon! as if he hasnt performed better than panesar, they havent even been in the same league

Hey, your acting as if I nominated him!

And how the hell can you compare an opening batsman to a spin bowler?

Here's a tip for you, learn to have a spread opinion. Instead of being so biased to Australia, maybe you should balance your opinons, instead of thinking every Aussie is king and every Englishman deserves nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread