Top 10 of the last 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to give the example, Inzamam-ul-Haq has been also nomiated in the Official World ODI 11 polling which recently held over the web.

Pakistan fans have amazing inferiority complex . And this is proved by the fact that most of them are amazing liars.

Here is the official list of ICC World XI. And there is no Inzamam.
Opening batsmen: Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag (both Ind)

Middle order: Brian Lara, Viv Richards (both WI) and Ricky Ponting (Aus)

All-rounder: Kapil Dev (Ind)

Wicketkeeper: Adam Gilchrist (Aus)

Spinner: Muttiah Muralidaran (SL)

Fast bowlers: Wasim Akram (Pak), Glenn McGrath (Aus) and Allan Donald (SA)

12th man: Michael Bevan (Aus, the player who received the most number of votes without being enough to make the would-be starting XI).

International Cricket Council - Greatest ODI Team of All Time

If Inzamam is such a match-winner why have Pakistan never defeated best test side in last 30 years ? Why have they won only 2 test series against OZ and SA in last 20 years.

Man most of these Pakistan fans are serial liars.

Last edited:
Wow that is just wow. Thats why i asked him to provide a link to the poll he was referring to but instead he started giving stupid stats like Inzy had more Half Centuries than Sachin. WTH dude, thats not something to write home about. He had more 50s coz his conversion rate was poor. :facepalm

I am talking about the World ODI XI of the last 40 years that recently held, I am sure you have forgotten, I think I am reasonable enough to put my view in a reasonable and logical manner

But alas, people like you knows little about cricket who just go towards stats and does not understand the batting technique and footwork kind of thing which is the essence of batting. Pieterson is a different kind of player. One can't compare him with greats like Ponting, Lara, Tendulkar and Inzamam.

So you want more on stats, read this. You also forget that Inzamam was the second player to get to 10,000 runs in One day Cricket and that was against India I remember, Plus He was ahead of Sachin in half-centuries till his retirement.

He was not only a great player in the Batting surfaces but also a very good batsman in the bowling support wickets and that is said by Sanjay Manjeraker and a lot like others.

we did not start wars but we had a right to have our own view and if someone comes up and disrespect our player we have definitely the right to support him with logic and reasons enough.

Nevertheless, I have had enough of this discussion, In my book and most others, Inzamam was among All-Time Match Winner Greats standing beside Ponting, Lara and Steve Waugh.

But alas Pakistan despite having Inzamam have such a minnow like record against OZ and SA in last 20 years.
Team records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

But to them beating SA and OZ , the two best teams of last two decade holds no importance.

According to me Inzamam played so many matches because he was a Pakistani. And Pakistan have never produced a great batsmen . So he got so many chances.

Thread title should read : "Inzy vs the World." :p

Wow that is just wow. Thats why i asked him to provide a link to the poll he was referring to but instead he started giving stupid stats like Inzy had more Half Centuries than Sachin. WTH dude, thats not something to write home about. He had more 50s coz his conversion rate was poor. :facepalm

Hmmm.... I think you guys seriously need some brain and logic to post comments about Cricket. Read the words clearly, I said that Inzamam was Nominated in that List, I didn't say He won that category.

Plus, Don't tell me what kind of Indian fans are and we should rather not start this Indian fans vs Pakistan fans debate.

As far as Conversion rate is concerned, Thats just shows another lame and uneducated comment about this issue.

Inzamam used to bat at Number 4 and Number 5 Mostly, And Plenty of times, He couldn't complete the century and complete his half centuries even because of that, Otherwise He would be Miles ahead of Tendulkar in terms of Half Centuries atleast.

Tendulkar does have an art to make a Hundred well, but what's the use of that art if that superb art is not making his team win???

There is a famous saying about him, Whenever he does Hundred, India Loses.

I better not want to involve in this VS Discussion. But seriously, read clearly before posting comments.

Cheers :)

Hmmm.... I think you guys seriously need some brain and logic to post comments about Cricket. Read the words clearly, I said that Inzamam was Nominated in that List, I didn't say He won that category.

Plus, Don't tell me what kind of Indian fans are and we should rather not start this Indian fans vs Pakistan fans debate.

As far as Conversion rate is concerned, Thats just shows another lame and uneducated comment about this issue.

Inzamam used to bat at Number 4 and Number 5 Mostly, And Plenty of times, He couldn't complete the century and complete his half centuries even because of that, Otherwise He would be Miles ahead of Tendulkar in terms of Half Centuries atleast.

Tendulkar does have an art to make a Hundred well, but what's the use of that art if that superb art is not making his team win???

I better not want to involve in this VS Discussion. But seriously, read clearly before posting comments.

You are really funny dude.

There is also a saying. Ishant Sharma won more test matches against Aus and SA in 8 months than Wasim and Waqar in 14 years of their career.

And regarding Sachin's 100, he has more 100 in winning cause than Inzamam made in entire career.
Batting records | Combined Test, ODI and T20I records | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

But alas inferiority complex won't allow you to see that.

Ishant sharma >>> Wasim + Waqar because he won more test matches against Aus and SA in 8 months than Wasim and Waqar in 14 years of their career. :cheers

OMG you Indian fans are dilapidated, arrogant fools who are some what deranged, mentioning Sharma in the same breath as Wasim and Waqar. I like how all you Indian fans like ganging up on Pakistani fans on these forums and the moment the strike back you all start moaning and crying and using foul language. As Rehan said, it was a NOMINATION....sorry if you can't read English. Secondly, Pakistani fans always give credit where credit is due and no one will deny Tnedulkar is a great batsman, if not the greatest, but this is not a Inzy versus other batsmen discussion. It is a discussion about who individuals believe to be the best players of the last decade. Someone mentioned Brett Lee was more useful than Murali, i find that absurd but I respect that individuals opinions. May be the Indians should learn some lessons from that, lessons that the arrogant and completely self obsessed BCCI could seriously learn, trying to drag cricket back to the dark ages with their corruption, bookies involvement, which your own media keeps telling us about and refusal to use UDRS....absurd. And I remember someone saying that Pakistan has not produced great batsmen so we go on about Inzamam, erm...have you forgotten Zaheer Abbas and Javed Miandad? In fact, Miandad is one of only two batsmen in test history who never once averaged below 50 throughout his career, having to bat against the likes of Lillee, Hadlee, Botham, Holding, Garner, Marshall and co. So try not be so ignorant next time. Just thought I would also mention Imran Khan, who averaged over 50 in the last ten years of his Test career, all the while captaining one of the hardest teams to captain, being the only team to never lose to the Windies in that time. Peace :wave

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG you Indian fans are dilapidated, arrogant fools who are some what deranged, mentioning Sharma in the same breath as Wasim and Waqar. I like how all you Indian fans like ganging up on Pakistani fans on these forums and the moment the strike back you all start moaning and crying and using foul language. As Rehan said, it was a NOMINATION....sorry if you can't read English. Secondly, Pakistani fans always give credit where credit is due and no one will deny Tnedulkar is a great batsman, if not the greatest, but this is not a Inzy versus other batsmen discussion. It is a discussion about who individuals believe to be the best players of the last decade. Someone mentioned Brett Lee was more useful than Murali, i find that absurd but I respect that individuals opinions. May be the Indians should learn some lessons from that, lessons that the arrogant and completely self obsessed BCCI could seriously learn, trying to drag cricket back to the dark ages with their corruption, bookies involvement, which your own media keeps telling us about and refusal to use UDRS....absurd. And I remember someone saying that Pakistan has not produced great batsmen so we go on about Inzamam, erm...have you forgotten Zaheer Abbas and Javed Miandad? In fact, Miandad is one of only two batsmen in test history who never once averaged below 50 throughout his career, having to bat against the likes of Lillee, Hadlee, Botham, Holding, Garner, Marshall and co. So try not be so ignorant next time. Just thought I would also mention Imran Khan, who averaged over 50 in the last ten years of his Test career, all the while captaining one of the hardest teams to captain, being the only team to never lose to the Windies in that time. Peace :wave

OMG if Inzamam can be in league of Sachin, Lara then why not Ishant sharma.But you have a history of getting humilated . So you have become shameless now.

And Inzamam was nominated because he scored 10000 runs. Not because he was an ATG batsman.

And why don't you solve your own mess in which Pakistan cricket is now. Only a mentally retarded team will have Afridi as captain. And don't you know Pakistan cricket funds terrorist otherwise why would Javed Miandad marry his son with Dawood Ibrahim's daughter who he is a well known terrorist. PCB is begging to BCCI to play.

Yes Imran khan was so good with the bat in last 10 years that he never reached in the top 10 batsmen ICC rankings. :lol
And have you checked the average of Miandad against West Indies. :lol

So please keep your delusions to yourself. Win a test series against top teams. A fraud team with cheat cricketers and deluded fans.

The inferiority complexity is amazing.

OMG if Inzamam can be in league of Sachin, Lara then why not Ishant sharma.But you have a history of getting humilated . So you have become shameless now.

And Inzamam was nominated because he scored 10000 runs. Not because he was an ATG batsman.

And why don't you solve your own mess in which Pakistan cricket is now. Only a mentally retarded team will have Afridi as captain. And don't you know Pakistan cricket funds terrorist otherwise why would Javed Miandad marry his son with Dawood Ibrahim's daughter who he is a well known terrorist. PCB is begging to BCCI to play.

Yes Imran khan was so good with the bat in last 10 years that he never reached in the top 10 batsmen ICC rankings. :lol
And have you checked the average of Miandad against West Indies. :lol

So please keep your delusions to yourself. Win a test series against top teams. A fraud team with cheat cricketers and deluded fans.

The inferiority complexity is amazing.

India is only this good because they have money. The ICC (Indian Cricket Council) is run by India and not fairly. No doubt that Sachin is good, but he is not amazing. There are many batsmen that are better than him but don't get the due respect. Inzamam is a class player. He may be fat, but he was amazing. We are country that start of trends. Who invented Reverse Swing, Who has one of the fastest bowlers in the world, Who learned how to play Mendis first, Who hit the last ball for a six in Sharjah, Who scored the fastest hundred, the quickest ball. Wait a minute none of them are India. The reason probably is because copy other people. They have money and boast. Which one of your bowlers can bowl over 90 mph at the age of 36. Hang on a min, You young bowlers can't even hit 90mph.

What was that about Afridi being a mental captain. Atleast your captain does win because of Luck. India is a nice team. Batsmen are good but your bowling dep is worse than Netherlands. We are a balanced side. We play proper cricket not politics.

Try to learn that India is a cricket team that only won a world cup because it was fixed. Why could Pakistan not chase down the total of just 260. FIXED. Why did England not win the game when the chased 320. Because the game was FIXED. Money isn't everything. Learn and get some quality.

You Indian fans are dilapidated, arrogant and ignorant fools. Do you know the quality Waqar, Wasim and Imran Khan were. They weren't 7 foot tall freaks. They were average height normal players that could swing the ball. Apart from Zaheer Khan. Who in your team can bowl well. Mr Turban can turn the ball. So he fires it in.

It time you people learned that both teams are good but the legends can't be replaced. Sachin is soooo over rated. He is good but not excellent. :mad

ICC makes all the decision (Indian cricket league) That's why you win everything.

Why are Pakistani players not in the IPL. Wait they were in the first IPL. Who has the best bowling in the IPL. Can't be Sohail Tanvir 6-14. You guys are selfish and don't want the Pakistani to show there real talent so you don't buy them.

India is only this good because they have money. The ICC (Indian Cricket Council) is run by India and not fairly. No doubt that Sachin is good, but he is not amazing. There are many batsmen that are better than him but don't get the due respect. Inzamam is a class player. He may be fat, but he was amazing. We are country that start of trends. Who invented Reverse Swing, Who has one of the fastest bowlers in the world, Who learned how to play Mendis first, Who hit the last ball for a six in Sharjah, Who scored the fastest hundred, the quickest ball. Wait a minute none of them are India. The reason probably is because copy other people. They have money and boast. Which one of your bowlers can bowl over 90 mph at the age of 36. Hang on a min, You young bowlers can't even hit 90mph.

What was that about Afridi being a mental captain. Atleast your captain does win because of Luck. India is a nice team. Batsmen are good but your bowling dep is worse than Netherlands. We are a balanced side. We play proper cricket not politics.

Try to learn that India is a cricket team that only won a world cup because it was fixed. Why could Pakistan not chase down the total of just 260. FIXED. Why did England not win the game when the chased 320. Because the game was FIXED. Money isn't everything. Learn and get some quality.

You Indian fans are dilapidated, arrogant and ignorant fools. Do you know the quality Waqar, Wasim and Imran Khan were. They weren't 7 foot tall freaks. They were average height normal players that could swing the ball. Apart from Zaheer Khan. Who in your team can bowl well. Mr Turban can turn the ball. So he fires it in.

It time you people learned that both teams are good but the legends can't be replaced. Sachin is soooo over rated. He is good but not excellent. :mad

ICC makes all the decision (Indian cricket league) That's why you win everything.

Why are Pakistani players not in the IPL. Wait they were in the first IPL. Who has the best bowling in the IPL. Can't be Sohail Tanvir 6-14. You guys are selfish and don't want the Pakistani to show there real talent so you don't buy them.

So you are saying Pakistan team can be bought and for them money is more important than national pride??

Firstly, let's not make this an argument.
_
In reply to some of your statements..

No doubt that Sachin is good, but he is not amazing. There are many batsmen that are better than him but don't get the due respect.
Sachin Tendulkar is an incredible batsman. Unless you can't wake up to reality, why would you make such a statement. He's achieved more than any player of this generation(statistically and otherwise) and is truly one of the best batsman of this era
--
Who invented Reverse Swing, Who has one of the fastest bowlers in the world, Who learned how to play Mendis first, Who hit the last ball for a six in Sharjah, Who scored the fastest hundred, the quickest ball. Wait a minute none of them are India.
:lol Okay.. and let's see what India has done?
*Became 1/3 teams to win a world cup twice
*Set the world record for highest winning margin in an ODI match
*Holds the record sequence of 17 successful run-chases in ODIs
*Individual record(Sachin) for highest score in an ODI innings
*Individual record(Anil Kumble) for becoming only 1/3 bowlers to take over 600 wickets in test cricket
*Individual record(Anil Kumble) for equaling Jim Laker's record of most wickets in an innings of a test match
*Individual record(MS Dhoni) for the highest score by a wicket-keeper in ODIs

the list is endless
--
Which one of your bowlers can bowl over 90 mph at the age of 36. Hang on a min, You young bowlers can't even hit 90mph.
J Srinath - 156Kmph
I Sharma - 152Kmph
A Nehra - 149 Kmph
S Sreesanth - 149 Kmph
A Agarkar - 146 Kmph
Z Khan - 146 Kmph (to name a few..)

source: the INTERNET
--
Atleast your captain does win because of Luck. India is a nice team. Batsmen are good but your bowling dep is worse than Netherlands. We are a balanced side. We play proper cricket not politics.
Uh.. Imran Khan himself admitted that Pakistani cricket is in ruins because of politics. Who choses the president of the board? Oh my god! It's the ill knowledged(cricketing wise) president of the COUNTRY. Luck? It takes more than luck to win a cricket match dear. Maybe you should experience it before making wild claims.
--
Right. I never knew the Pakistan cricket team was in such a condition! But then of course, it doesn't come as a surprise sighting how things are at the moment.
--
Who said we doubted the quality of your legendary pacers?
I love Pakistani cricket(or used to) because of their never die attitude.
--
It time you people learned that both teams are good but the legends can't be replaced.
Finally! A just statement.
-----------
The purpose of this thread was, for sharing each others personal views on the topic proposed. I don't see why we should have been argumentative, trying to prove that one player was better than the other. It all boils down to ones own preference; Now let's drop this India against Pakistan cricketers battle. We're mates :yes, now let us stay that way.

MDStar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread