Final nomination list for ICC awards out, Indians dominate list

* Cricketer of the Year - Andrew Strauss

* Test Player of the Year - Thilan Samaraweera,

* ODI Player of the Year - Yuvraj Singh

* Emerging Player of the Year - Ben Hilfenhaus

* Twenty20 International Performance of the Year - Umar Gul 5-6 v New Zealand

* Associate and Affiliate Player of the Year - Edgar Schiferli (Netherlands)

* Women's Cricketer of the Year - Claire Taylor (England)

* Umpire of the Year - Simon Taufel (Australia)

* Spirit of Cricket - England

The Australians are only rowdy when they're winning matches. They've been very well behaved this year.

I am so glad aussie_ben wasn't here with us during the ashes. He would have made us look like idiots.

To be fair though I don't think England deserved to win the ashes, a lot of runs England made were from the tail. I spoke to a pom near where I live and he said the exact same thing.

Our batsmen have been poor for the last 18 months. Our brilliant tail and Strauss have held us together which is why Strauss has to win this award. England have far too many passengers to go anywhere.

To be fair though I don't think England deserved to win the ashes, a lot of runs England made were from the tail. I spoke to a pom near where I live and he said the exact same thing.

That's why it's so brilliant. We weren't even the better team and we still won. Mesmeric bottling from the crims brought the urn home for us.

And Will's bang on about Strauss. He isn't the greatest captain tactically, but he was pretty much the only one who batted with any kind of authority bar Trott at the Oval.

England shouldn't win spirit of cricket award. Firstly Strauss cheated with that catch, and then you guys go and cheat with the pitch for the final match! If you guys wanted the ashes and glory that much, then you can have it.

England shouldn't win spirit of cricket award. Firstly Strauss cheated with that catch, and then you guys go and cheat with the pitch for the final match! If you guys wanted the ashes and glory that much, then you can have it.

Pot calling the Kettle back?

Let's not throw around cheating accusations please. As srikarr said, if we assume Strauss cheated we might as well assume Clarke did against India. Personally I'd prefer to trust that they believed they'd taken the catches.

So before this turns into another fully blown argument, let's use this thread to discuss the great performances of the last year, not throw around accusations.

Sorry, I haven't yet blown off my steam from that series 'loss'.

thats a joke!!

Agreed, dude !

The Australians are only rowdy when they're winning matches. They've been very well behaved this year.

Lol. How true !

Aren't you the same guys who stole the Sydney test from us coz you couldn't beat us fair and square?

Your comments - in a topic which talks about "ICC AWARDS" - are completely uncalled for !

Pot calling the Kettle back?

Absolutely agreed. Whining doesn't win you matches.

Let's not throw around cheating accusations please. As srikarr said, if we assume Strauss cheated we might as well assume Clarke did against India. Personally I'd prefer to trust that they believed they'd taken the catches.

So before this turns into another fully blown argument, let's use this thread to discuss the great performances of the last year, not throw around accusations.

Exactly my point. And I hope your giving him an infraction, the same way you gave me for going off-topic :spy !

Last edited:
It's not cheating to produce a pitch that isn't a batsman's haven you know Covvy. I know your bitter, but you lost because you were outplayed by England over 4 days. Hard to believe I know, but it happened. Deal with it.

Sorry guys, as I said before I was letting of a bit of steam. I don't want to become like a Ben or anything. One last word though is that surely, you guys are using a double-sided coin! 9 in a row now:sarcasm

Back on Topic: Strauss should really win the cricketer of the year, he's the only real solid performer for England in their batting this year.

For me, its either Dhoni or Gambhir. Strauss played well in the Ashes and a few series here and there. Gambhir was fantastic all year. And Dhoni's the man whose maintained a career avg of over 50 even this year.

Sorry guys, as I said before I was letting of a bit of steam. I don't want to become like a Ben or anything. One last word though is that surely, you guys are using a double-sided coin! 9 in a row now:sarcasm
Doesn't the visiting side typically call? :p Maybe it had LCD displays and an integrated microphone that converted Ponting's call to text on the fly and displayed what he didn't call on both sides. </geekiness>

Back on Topic: Strauss should really win the cricketer of the year, he's the only real solid performer for England in their batting this year.
Unfortunately (or rather, thankfully) the cricketer of the year isn't picked only out of the English team.

It's a shame Priyanka Roy missed out on the "Women's Cricketer of the Year" category. She has been absolutely fantastic this year. And the way she rose up to the big picture within a couple of months, is like some fairy-tale!

Users who are viewing this thread