Should I go for Cricket 2004???

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have Cricket 2005 for PS2 and have got pretty good at it. In fact I find it quite easy to score 400-500 runs in a odi and it's getting quite boring. Recently, somebody told me that cricket 2004 is much better than cricket 2005 in terms of replaying the game and that I would enjoy the game even after I have mastered it.

Wanted to check with you if it's true. Should I go for cricket 2004 on PS2 as I'm getting a good deal on it.

Thanks.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Cricket 2004 (and I have the PS2 version) is good, but somehow the gameplay and the AI seem to be random at times.

Also strategic elements are missing. The custom field editor is very basic and disappointing, a seamer (medium fast or fast medium) bowling different kinds of deliveries don't have any visible effect most of the time (except the slower ball). And except on green tops, bowling is generally a chore in test matches and in 20 over ODI games, you get whacked all over the place by the AI.

As far as batting goes, I still haven't noticed what effect the confidence meter has. If anything, I can belt the ball all over the place when I first come in to bat, but when I'm settled down I actually find it harder to clear the fence, instead scooping the ball to a fielder and getting out on 30-40 odd when I wanted to kick on and play a big innings... very frustrating. Gameplay is also a bit slow and even 20 over games can take a while to complete.

I play mostly in medium difficulty.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Just buy the Cricket 2004, its probably the best cricket simulator ever made.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Thanks folks... have one more query :-

Can I save the game and play as the other team when I load it? I mean let's say I bat with Team A against Team B and save the game once I complete my innings. When I load the game, can I revert to Team B so that I can bat for both the teams? This way I can actually play against myself :)

Can't do this in cricket 2005 and wish there was an option to do it :(

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
There are editors for this. (Savtweak)
Also you can update lineups, bats and AI. Best cricket game to date.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
So are you guys saying would Cricket 2004 be better than 2005 with patches/editors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread