Cricket 2005 - Potentially Good News

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Right, this is a bit optimistic perhaps, but here we go....

If indeed Cricket 2005 is being developed currently, there is some potentially good news.

There is a new Rugby game (cleverly titled Rugby 2005) which is being produced by EA Canada. Now, the game's producer is Andrew Wilson, whom I believe was the producer on both Rugby 2004 and Cricket 2004. (He actually said his job was riding on those two games in one interview, so it's a wonder he's not singing for his supper these days)

If he is producing Cricket 2005 (which I assume is true, as Cricket 2004 was better than Rugby 2004 but he's being given another go at that!) then things may be looking up.

The new Rugby game has theived the graphics engine, and apparently the AI (?) from the FIFA series, and with a whole new bunch of animations, player faces and the like, the game looks really, really good.

I heard somewhere that Cricket 2005 was going to use the MVP Baseball 2004 engines, so if they do as-good-a job with Cricket 2005 as they appear to have done on Rugby 2005, we may have a good cricket game on our hands.

For anyone interested, the Rugby 2005 "official website" is HERE.

Also, there is a TRAILER for the game.

Here's to hoping a good job is done with Cricket 2005! :drinks

I'm not expecting too much from BLIC judging by what a truly terrible job Swordfish did with World Championship Rugby!

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
lazy_chesnut said:
I'm not expecting too much from BLIC judging by what a truly terrible job Swordfish did with World Championship Rugby!

While WCR wasn't exactly the best game ever but, its wasn't beyond help, unlike Cricket and Rugby 2004. I actually have high hopes for this BLIC, partly because they are working with Codemasters on this one, plus, they have asked people about what they want in the game, posted things like fact of the day etc. This tells me that they care about what the people want.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Easports/hbstudios did exactly the same kind of thing
They had some guy from ea acting as a salesman telling us what we wanted to hear and that our ideas will try to be included in game.
Also HB studios put up some email addresses for us to send our ideas for the game straight to them.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Sorry, didn't know that.

As there is no mention of HBStudios in the piece above, and the news they're using the graphics engine from Fifa for the Rugby, mean EA is doing the game themselves?

Ritwik

co-founder
For the first time there's going to be some competition in the cricket games industry. This is great news for the fans as its probably going to lead to better products. (see the PEV and FIFA rivalry)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ritwik said:
For the first time there's going to be some competition in the cricket games industry. This is great news for the fans as its probably going to lead to better products. (see the PEV and FIFA rivalry)

I agree that the fans will be the winner but I dont't think there is any rivalry between Pro Evolution Volley Ball and FIFA :p

cameeel

School Cricketer
Cricket '06 will probably have better graphics, but BLIC '99 had better gameplay, and if codemasters are developing it, BLIC '05 should be better

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Wonder if Ea Sports will go and buy exclusive rights from the ICC to be the only company allowed to make licensed cricket games.

They have done that with Nascar and NFL already so im sure they plan on doing it to other sports.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They probably cannot do it now,coz the codies already have bagged the rights !!

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Sman-21 said:
Wonder if Ea Sports will go and buy exclusive rights from the ICC to be the only company allowed to make licensed cricket games.

They have done that with Nascar and NFL already so im sure they plan on doing it to other sports.

They wouldn't have a hope if the ICC has seen their previous efforts!

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well we might be getting a good game from EA coz, who knows, they might be monitoring these forums(this one and the codemasters one) to get an idea of what we require and implement it.And might even implement some features that codies are not goin to include in the game,something like online play!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread