Should I go for Cricket 2004???

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have Cricket 2005 for PS2 and have got pretty good at it. In fact I find it quite easy to score 400-500 runs in a odi and it's getting quite boring. Recently, somebody told me that cricket 2004 is much better than cricket 2005 in terms of replaying the game and that I would enjoy the game even after I have mastered it.

Wanted to check with you if it's true. Should I go for cricket 2004 on PS2 as I'm getting a good deal on it.

Thanks.

yeh i think you should as its not as expensive and is very good.

Thanks kush, I guess I will. By the way, is the timing in 2004 same as in 2005? And does 2004 has the same kind of shots (front foot, back foot & advance shot) as 2005?

The timing is very different on Cricket 2004, but I would get it on PC, atleast then you can get patches for it when it becomes easier. Under a tenner in Asda!

I think I will go for PS2 version... don't have a high-end comp. Hopefully cricket 2004 will last me till the next version of EA cricket series comes along :)

How difficult is it to get used to crkt 2004? Is it as difficult as crkt 2005 coz it took me a month to get used to timing on crkt 2005! I hope it's not as tough.

alfa_beta said:
I think I will go for PS2 version... don't have a high-end comp. Hopefully cricket 2004 will last me till the next version of EA cricket series comes along :)

You don't need a high end comp, it runs on my crappy celeron for goodness sake! It's definitely not as tough to get use to as Cricket 2005. I made the mistake of having it on the PS2, just becomes too easy. Also the limit of the number of players you can move/edit/create becomes annoying.

Don't buy 2004 on the PS2 you'll regret it as the runout bug will drive you mad, literally.

ok... in that case lemme get the comp version. I don't have happy memories of laying cricket on comp though - had cricket 97 and it used to hang up on me quite often.

Is run-out bug that bad in cricket 2004? Even worse than 2005!!! I have been playing cricket 2005 for 2 months now and I still lose a couple of wickets at least per innings to run outs.

alfa_beta said:
Is run-out bug that bad in cricket 2004? Even worse than 2005!!! I have been playing cricket 2005 for 2 months now and I still lose a couple of wickets at least per innings to run outs.

Nah, the run out bug is where you put a put a fielder at mid-off (in my experience anyway) and the AI runs just about everytime it plays it to the fielder.

ok... by the way can I save the game and play as the other team when I load it? I mean let's say I bat with Team A against Team B and save the game once I complete my innings. When I load the game, can I revert to Team B so that I can bat for both the teams?

This way I can play against myself and take runout bug out of the equation :)

alfa_beta said:
ok... in that case lemme get the comp version. I don't have happy memories of laying cricket on comp though - had cricket 97 and it used to hang up on me quite often.

Most ammount of wickets i got in one innings by a bowler on PS2 on 2004 version was 4, other 6 dismissals were run out.

How come i never got that many run-outs? I traded in my version for RPIC simply because it was too easy. Made about 1800 in a hard test match with Australia vs. England and didn't realise but i trade it in for an easier game. But would the PC 04 or 05 be better?

Users who are viewing this thread