signature size

Status
Not open for further replies.

zain1612

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
:onpc hi i was wondering why the size of the sigs is 300x100 thats well tiny i mean cant it be like 400x200

Because that is what we set it at, it is so people dont have to go past huge signatures while trying to read a thread

not all of us have acess to broadband internet and many still have dialup and if you're signature is bigger than 300x100 it generaly causes problems and takes too long to load one page.

I've been on some forums where the signatures are ridiculously big. We decided 300*100 was quite big enough as frankly we are more interested in the content of peoples' posts than of their signatures.

I think the current sig limit is fine as it gives PC a tidy look yet it still allows users to express themselves with their sigs. I go on a few forums where sigs aren't allowed at all so just appreciate that PC lets you have a signature.

And if you guys still think 300x100 is too big (dialup users) you can disable the viewing of signatures in your user control panel.

I think this signature size is pretty good.. if it will be bigger it will be too much to scroll on the page..

I think the opinion of the forum is expressed in the majority of the posts in this thread. Plus, the rule is there for a reason we have already explained. Even if members wished to change the rule, we won't

Not really much to discuss on this. The reasons for the rule are already well indicated. This is a forum where we discuss cricket and cricket games, (amongst other things) not show off our signatures.

If anyone can come up with a well thought out argument as to why the limit should be increased (not just "I want a bigger signature") by all means get in touch with an admin.

Topic Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread