signing players

dmac

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
whats the tricks to signing players as far to many times players end up choosing another team because they have "brighter prospects"

6ry4nj

International Coach
Can't remember ever seeing that personally.

More information needed, specifically:
1. Does the other team have a better record than yours?
2. Are you both offering the same money?

dmac

School Cricketer
well usually its when there like " i would like to sign with your team, but not with what your offering" (im playing the older icc's not sure what new icc's are like). I then offer them more than everyone else and they then sign with the other team.

Dondogz

Club Cricketer
I find it easy to sign a player in the first round. Once the computers put bids on the player it becomes harder in my opinion. Most players I will click 3 times on the increase salary thing. If its a gun 4 or 5 times. Make sure you sign long contracts if the player is sought after.

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
I just pay more money for them. Hardly ever lose a player.

jacobfelix

International Coach
In Icc06, during transfers, I find these 2 messages quite amusing -

1) What an Insult! I will never ever play for your team
2) Your offer was a joke but I am not laughing :p

DR_DEATH

School Cricketer
whats the tricks to signing players as far to many times players end up choosing another team because they have "brighter prospects"
In Icc2011 players will generally accept their expected salary first offer.

However there is one exception, as you have probably noticed.

Occasionally, marquee type players will appear in the "free agent/domestic" contract list. You need to sign these players first offer otherwise you will almost always lose your opportunity to sign them. I find 3,500 over expected salary usually seals the deal and prevents other counties from snaffling them.

DR_DEATH

School Cricketer
why there is k written when player is retired from that team
Kolpak meaning that they are ineligible for all national teams.

I had an experience at the contracts screen at the end of my second season in charge of Leics.

There was a 23 year old regen v.agg opening bat who had played 1 1/2 seasons. He averaged 26 in FC and 46 in OD and had recently made his ODI debut for England. He was asking 46K. I offered 46K for 3 years and he said no and it came up with all the other teams bids. Worcs had bid 51K so I done my 3.5K over trick and bid 54.5K. He turned me down. Turns out he signed for Worcs on a 3year deal for 55K :facepalm

I will start bidding 4.5 over the highest first round bidder now, lol.

6ry4nj

International Coach
Jade Dernbach was going cheap, so I offered him what he asked for on a two-year deal, but he signed with Worcs. He's on a three-year deal for 18,500 a year :lol Of course, he's nowhere near being picked for England...

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I had an experience at the contracts screen at the end of my second season in charge of Leics.

There was a 23 year old regen v.agg opening bat who had played 1 1/2 seasons. He averaged 26 in FC and 46 in OD and had recently made his ODI debut for England. He was asking 46K. I offered 46K for 3 years and he said no and it came up with all the other teams bids. Worcs had bid 51K so I done my 3.5K over trick and bid 54.5K. He turned me down. Turns out he signed for Worcs on a 3year deal for 55K :facepalm

I will start bidding 4.5 over the highest first round bidder now, lol.

I've found that it's just so random though. Sometime I bid like 3k over in the first round, and they go to the other club straight away. Other times in the second round I offer like 10k over what they're asking, like 5k over what the other teams bid in the first round, and they still go to the other teams. Other times you offer them what they're asking, and they accept straight away.

Users who are viewing this thread