Silverchair the latest and greatest.

etho11

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Silverchair have just broken Australian music records.

Silverchair made music history today with the chart topping debut of their new release Young Modern. They have become the first Australian band to ever have five #1 albums.

This eclipses the achievements of Cold Chisel and Midnight Oil who each enjoyed four Australian #1?s over the course of their extraordinary careers. A number of other legendary Aussie bands have had three #1?s including INXS, Crowded House, Powderfinger and AC/DC.

It?s also Silverchair?s fifth consecutive #1 debut ? a feat that?s obviously also unmatched by any other group.

In more good chart news, their single ?Straight Lines? remained at #1 on the national singles chart for the fourth consecutive week. Both releases have already been certified platinum.

?We?re overwhelmed by the reaction we?ve had to Young Modern?, said Silverchair?s singer/guitarist/songwriter Daniel Johns. ?It?s been a long time since we?ve released a new album and we put a lot of time into making this one so we?re really grateful that it?s getting embraced in such a big way. Ben and Chris and I would like to thank everyone who?s helped make it all happen.?

In addition to its commercial success, Young Modern, has also been warmly received by the critics with a raft of four and five star reviews around the country. Rolling Stone Magazine called it ?a towering triumph?, Drum Media said it?s ?a melodic powerhouse? and the Sunday Herald-Sun described it as ?Silverchair?s Masterpiece?.

Silverchair have also set date for touring the UK great news for all Brittish fans. There new albmum especially the song Straight Lines is magnificent. Silvercahir are one of Australias best bands ever and this new album is no disappointment. The wait was worth while. :happy :happy :happy

symonds_sixes

Club Cricketer
They have been my favourite band for years. I can't believe how much they've evolved since they were 15. Playing anything from grunge rock to fantasia-esque rock with 80 piece orchestras, amazing! Daniel Johns is my hero :)

symonds_sixes

Club Cricketer
Etho, if you're interested I have 25GB of Silverchair, perhaps the greatest collection of video than anyone (dunno about that, there are a lot of crazy Brazilians with a lot). If you're interested I could share, I got some real gold :)

Roofrom50 said:
Awsome band. Their album and Straight Lines is awsome
As creative as Straight Lines is, it's probably the least creative song on the album. Personally my favourite songs on the album are If You Keep Losing Sleep and Those Thieving Birds. I read somewhere that Those Thieving Birds Part 1/Strange Behaviour/Those Thieving Birds Part 2 have 240 tracks in the one song which is really amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread