Your Cricket Simbazz's Slogging Diaries.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Now its likely i'll have forgot i made this :p But i'll try to update it.

The only reason i've posted is because we had a 20/20 today (College A V College B) and it was an absolute screamer of a game.

I batted as an opener as the number six will be playing for a county one day I'm sure of that, he's already had interest from Yorkshire. Anyways,

We lost the toss and bowled, its a fairly flat wicket at my college, but it does have an area on the slight leg side in which you can always get a bit of movement into the right hander (ripping back into the stumps).

I came on in the 12th over, and had a torrid over, getting carted for 15 runs, first two balls flew for 6. Anyways i duly left the attack. :(

I came back on in the 16th, and i found a bit of form, almost getting low to a C&B, but did result in a run out, class, the ball found an edge, the slip fumbled and the ball ran off, third man swung round, threw it hard and low the keeper got it and reacted well. :D So they posted 103/3.

Anyways this is where it got me, the wind started picking up. I went out and it was obvious there was going to be outward movement which quite frankly, scares me lol - I've never been able to feel comfortable about good controlled outswing, which is rarely seen, but when i do, i'm out.

I knew if I could keep my wicket for a good 6 balls i'd most probably be able to get on top of the wayward inswing, who dogged it down legside quite a bit. So first ball of his over (3rd over) and i'm stood there on 1*(4), he comes out with the bouncer, hits my helmet and runs away for 4, lets just say that he's just a tad under 85mph as he's a big outfit and i probably dropped a tad over 85mph to the floor.

Second ball i just left, shook me up a bit, third ball i had a feeling he'd drop it short again, and this was my time. I stood back, swivelled and slammed it straight over the astroturf fencing which was about 20ft high, and a good 60ft away, so it was a hell of a hit. Ok the next ball i was castled, but that 6 was beautiful.

Wasn't the end of my game as i had to change teams as a subtitute wicketkeeper, our regular had fallen heavy on his wrist, so last over they needed 13, which for the number 6 to be in is a difficult position for the bowling team, it was an offspinner who only started playing this season and has quite good control.

1st ball flew for four, i thought he'd edged it but he hadn't he'd cleaning sliced it over me, and the 3 slips!

2nd ball, edge, drop, thats me with a red face. 1 Run.

3rd ball, four again, wayward slightly on his pads and punched.

4th ball, a big, wide edge, i dived and parried it up, only for our slip to pick it up :D so they needed 4 to win.

5th ball, quicker straight on, two picked up, with me having to run to the boundary, which i wasn't happy about lol.

6th ball, now they needed two. I wont embarrass myself but I didn't help the situation, the batter we have a bit of a joke going as he's a left-hander, and he hates anyone saying anything negetive towards his left handed magic lol, so I wore him up slightly, yeh, he trotted down the track and smacked it for 6.

Kinda my fault :p But who cares, it was an inter-college game. Great fun, game on Saturday morning, should be fit, but i've got a niggling ankle problem again! Ah well.

Spinksy

School Cricketer
Now its likely i'll have forgot i made this :p But i'll try to update it.

The only reason i've posted is because we had a 20/20 today (College A V College B) and it was an absolute screamer of a game.

I batted as an opener as the number six will be playing for a county one day I'm sure of that, he's already had interest from Yorkshire. Anyways,

We lost the toss and bowled, its a fairly flat wicket at my college, but it does have an area on the slight leg side in which you can always get a bit of movement into the right hander (ripping back into the stumps).

I came on in the 12th over, and had a torrid over, getting carted for 15 runs, first two balls flew for 6. Anyways i duly left the attack. :(

I came back on in the 16th, and i found a bit of form, almost getting low to a C&B, but did result in a run out, class, the ball found an edge, the slip fumbled and the ball ran off, third man swung round, threw it hard and low the keeper got it and reacted well. :D So they posted 103/3.

Anyways this is where it got me, the wind started picking up. I went out and it was obvious there was going to be outward movement which quite frankly, scares me lol - I've never been able to feel comfortable about good controlled outswing, which is rarely seen, but when i do, i'm out.

I knew if I could keep my wicket for a good 6 balls i'd most probably be able to get on top of the wayward inswing, who dogged it down legside quite a bit. So first ball of his over (3rd over) and i'm stood there on 1*(4), he comes out with the bouncer, hits my helmet and runs away for 4, lets just say that he's just a tad under 85mph as he's a big outfit and i probably dropped a tad over 85mph to the floor.

Second ball i just left, shook me up a bit, third ball i had a feeling he'd drop it short again, and this was my time. I stood back, swivelled and slammed it straight over the astroturf fencing which was about 20ft high, and a good 60ft away, so it was a hell of a hit. Ok the next ball i was castled, but that 6 was beautiful.

Wasn't the end of my game as i had to change teams as a subtitute wicketkeeper, our regular had fallen heavy on his wrist, so last over they needed 13, which for the number 6 to be in is a difficult position for the bowling team, it was an offspinner who only started playing this season and has quite good control.

1st ball flew for four, i thought he'd edged it but he hadn't he'd cleaning sliced it over me, and the 3 slips!

2nd ball, edge, drop, thats me with a red face. 1 Run.

3rd ball, four again, wayward slightly on his pads and punched.

4th ball, a big, wide edge, i dived and parried it up, only for our slip to pick it up :D so they needed 4 to win.

5th ball, quicker straight on, two picked up, with me having to run to the boundary, which i wasn't happy about lol.

6th ball, now they needed two. I wont embarrass myself but I didn't help the situation, the batter we have a bit of a joke going as he's a left-hander, and he hates anyone saying anything negetive towards his left handed magic lol, so I wore him up slightly, yeh, he trotted down the track and smacked it for 6.

Kinda my fault :p But who cares, it was an inter-college game. Great fun, game on Saturday morning, should be fit, but i've got a niggling ankle problem again! Ah well.

Spot on. I would like to see you update this though Simon...

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
See, I was right :p

Yeh I might give you guys an update but not soon. Uni starting and stuff is enough on my mind at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread