Your Cricket Sledging Thread

^ guess you cant see the video, pretty funny and its about cricket.

Yes, you are correct. It would be better if you give the direct link to the video you are referring to rather than giving the link to homepage of some website which has several videos.

see if this works

[gfh]http://www.skysport.co.nz/video/cricket/the-cricket-show/the-fine-art-of-sledging-35229/[gfh]

I very rarely say anything because a lot of the time you just end up looking stupid.

When I'm batting it doesn't bother me what the opposition say, I'm pretty good at ignoring it and I just get on with the game.

Jut keep your mouth shut and play,let your bowling and batting do all the talking,i never sledge nor do I get involved in anything ugly with the opposition.Sledging is a stain on cricket.People have sledged me when i have played but i become more determined to shut their mouth by winning the match instead of shouting and acting like a ****** who wants to win by getting dirty,if i win i will win it on my talent and not by speaking crap and getting personal.

Karan, you must be a Sachin Tendulkar or Brian Lara fan when it comes to Sledging. They exactly do that while playing.

wen bowling, an evil stare wen the ball passes the bat does a little, and if the ball is swinging and the batsman misses, a really dramatic OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH makes the ball seem like its swinging more i find.

ive also found that ANYTHING that disrupts rhythm is a great way of upsetting a batsman,
i bowled 2 really bad wides down leg, then i bowled an outswinger aimed at leg stump, swinging and smashing the off stump while the batsman didnt have a clue :)

OR if your mitchell johnson, reply to any sledging with "why are you chirping now mate, you 're not getting any wickets!"

I was batting last week at cricket and the square leg umpire (the other team's started) sledging me. This is in under 14s.:facepalm

Witty banter is great, part of the game. Temporary loss of control is not great but can be understood in the heat of battle. Beyond that? I wouldn't say anything to anyone I wouldn't say to them 1:1 alone. For me, any other way is hiding behind the game and cowardice in my opinion.

Sledgers who are visibly trying too hard tend to lack a bit of self-awareness in my experience.

A lot of the best banter in cricketing history is from crowds. Especially Aussie crowds for some reason.

I was batting last week at cricket and the square leg umpire (the other team's started) sledging me. This is in under 14s.:facepalm

Craaazy!!! :mad

The other day there was this guy who kept flashing and missing at balls outside the off stump, our keeper commented on how he was fishing. Next time he played and missed, I chirped up from leg gully, catching anything when fishing mate? Sure enough 2 balls later he edged behind.:D

One guy told me that I had more blocks than Lego-Land, which I admit, made me laugh.

I can honestly say that I never gave or recieved sledges. Mainly because more often than not the guys we played against you didn't really know. Though I do admit that we'd sometimes make sly comments amoungst ourselves about opposition. Especially in one case when I was playing Under 14s. There was one team in our come where they mostly only had 10 players and 5 of them were girls. Let's just say we were made to eat out words after our first match against them

the best sledging isn't always hilarious, its just EFFECTIVE. simple things. i was the last man in for my team, and we had like 15 overs left . i was only a newb at cricket, and all i was doing was blocking. then the wicket keeper got me. "(strong welsh accent) lets see wat other shots he's got apart from this forward defence 'en lads"

i don't know why, i just drove to an outswinging delivery andwas caught at slip, game over, and a 20 ball duck for me :(

Users who are viewing this thread