So, I bought Cricket Captain 2023.

Mutahir_wk

School Cricketer
I don't really know how to feel about this. Got the game within 2 hours of its release as I genuinely looked forward to the new iteration. Unfortunately, I am disappointed. I'm 3.5 hours in and frustrated with how the game engine works, especially in white ball matches. Don't get me wrong, the engine wasn't any good in 2022 or 2021 (only saving grace was the scout and the editor, thank you Weetabixharry), but **** me, it seems to have gone downhill.

I really hope that there are updates/patches that make the game playable.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Unfortunately many of us have found this out the hard way. My last CC was in 2013 I think. And nothing has ever enticed me back in. Just a cash grab. No innovation no development.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't really know how to feel about this. Got the game within 2 hours of its release as I genuinely looked forward to the new iteration. Unfortunately, I am disappointed. I'm 3.5 hours in and frustrated with how the game engine works, especially in white ball matches. Don't get me wrong, the engine wasn't any good in 2022 or 2021 (only saving grace was the scout and the editor, thank you Weetabixharry), but **** me, it seems to have gone downhill.

I really hope that there are updates/patches that make the game playable.

Mate the game’s white ball engine has been horrid for ages, it ain’t getting fixed in a year’s time on a released edition that they won’t update beyond squads/DB changes and bugfixes. It won’t get sorted out next year too as long as there are folks still lapping up whatever they serve, sorry to be blunt.

I’d just try to talk to Steam support for a refund citing some reason, they’ve sometimes issued refunds even when the two hour mark has been breached.
Post automatically merged:

Unfortunately many of us have found this out the hard way. My last CC was in 2013 I think. And nothing has ever enticed me back in. Just a cash grab. No innovation no development.

I remember how you used to be a fan of theirs once upon a time, didn’t you and Sureshot also interact here?

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
Mate the game’s white ball engine has been horrid for ages, it ain’t getting fixed in a year’s time on a released edition that they won’t update beyond squads/DB changes and bugfixes. It won’t get sorted out next year too as long as there are folks still lapping up whatever they serve, sorry to be blunt.

I’d just try to talk to Steam support for a refund citing some reason, they’ve sometimes issued refunds even when the two hour mark has been breached.
Post automatically merged:

I remember how you used to be a fan of theirs once upon a time, didn’t you and Sureshot also interact here?
Yeah definitely. There was some interaction there and a vibrant community with stories and seasons and god knows what else. Cricket Coach was my game of choice to be honest. The stick criket animations of Cricket captain never was my thing. I just loved the Cricket Coach almanac feature and spent hours setting up domestic Dutch competions!

Bevab

Staff Member
Yeah definitely. There was some interaction there and a vibrant community with stories and seasons and god knows what else. Cricket Coach was my game of choice to be honest. The stick criket animations of Cricket captain never was my thing. I just loved the Cricket Coach almanac feature and spent hours setting up domestic Dutch competions!

It’s a shame that Oli can’t seem to get enough time/energy to work on a new game, it would sell a lot I feel if marketed properly.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
It’s a shame that Oli can’t seem to get enough time/energy to work on a new game, it would sell a lot I feel if marketed properly.
Yeah he has been ' developing' the new version for years. I would buy ten of em if it came out just to support it!

Bevab

Staff Member
Yeah he has been ' developing' the new version for years. I would buy ten of em if it came out just to support it!

I don’t think it’s possible it’ll ever be released, there will always be something new in cricket that he has to incorporate and code for in his game which will keep pushing the release date further away unless he gets some help on the development side.

Bevab

Staff Member
I'm not surprised. Plenty on the Facebook group and forums are saying its terrible. Cricket Coach is still the best game out there and 2014 was the last update

Don’t know about Facebook but the forums seemed cheery as usual… mind you that place is absolutely delusional at this point.

Bevab

Staff Member

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
Ah weetabixharry....reminds me of another great username I miss around hear CheeseSarnie......used to play online comps with him using Ashes 09!

Users who are viewing this thread