Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

Kaspersky is best from my experience even thoguh I am currently using avast.

It doesn't, it's an utterly awful piece of software.

I use a combination of Avast, Comodo and Advanced System Care and haven't had a signle virus related problem since I downloaded them all last December. In comparison to Norton 360 which we got free for a year and was utterly awful.

Avast is good but I've found it doesn't detect few very common viruses for e.g Autorun virus which is always on my Pen Drive thanks to the computers in my class. But now Avira takes bad care of that virus for me :p

Ya Avast! will do but you know I don't think its good or safe to install AV softwares on your PC when it is already corrupted by viruses they may corrupt the antivirus itself :p

I would say Kaspersky IS 2010.

That's huge. My system will never have these many viruses in my entire life span. :)

now microsoft should run "get the facts":sarcasm

but from the last month i have forgot what is a virus and an anti-virus.
oh got it it has got to do something with doors:p

I have one doubt here....When my floppy drive is connected to its slot...the computer never starts...If I disconnect the floppy drive from its slot...then the Computer starts....Quite strange...What is the reason?

( Main point is,now the floppy drive is no longer a use for me ...but I still wanted to know the main reason for this strange thing....)

I have one doubt here....When my floppy drive is connected to its slot...the computer never starts...If I disconnect the floppy drive from its slot...then the Computer starts....Quite strange...What is the reason?

( Main point is,now the floppy drive is no longer a use for me ...but I still wanted to know the main reason for this strange thing....)

what do you mean by "never starts" ? does it mean the comp doesn't get powered up (no lights) ? or the bios boots up but crashes in the middle?

in the former it could have something with the power supply needed in the later it might be a driver issue:)

the former only....

Why I asked is, usually when a system doesnt start our doubts turn to the SMPS,RAM,MB, power socket ... :p
but a system starting/not starting due to floppy drive connecting/disconnecting....sounded strange to me....

Last edited:
the former only....

then it definetly has to do ssomething with the power supply the floppy drive might require more power and the total power required by pc exceeds the capabilities of the psu(power supply unit) :)

It is because your system is put up on read floppy first, then Hard Disk where your OS resides.

It is because your system is put up on read floppy first, then Hard Disk where your OS resides.

well he has said it does not get powered up so definetly a power fault as if it was what you said the bios would have booted up

Need help. I was trying to make the appdata in my user folder visible and I think I must have clicked the hidden button on the properties. Now half my files are hidden and when I click on my user profile folder, "hedger", and then click on customize this folder (cause there is no properties anymore), it comes up with error,

(X) Desktop

(X) The properties for this item are not available

So like 4 of my files on my desktop are now hidden and I managed to get my documents folder back unclicking on the hidden attribute but I can't do it with my users folder and now, everything is like stuffed. Any suggestions to get this working again.

hedger_14 added 12 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

ok. i've managed to get most of the files showing but it still comes up with the error message so any help with that.

Ok. So the situation is:

I bought a new computer last year, it came with Vista 64-bit installed on it. Used that until the end of last year, when we upgraded our home computers to Windows 7 64-bit. I didn't want to lose anything I might still have on the Vista partition so I installed it in a dual boot configuration, with Vista as the primary partition/boot partition. I've decided now that I don't need the Vista partition any more seeing as I haven't had to access it for a few months, so I presume there's nothing on it I need.

What I would like to know is; What is the easiest way to make my computer only have one partition again, and for it to boot properly. I've done this before, but it took ages and was a mess basically. What happened then was I used the command line to make this partition the active one, and then delete the other one and then extend the current one. But while that made it one partition, the booting process wasn't correct because due to not being the original OS. I had to find a Windows 7 recovery disk and use that to repair the boot process. Is there an easier way?

Duno why but i cant access sites like Youtube,Facebook,Imageshack directly through my Browser(I have tried all of them) but through Proxy sites.Any way to solve this?It pisses me of at certain times :mad:.

They suddenly banned those sites for Pakistan? looks unlikely though. Anyways does it gives you any error while visiting those sites like Page load error?

Users who are viewing this thread