South Africa vs Zimbabwe & Pakistan, October-November 2010/11

Albie Morkel, observe how a real hard hitting all rounder plays!

When I saw that he would bowl the last over I was pretty happy. Because I know how he has been bowling lately.

Razzaq also got his century. He hit more sixes (10) then fours (7).

This Pakistan's win means that South Africa's winning ODI run of 10 ODI's has ended.

But I still feel South Africa are the stronger unit. They are missing big players like Smith, Kallis and Steyn. I feel Parnell and/or Theron should be tried in the next ODI.

Asad Shafiq isn't an opener. He bats well in the middle order, but not at the top order. Also I don't understand why Saeed Ajmal bowled 5 overs, why Hafeez bowled 10 overs.

God. :noway Why do we need the Morkel brothers in our team? The only reason they are there are because they have a world class cricketing education. Too bad they both have no talent and the brain of a rock.

God. :noway Why do we need the Morkel brothers in our team? The only reason they are there are because they have a world class cricketing education. Too bad they both have no talent and the brain of a rock.

What did Morne do wrong today?? 10 overs for 39 in an odi is very good imho.

The selectors need to go and have a rethink about the composition of the bowling attack. Langeveld is past his best, he was a brilliant death bowler two years ago he isn't anymore. Our two best death bowlers(theron and parnell) are carrying drinks when they should be playing.

Well to pakistan though it was a brilliant innings to watch from razzaq.

What did Morne do wrong today?? 10 overs for 39 in an odi is very good imho.
It is. It's just that I never get the idea that he actually knows what he's doing. He doesn't shine out as a talent. I don't know how to describe it. I just don't think he has the potential to be a world class bowler.

SA have found themselves a gun talent in Ingram, everytime I look at the scorecards he is making runs. Very impressive knock by Razzaq, SA are bit unlucky that they got the day where both Afridi and him fired.

On Morne, I see huge potential in him. Any bowler with his height that can clock close to 150km/h is going to be something special.

All right all good that Razzaq played a brilliant knock but still we have to try to win the series.

Pakistan really is to find a good combination for the next match i still believe that 2 Umers can make it to playing XI.Pakistan really have to select the best available players to set a chance against the Africans

What Pakistan is lacking that they don't yet have a settled opening pair.Seriously,Pakistan missing Kami at the top spot.Asad Shafiq hasn't looked comfortable against the short pitched deliveries.However,his partner Hafeez is having a nice form

In the Lower middle order we are missing Umar Akmal.I know he's having a tough time out there but still in my view He's a better choice than Misbah who really is playing for South Africa on whole of this tour so far.Just comes and wastes deliveries in quite a few numbers.

In the Bowling department i think we are making a mistake by not to playing with three genuine Seamers.I mean you can't Trust on Razzaq with bowling.As the time progressed his pace has come down and he don't have too many variations that' why he is struggling in the bowling department.So what i think that we should play with Umer Gul,Riaz and Akhtar may be you can drop Ajmal because this hasn't been his tour so far in 4 games.I think he needs little bit of rest

Haider is playing his first odi series and he is under enormous pressure whenever he comes.In these four matches when he comes the ask is to make quick runs and not loss wicket.So he couldn't handle this pressure and i think that's really harsh for a youngster.May be we should try him at the top.It will provide him a time to settle things down and also the mess that Asad is making is really questioning his place in the side.

So in my View the playing XI for the 4th Odi should be this

Hafeez
Haider
Younus
Fawad
Umar Akmal
Afridi
Razzaq
Gul
Ajmal
Riaz
Akhtar

If you want to bring some depth in your Batting you can try Misbah for Ajmal.Because we have already got Afridi and Hafeez in the spin department and Hafeez has done a fairly good job so far.

Last edited:
SA have found themselves a gun talent in Ingram, everytime I look at the scorecards he is making runs. Very impressive knock by Razzaq, SA are bit unlucky that they got the day where both Afridi and him fired.

On Morne, I see huge potential in him. Any bowler with his height that can clock close to 150km/h is going to be something special.

Unless they are Indian Fast Bowlers :p. They would be lucky to bowl over 140 every once in a while.

I was checking scorecard on cricinfo while doing my other stuff on PC. When Afridi came to bat only then i turned my t.v on. He was batting with some sense today but in the end fell to his own aggression. I turned off went back to prepare some ppts for my university stuff. Started cricinfo for a sec and i was like :eek: WTF happened.... I was cursing my luck. Brilliant knock by razzaq.

P.S: Ever since i read Eragon,Eldest and Brisinger, Razzaq's name remind me of a super powerful mythical creature who's name is pronounced as raaazzzak. :p

AngryPixel added 4 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

I haven't seen a lot of "Fawad Alam's" innings but today he was playing really weirdly. He was playing just two shots : Cover drive or defensive poke on the off side to look for a single near short short third man and point region. He should have at least tried to play a attacking shot once in a over. I hope he was just doing that to play a anchor role coz that kind of batting simply wont work in international cricket.

The problem for Pakistan is that they can't win matches to a formula. How often is that sort of thing going to happen? Next match it'll be back to losing most likely.

Yeah.. They are in a rebuilding stage. Its sad how that match fixing fiasco unfolded. They were starting to gel into a team then. But now, it is just individual brilliance which can won them a match. They are war from what you would call a team

Also note what happened here; significant batting contributions from both Afridi and Razzaq. Never going to happen.

Although take nothing away from those performances, and Wahab Riaz's as well, which was crucial in keeping the target down to where it was.

The problem for Pakistan is that they can't win matches to a formula.

The story of their entire existence in international cricket. They seem to rock up and hope for the magic to happen, regardless of who is the team, and it so rarely does.

They had a pretty competitive side in 90's. Akram,Waqar,Saqlain,Akhtar,Moin,Anwar,Yusuf. They were way better than Indian team of 90's. :p

Great knock by Razzaq. He is still the best striker in World Cricket when on song. This was one of the best ODI innings I have had the privilege to watch. Pakistan needs other players to contribute if they want to make an impression on Africans in next three ODIs. Afridi needs to continue to think about how he goes about his batting. Asad Shafique needs to be played in the middle. He is not an opener for heaven's sake. I hate farhat but since we don't have anybody, get him in to open and drop Misbah. Wahab Riaz impressed with his pace and accuracy. He is a good competitor and needs to focus on his game ONLY.

Users who are viewing this thread