Story SouthAfrica's International Diary(ICC CT 2009) - Boucher tries to Steady the Ship

Who win the ICC Champions Trophy 2009

• India

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

• New Zealand

• West Indies

• Total voters

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
australia.gif

Today the Cricket Australia Chief Executive Officer James Sutherland unveiled the revamp itinerary at the Sydney Cricket Ground for the upcoming series against South Africa. Australia were recently defeated by the Indians 2-0 in India, but made a good come back with a white wash 2-0 win over the Kiwis at home. Next they entertain the strong contenders for the number one spot South Africa at home. The Aussies will be playing the Proteas in 3 test match series followed by 2 Twenty20 matches and then 5 One Day Internationals. The Test Series have been sponsored by 3mobile while KFC will sponsor the Twenty20 Series and Commonwealth Bank will be sponsoring the One Day Series. Here are the following fixtures.

Last edited:

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Make sure you do this one, Shan. Anyway it's a good start and the presentation is very good. I expect Australia to get the win though as it is in Australia. You've only put it down as two tests though?

Highlander999

ICC President
Make sure you do this one, Shan. Anyway it's a good start and the presentation is very good. I expect Australia to get the win though as it is in Australia. You've only put it down as two tests though?

Amen :p

Nice start as usual Shan, good to see one of the older good quality story makers back :)

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Good luck with this Shantanu, South Africa ftw :p

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Channel Nine win Telecasting Rights

2r2rrwp.jpg

Welcome to Channel Nine and we have got news about the telecasting rights for the upcoming 3mobile Test Series and we are happy to announce that we, Channel Nine have won the telecasting rights for the Australia-South Africa Test Series. The matches will be shown live by Channel Nine in Australia only and Super Sport will show them live in South Africa only while in other countries Star Cricket will be showing the live coverage.

The channels that competed for the bid of getting the rights were

espnlogoss2.jpg
ESPN

starcricket80x80gs2.jpg
Star Cricket

starsportsnl9.jpg
Star Sports

channel9logozc2.jpg
Channel Nine

skysportslogotl2.jpg
Sky Sports

200801181200681986superho4.jpg
Super Sport

Channel Nine will be bring all new technology which includes the hawkeye, hotspot, snickometer, dartfish to name a few. The Channel Nine will bring you top quality presentation with new scorecard, wagon wheel, partnership graph, pitchmap. The Live coverage of the match will be accompanied by some quality commentary done by the best commentators like Richie Benaud, Mark Nicholas, Tony Grieg, Shaun Pollock, Michael Slater, Alan Border and Michael Slater. So just sit back and watch the thrilling series between the two top teams as it unfolds.

Last edited:

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Sounds good to me, the best broadcasters won. The commentators look promising as well and it looks like the stage is set for a brilliant tour.

Good luck, Shan.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Great to hear Channel 9 have the rights to what looks like a promising series here, come on the Proteas. Sky Sports should broadcast the series in UK with Channel 9 overlay.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
channel9logozc2.jpg
South Africans land in Australia

untitled4wi4.jpg

Welcome back to Channel Nine and we are bringing you the details of the squad which arrived in Australia today morning. After a long break the selection of the South African team was done two weeks ago and today they have arrived at the airport of Perth to play the first test match starting in a weeks time.

The 15 member squad was selected by selecting committee on the merits of their recent performances in International and Domestic level. There was a inclusion of uncapped Lonwabo Tsotsobe and recall of Robin Peterson who both have performed well for their domestic teams.

Graeme Smith(C)
Ashwell Prince(VC)
Mark Boucher(WK)
Hashim Amla
AB de Villiers
Paul Harris
Jacques Kallis
Jean-Paul Duminy
Neil McKenzie
Morne Morkel
Makhaya Ntini
Robin Peterson
Dale Steyn
Monde Zondeki
Lonwabo Tsotsobe​

As the players arrived at the airport, the coach and skipper expressed their confidence on the team.

21192082fu1.png
: This is going to be a very tough and challenging tour. Its going to be difficult to beat the Aussies but not impossible as we know that they can be beaten and we saw it against the Indians. We are confident on our abilities and we will give our best shot.

untitled1jn6.png
: We haven't lost a test series from the last nine we played. We are confident and we know the Aussies are difficult to beat but not impossible. They have their weak points and we are gonna use them against them. The Aussies are vulnerable and I feel this is the best opportunity to beat them.

Both the coach and skipper expressed their confidence on the team and the players and lets see what happens but we can assure you this to be a thrilling and a fascinating series.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
That's a strong team in my opinion and one of the most likely ones to beat the Aussies. Saying that it's going to be incredibly hard and I can see South Africa struggling. It's going to be a great series.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Squad for First Test Selected

untitled1pu4.jpg

Welcome back to Channel Nine, today the Aussies were found training hard in the net just hours after Cricket Australia had selected a 13 man squad for the first test to be held in Perth. Looking at the conditions in Perth the selectors have decided to go with four fast bowlers and a spinner along with a allrounder in the squad. But the news coming in from the Australian camp is that Stuart Clark won't be able to make it for the first test as he is suffering from a knee problem but he would be undergoing a later fitness test. Jason Krejza who made a remarkable debut against the Indians in Nagpur has been selected as the lone spinner as is set to make home debut.

Ricky Ponting(C)
Michael Clarke(VC)
Brad Haddin(WK)
Matthew Hayden
Michael Hussey
Mitchell Johnson
Simon Katich
Jason Krejza
Brett Lee
Peter Siddle
Andrew Symonds
Shane Watson
Stuart Clark​

The starting XI hasn't been decided yet and will be decided on the match day. Like the South Africans, teh Australian skipper and coach are confident that the Aussies will win the series.

untitled1iy6.png
: Yeah, its going be a tough series as both sides are very strong. But we will be having the home advantage and we haven't lost a home series for years now. We had our backs to the wall when we lost in India but we have came back strongly against the Kiwis and hope to do the same here. I have a lot of faith in my players and they will deliver when needed.

t86t1v.png
: We lost in India that doesn't mean we are a bad side. Indian conditions are different than that over here. Many teams don't come here in Australia and go back home winning. We are a strong unit and we always play good cricket. We enjoy playing in front our crowds, we love putting a good show and entertaining the people especially at this time when people are on holidays. I am confident that we will give our best shot and surely come out with a win.

Last edited:

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Australia have two all rounders don't they, Symo and Watson? Well it's an even team to the Proteas but I think it's a little stronger. The Saffers will have to perform well over in Australia against a very good side. Saying that, I don't think it is as strong as it has been over the years.

Great presentation, Shan.

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
What presentation this is Shantanu! Great works. Regarding this series. It is going to be a belter. Two of the best teams in World Cricket facing off. I am going to favour the Australians though ;)

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
channel9logozc2.jpg
The Cricket Show - First Test Preview

cricketshowheaderex1.jpg

simonxd3.png
: Hello and welcome to "The Cricket Show" where we, my guests and I will be previewing the first test between Australia and South Africa live from the WACA, Perth. With me I have Michael Slater and Shaun Pollock. First to you Michael, a very important series for Australia to show the world they are the world champions?

expertsslatersef4.png
: Yes, this series is going to very important for the Aussies because they didn't produced good cricket in India and the lost the series and many question were raised. But I feel the best way to answer them is winning this series against South Africa. Its going to be tough no doubt of it as the South Africans are a good side, but its very difficult to beat the Aussies at home, so that's an advantage for the Aussies.

pollytg2.png
: Australia surely have lots of things to prove but no doubt the South Africans will give them a very tough time. I agree its difficult to beat the Aussies in Australia but South Africa are in good form and haven't lost a test series in their last nine series so that makes things more exciting.

simonxd3.png
: Now lets talk about today's starting eleven, first Michael what do you think is Stuart Clark going to start or not?

expertsslatersef4.png
: I doubt he is going to start today. I caught him last evening and he said he hasn't fully recovered, so that's a big blow for the Aussies because Clark has been their important bowler. If Clark doesn't start then it might be Peter Siddle who would get the chance and Watson will be twelfth man for me. But lets see what Ponting decides.

simonxd3.png
: Shaun about the South Africans, rumours out there Ashwell Prince isn't 100% and Jean-Paul Duminy going to be given his debut.

pollytg2.png
: Ashwell is suffering from a sour elbow, I had a chat with him this morning he was telling he might just make it due to the late fitness test but I doubt Graeme may take the risk of playing Ashwell as he isn't 100%. Otherwise we have no injury worries, our bowlers have performed well for the last year or so. Steyn and Ntini have been brilliant. They would love to bowl on this WACA pitch which will have some thing for the faster bowlers.

simonxd3.png
: Now its time to slip to a short break but we have a contest for all the viewers its called the KFC Predicta Contest. Predict the question and you would win loads of vcash.

1z6y1wy.jpg

Q1:Who will win the toss?
a)Australia
b)South Africa

Q2:How many wickets will fall on day one?
a)0-3
b)4-7
c)8-10

simonxd3.png
: Stay Tuned as we return we will have the weather and pitch report along with the all important toss.

Users who are viewing this thread