Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

P

pcfan123

I say just grease them all up and put them in a WWE ring. Will get way more viewers than if they just play the 5th ODI

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Make them sit on the naughty stool. Really the officials should have told both captains to sort them out and neither player should be picked for that match, make them sit it out rather than slug it out (not that Riaz played, Trott pretty much might as well not have)

I do find some irony in suggesting cricketers should indulge in a 'sport' many consider rigged

irottev

School Cricketer
lol at throwing batting pads at each other. What a couple of bitches. Mayas well thrown their handbags and tampons as well.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
What topic? Was it pre-arranged that they would talk about match fixing?

Not that actual conversation obviously but the topic in Cricket in general has been match-fixing if you hadn't noticed.:facepalm

fisch

Club Cricketer
If I was an England team-mate I would have decked TROTT, not Riaz. Then when he's nursing his black eye and asking 'What the hell man, you're supposed to back me up?'...

'Sorry Trotty, I only back up English players.'

fisch

Club Cricketer
Ouch. But seriously, I'd have considered decking Trott. At times like these, we need to reach out and mend the turmoil, not add to it. There's a distinct lack of altruism in England's players, and in cricketers in general, to be fair. For them it's all about going out, bowling ten overs, getting runs, coming off the field and going home. No attempt to reach outside the parochial team-psyche and no concern about the fact that another Test-playing nation is in tatters.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think that the England players have any reason in the slightest to be concerned at the welfare of Pakistan cricket; especially after their Chairman has accused us of fixing matches.

The ECB and England cricket have gone out of their way to help the PCB by hosting the series against Australia which financially was never going to make a profit. How have they repaid them? Cheating, denials and accusations.

fisch

Club Cricketer
I don't know, I mean after all that's happened, I know it sounds ridiculous but we need Pakistan. We need them, for a start, in order to weed out match-fixing. That's why we need to keep them close. We need to find out what happened, but also the root causes, what the mindsets of these players were. My hunch is that where there's disillusionment with our game, corruption usually follows. The Windies, for example, didn't have the same exposure to a bookie culture but sold their souls in a different way, by joining franchises. Pakistan didn't even get that opportunity, but that's no excuse. The other reason cricket needs Pakistan is simple. Pakistan are good at cricket. Simples.

So in order to keep them close, be shouldn't be rubbing it into their faces at this time.

Having said that, I guess these players are professionals and it's not their duty to be spokespeople for our game, especially in this day and age. But boy, how I wish they were sometimes.

TumTum

International Cricketer
I don't know, I mean after all that's happened, I know it sounds ridiculous but we need Pakistan. We need them, for a start, in order to weed out match-fixing. That's why we need to keep them close.

Good reasoning...

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
it was stupid of trott, not just on a "it is a stupid thing to say level" but right now there is so much tit for tat going back and forward between the ECB and PCB they didn't need someone throwing in another morale high horse for the other board to get on.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I don't know, I mean after all that's happened, I know it sounds ridiculous but we need Pakistan. We need them, for a start, in order to weed out match-fixing. That's why we need to keep them close.

To treat cancer you don't keep it close. You kill it.

Users who are viewing this thread