Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

subversive

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Afridi to make another comeback to the Test side? :laugh

Afridi, who ended a four-year hiatus from Tests this year when he led Pakistan in the very first Test of the summer against Australia only to retire again from the format immediately after losing it, did not rule out another comeback for the Test leg of that tour. "I will think about it and if the team needs it, I may consider playing the Test series against South Africa," he said.

Pakistan in England: Tour was 'very difficult to cope with' - Afridi | Cricket News | England v Pakistan 2010 | Cricinfo.com

afridi118

International Coach
usa near washington dc baltimore maryland
he left the team as he knew butt and few others are doing something wrong with board not listening to him.
butt was in trapped by english media and others and put aasif and aamir in trouble.
as all know asif aamir are unplayable so as akhtar at times.

P

pcfan123

No he left the team because he is absolute shitt at any real form of cricket. He even said so himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
No he left the team because he is absolute shitt at any real form of cricket. He even said so himself.

He did also say that, after it all came out, that one of his reasons to 'retire' was that he knew this was going on and didn't want to be a part of it. This is backed up by quotes from when the scandal came out when Majeed was heard saying that Afridi was the only one not giving in.

P

pcfan123

113601.2.jpg

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Afridi and Akthar cheat to win.

Aamer and Asif cheat to get rich.

It's disgraceful either way really.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Even though I absolutely hate Afridi, I guess he quit just to stay away from the match fixing that was happening in the side. Now that its all out in the open, he is coming back into the test side. But I stand by my opinion that he is a misfit for test cricket. Doesnt have the patience for a long innings anymore.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
:laugh Afridi back to test cricket.

What's on his mind, will he return as a captain or just a player?
I don't think he is anymore needed in Test cricket for his batting, just his bowling is good.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Even though I absolutely hate Afridi, I guess he quit just to stay away from the match fixing that was happening in the side. Now that its all out in the open, he is coming back into the test side. But I stand by my opinion that he is a misfit for test cricket. Doesnt have the patience for a long innings anymore.

Well that to me says he is a weak person. To just dissaprove of it and quit to avoid it is weak. He should of blown the lid on the whole scam considering he was the captain! It was a bit late for him to come clean about knowing about it.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Well that to me says he is a weak person. To just dissaprove of it and quit to avoid it is weak. He should of blown the lid on the whole scam considering he was the captain! It was a bit late for him to come clean about knowing about it.
It's a little more problematic and political, as his life can be at risk (in Pakistan).

An MQM official was killed in the UK very recently, so Pakistani politics can also and is seeping into the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread