Sri Lank to host World Twenty20 in 2012 and Bangladesh in 2014

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
World T20 to go to Bangladesh in 2014 - Article

The ICC have awarded the next two World Twenty20 tournaments in 2012 and 2014 to Sri Lanka and Bangladesh respectively, while England will host the Champions Trophy in 2013. The 2015 World Cup will be held by Australia and New Zealand and the 2013 Women's World Cup will be played in India. The decisions were announced after a meeting of the ICC board in Singapore.

I'm very excited about the 2015 WC down here (although it's ages away).

Last edited:

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Old news buddy :p But yeah, I can't wait for the WC, tickets to the final I shall get ;)

Surprised we won't be hosting a WT20 or Champions Trophy for yet another while though.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I was just planning to make a thread about this. You could have made the title like 'Sri Lank to host World Twenty20 in 2012 and Bangladesh in 2014'

This is also an interesting sentence:

'In terms of the number of participating teams, it is possible that the World Cup could be reduced and the World Twenty20 expanded.'

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
2015 I'm set to graduate from college. Maybe I'll do a study abroad down under and follow the Indian team around. :D

P

pcfan123

Not as big a creeper as this guy, talk about a lack of class

Last edited by a moderator:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
From this article you can derive some good news for Bangladesh team. At least they are assured till 2014 from Test cricket.

The ICC wouldn't have given a tournament to host to a non-Test playing nation.

P

pcfan123

or the Canadian Quadrangular, and the u15 tournaments are also usually held in associate countries like Malaysia

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
@ sohum, That was to help cricket grow in countries like Ban, Ken. Those were the days, when cricket was still classy. Now ICC KT is just another ICC tournament for money, and the whole reason it was created in the 1st place is totally out the window, as it's only for Top 8 nations. so WTF..

So was the Asia cup,

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Well those are less high-profile tournaments. The KnockOut World Cup was the precursor to the Champions Trophy (which I think should be scrapped now because it's just a mini-World Cup and not even a knockout). The KO WC was actually exciting because it was knockout all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread