Sri Lankan players attacked in Pakistan?!

Pranav

ICC Board Member
I have seen the news and heard that Sangakara and Samarweera have been hit by a bullet. Mendis have also hit by splinters. This a really shocking news. The whole Sri Lankan team were attacked near the stadium in Lahore. They were the only team who had the courage to go to Pakistan and it seems it turned really bad for them.

Last edited:

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
Tune to Aaj Tak. It's really sad. I hope Sangakara, Mendis and Samarwera will be fine and will continue their Cricketing Carrer.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
globeandmail.com: Sri Lanka's cricket team attacked in Pakistan

Sanga is injured! NOOO.

Sri Lankan team manager Brendon Kruppu confirmed the incident and said the team's batsman, Kumar Sangakkara, was among the injured.

A witness told Reuters he believed two police commandos were killed along with a regular policeman and a traffic warden. Shopkeeper Ahmed Ali said the two police commandos had been driving behind the team bus when they were hit.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Its up at all news channels. GeoTv even have the footage of the encouter. The news is that 6 people have been injured. As I told before Samrweera and Sangakara have been hit by bullets.

This the worst incident in the history of cricket.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah just saw yours. I have a mega slow net and was waiting like 10 minutes for a news site to load and saw yours after I posted mine. :p

Yeah, it's truly horrible. Couldn't believe it when I read it on Fox sports news.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
But he could die, CDM. Really sad this. I really really hope everyone survives. R.I.P to the 6 police officers.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Yeah, all those who have been injured have been rushed to the hospital. I really hope they survive. We will soon get an official anouncement about the injured by the Sri Lankan media manager.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
I'm really ashamed of my country at this moment. This is unbelievable. Cricket should never be played in Pakistan from this point on. I hope Lankan players are safe and get home safely asap. They were doing such a great gesture by coming to Pak to play, and they face this..

ali_ed2001 added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Tilan Samaraweera, Ajantha Mendis, Taranga Paranavitana and Kumar Sangakkara have sustained minor injuries, Sri Lanka Cricket CEO Dulip Mendis said.

According to reports, four Pakistan police men killed by this attack.

None of Sri Lankan cricketers are in critical conditions, Sports Minister said quoting reports, but did not confirmed the information.

The Sri Lanka - Pakistan Test Cricket series will be terminated following this attack, Sports Minister Gamini Lokuge Added.

http://news.nidahasa.com/news.php?g...news&newsid=724

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
Sad news. This will be a big blow to cricket in Pakistan. Why did the terrorists attack them? Don't they want sports in their country?

Users who are viewing this thread