Star Youth Signings

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Discuss Youth Players You've shined and have performed well and become a star player in your team.

Did a season with Somerset, got to the Semi Finals of the Twenty20 tournement but unfortunately I got relegated in the pro40 and County Championship, but the two young guns that shone through out the season were:

Andy Ferguson

3142ib7.png

Was very consitant but had trouble converting 50's to 100's.

Richard Timms

okczk1.png

Had a shaky start to the season but turned out to be a quality signing and that 143 helped me manage to draw a match that was a long shot.

Last edited:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
good first class youth player I signed. scored a half century and a century on first class debut and 97 on OD debut.

Cardew.jpg

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
good first class youth player I signed. scored a half century and a century on first class debut and 97 on OD debut.

Cardew.jpg

He's definatley one to keep for the future. Over 1000 runs in his first FC season is really good

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
hes continuing his great form in FC averaging over 50. I should give up on him in OD soon. He's averaging little over 30. I'll post his stats after his second season.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
His OD form isn't bad. Maybe its low because he bats low in the order?

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Yeah I agree with Hooper but 30's still an acceptable average especially for a batsman in his second season.

I got some young 18 year old called Nathan Gale crop up towards the end of the season. He averages a decent 36 in the One Dayers. I find it impressive because he started his first 3 or 4 games so badly but managed to bounce back in the last few matches and helped me reach the semi finals of the FP Trophy with a decent 45*. Sadly He hit no half centuries just a few high 30's and low 40's and unfortunately he didn't do very well in the FC matches with a below par average of 19.50

Last edited:

cellinis

School Cricketer
I got lucky twice with Durham in form of C Fish (whom I signed) and T Stott (who regened in my squad). The former has been exceptional in FC, averaging over 68 for first two seasons (and scoring 1000+ runs in both seasons!). Unfortunately, he doesn't do too well in ODs. Stott on the other hand... the man's a gun! 50+ average for ODs and a respectable 48 for FC. Considering he's an opener and scores his runs at a decent clip in both forms...!! Just surprised there hasn't been an England call up for either!

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
I got lucky twice with Durham in form of C Fish (whom I signed) and T Stott (who regened in my squad). The former has been exceptional in FC, averaging over 68 for first two seasons (and scoring 1000+ runs in both seasons!). Unfortunately, he doesn't do too well in ODs. Stott on the other hand... the man's a gun! 50+ average for ODs and a respectable 48 for FC. Considering he's an opener and scores his runs at a decent clip in both forms...!! Just surprised there hasn't been an England call up for either!

Sounds good, but you'll have to wait a few years until the English players grow old before they gets a call up.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I open him with Ferguson. I've found out thats a good pair. Cardew scores a slow 30+ while Ferguson normally races away to 100. Ferguson was my best OD batsman this season averaging 52 in OD and Cardew was my best FC batsman averaging 58 in the season and the second highest run scorer behind Sales who scored 1900 runs.

blake

School Cricketer
Not sure if international regens count, but I've found an exciting new player from Bangladesh. At just 23 years of age, Arif looks set to be our next ODI opener. He averages 42 in ODIs after two series and despite being an aggressive batsman, he can handle the test new ball as well - as demonstrated as he top scored with 77 against a lethal Pakistani attack.

So far, he averages about 40 in tests with about 5 games under his belt. Hoping he can keep this form up - I've been looking for someone to open with Tamim Iqbal after Mehrab Hossain has struggled.

Last edited:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Is that in ODI's or both forms you're looking for a new opener. Just use Nafees for Tests. He's a bloody good defensive wall.

blake

School Cricketer
He's defensive, but I'm not sure he's the answer. Only averages about 26 in tests for me and he's only been playing on and off from 2009 to 2018. I'm looking to move forward and I'm hoping Arif can provide the answer.

Anyway, I'm up to 8th in tests and 7th in ODIs now. Winning test matches is still a tough battle but I'm trying my hardest now with Bangladesh.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
You've played a lot of games so far. I haven't been playing my Bangladesh save too much. Just play my Leicestershire when I play ICC 09.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Norman Gale has moved his average up to 42.50 during this season, however still no half century yet :crying. Just lots of 30's and not out's. I've been batting him at 6 which probably explains his lack of milestones but he seems to be able to make a quick cameo when needed unlike the rest of the middle order batsman.

This season Ferguson seems to have lost his skill. He seemed to peek in his first season and then went down hill. Avereging 16 in one days 21 in FC this season. I thought he was up for an england call up but apparantly not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread