Streetfighter IV on PC.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
What's the AI like, by the way? The PC Gamer review didn't really go into that. They said that every move can be countered with the right timing, so it sounds like a very tactical game to me - which is the way I like my beat-em-ups. I'd imagine it's amazing against a fellow human, but how about against the computer?

It's either 1st or 2nd on my list right now, depending on what the PC Ashes 2009 demo's like. :)

Edit: Expect me to be crap: I have hardly played a beat-em-up (apart from the odd go on a console version) since Streetfighter II!!!!

Last edited:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Man it is tough. CAn someone tell me how to perform the super combos and ultra combos of Ryu?? and any other?? As i cannot get it from the command list, it is confusing. I have a XBOX 360 Controller. Help me.....:crying:crying I can just kick,puck,jump and that hugya.. power,

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Man it is tough. CAn someone tell me how to perform the super combos and ultra combos of Ryu?? and any other?? As i cannot get it from the command list, it is confusing. I have a XBOX 360 Controller. Help me.....:crying:crying I can just kick,puck,jump and that hugya.. power,

Hey man, the controls are in the instruction manual.

You can also access the controls in game, via the pause menu, it will tell you there, or you can do the normal and hard trials and it will teach you.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I saws there is command list menu but couldnt understand the ultra and super combos. Can anyone who has managed to perform those care to explain in detail:crying:crying

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
What's the AI like, by the way? The PC Gamer review didn't really go into that. They said that every move can be countered with the right timing, so it sounds like a very tactical game to me - which is the way I like my beat-em-ups. I'd imagine it's amazing against a fellow human, but how about against the computer?

It's either 1st or 2nd on my list right now, depending on what the PC Ashes 2009 demo's like. :)

Edit: Expect me to be crap: I have hardly played a beat-em-up (apart from the odd go on a console version) since Streetfighter II!!!!

And it's perfectly playable with an Xbox 360 pad?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Yes as Kev says you should be fine. Initially i think its easier to use a joy pad, but in the long run the fight stick prevails.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Don't expect players playing you with fight sticks to have a massive advantage just because they have fight sticks either. While it is probably true that the serious players will have one (because they play these types of games all the time), they could equally pummel you with a joypad. Likewise, buying a fight stick (all be it, a rubbish one) hasn't improved my play at all.

Button mashing FTW!

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Don't expect players playing you with fight sticks to have a massive advantage just because they have fight sticks either. While it is probably true that the serious players will have one (because they play these types of games all the time), they could equally pummel you with a joypad. Likewise, buying a fight stick (all be it, a rubbish one) hasn't improved my play at all.

Button mashing FTW!

It will Kev fear not, in the long run.

You need to master focus attacks, since we last played i have started incorporating those into my game, it is really good for setting up crumple combo's, and countering players that jump and kick.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Streetfighter II was great and all, but it was just the Arcade mode against the computer and multiplayer with a friend on the same machine and that's your lot. With this game though, it sounds like we'll be playing it for years, thanks to online!

Is the AI good as well? I like to see if I can complete the game with each character (I assume they've all got individual endings as well like Streetfighter II did?)

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Yes all have their own story lines. Completing it with some characters unlocks others. the AI is scalable, from incredibly easy to I just can't win (which isn't saying much!)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Yes all have their own story lines. Completing it with some characters unlocks others. the AI is scalable, from incredibly easy to I just can't win (which isn't saying much!)

So everyone can find their level (unlike some EA Sports games, where Easy is far too easy, medium not much better and hard, almost unplayable?)

To help players find a good level for themselves, it'd be cool if they used a system similar to CoD 4, where it recommends a difficulty level based on your prowess (or lack thereof) in a training level.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah the computer is quite easy to beat, on the easy settings, seth however (the final character boss, which you can also unlock) is hard on any setting, even on easy it took me many attempts to beat him. I have completed the game on hard against the cpu, have yet to finish it on hardest though.

Users who are viewing this thread