Streetfighter IV on PC.

Hmmm... so if you start on medium, or hard, the boss will be impossible...

I don't suppose you can change difficulty mid-game? Still, either way I'd rather have the game last for ages and just jump straight in to hard (after a little practice). That'll be the best training for online as well. :)

Hmmm... so if you start on medium, or hard, the boss will be impossible...

I don't suppose you can change difficulty mid-game? Still, either way I'd rather have the game last for ages and just jump straight in to hard (after a little practice). That'll be the best training for online as well. :)

Playing the computer will not really help you playing online. Also, starting from the easiest setting would be my advice. As the difficulty increases you will be required to learn more moves/combo's for your character.

I decided to plump for Streetfighter IV. Ashes 2009 isn't out until next Friday and I just remembered that someone's giving me the ?20 I lent 'em back this weekend as well. :) ?17.99, play.com.

Edit: I hope I don't get any problems with Games for Windows Live - I've never used it before.

Last edited:
I decided to plump for Streetfighter IV. Ashes 2009 isn't out until next Friday and I just remembered that someone's giving me the ?20 I lent 'em back this weekend as well. :) ?17.99, play.com.

Edit: I hope I don't get any problems with Games for Windows Live - I've never used it before.

I've had no problems, it has actually worked really well. I already have afairly large friend list and am able to contact, and meet up with friends easily.

I forgot to ask one fairly important question: how will it run on my system? :doh

Can You RUN It? hasn't got it listed yet.

Minimum

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.0GHz or higher

RAM: 1 GB or higher

HDD: 10 GB of free space or more

Video Card: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 or higher compatible, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series, ATI Radeon(TM) X1600 or higher or higher, VRAM :256MB or higher

Sound: DirectSound compatible, DirectX 9.0c (or higher) compatible

Input Devices: Mouse, Keyboard

Maximum

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or higher

RAM: 2 GB or higher

HDD: 10 GB of free space or more

Video Card: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 or higher compatible, NVIDIA GeForce 8600 series or higher, ATI Radeon(TM) X 1900 or higher, VRAM :512MB or higher

Sound: DirectSound compatible, DirectX 9.0c (or higher) compatible

Input Devices: Gamepad - Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Thanks for that, I think my system will run this game like a dream.

I really need to get my new HDD sorted out though, because this one takes up 10gb and I'm running out of space; you know what it's like when you're running out of space, but can't decide what to uninstall? I could uninstall Medieval II, but it's dripping with mods and patches - will take an eternity to put it all back on again.

Thanks for that, I think my system will run this game like a dream.

I really need to get my new HDD sorted out though, because this one takes up 10gb and I'm running out of space; you know what it's like when you're running out of space, but can't decide what to uninstall? I could uninstall Medieval II, but it's dripping with mods and patches - will take an eternity to put it all back on again.

Yeah its amazing how it gets used up. I have 3x150gig hard drives in raid 0 and only have around 100 gig left. It was only 6 months ago i did my reformat.

I only install games/music on my system, so 500gb should be plenty for me, shouldn't it?

Gotta love play.com: they've already posted Streetfighter IV, so I'm expecting it by Monday (it could get here tomorrow, but that's unlikely).
It'll take a while for me to get up to speed with the controls again... :)

Last edited:
Well done, Play - three days once again: it arrived this morning. First impressions to follow later. :)

I await with man flu baited cough breaths.
Need new meat for the grinder hey Matt!

I haven't played it for a few days, been away. But still loving it even though I suck eggs.

Need new meat for the grinder hey Matt!

I haven't played it for a few days, been away. But still loving it even though I suck eggs.

Yeah something like that Kev, there is only so much i can beat you before i feel like I'm bullying or committing rape.

Hopefully we can sort out some sort of tournament, record the matches and post them here.

What with being ill and the cricket, i have not played for a while either, since i saw you online at some silly time in the morning. 6 am?

What FPS do you guys get? I'm getting an average of 60fps.

And it'll be a while before I appear online - I need to learn some combos and stuff...

Basically you need to have it at 60fps. Any less then it's just not playable. I've played a few guys with stoneage PC's online and it's just terrible. If you can get more than 60fps then great.

BTW I can't do Combo's either so we'd probably have a decent match. If you do venture online, I'm Beeblebrox900.

Oh and Matt, I know you are reading this. I did look at that forum link you sent me in the desperate hope that I might pick up some hints, but sorry mate, I couldn't understand a word those guys were talking about. Old age I guess!

Last edited:
Basically you need to have it at 60fps. Any less then it's just not playable. I've played a few guys with stoneage PC's online and it's just terrible. If you can get more than 60fps then great.

BTW I can't do Combo's either so we'd probably have a decent match. If you do venture online, I'm Beeblebrox900.

Oh and Matt, I know you are reading this. I did look at that forum link you sent me in the desperate hope that I might pick up some hints, but sorry mate, I couldn't understand a word those guys were talking about. Old age I guess!

OK, might do that. I haven't made my GFWL profile yet, I'll tell you my name when I have.

First impressions? Well, you've all probably heard all that before, so I'll make it short. It's a lot like Streetfighter IV gameplay wise (yes, I know I made a great big daft mistake there!!!!! :doh Meant SFII ), but it's been updated for a new generation - more moves, more combos and much, much more violence.

Which is good. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread