Strokes editing

Octavius

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
By the way for the record i think Sid has been by far the most helpful person in these forums, maybe hes just wanting a little credit for all his hard work. That's not to say others don't pull their weight either. I think this argument is getting heated for little reason, instead of bickering, someone just help..if u think of me...meh hes a newb i cant be bothered helping, then maybe you are not wothry of my time either.

Anyway just PM me if u can just list the starting sequence for opening the files i need to access and ill be on my way.

cheers Oct.

If noone helps me out ill probably not be back to the forums.

sid_19840

International Coach
Octavius said:
By the way for the record i think Sid has been by far the most helpful person in these forums, maybe hes just wanting a little credit for all his hard work. That's not to say others don't pull their weight either. I think this argument is getting heated for little reason, instead of bickering, someone just help..if u think of me...meh hes a newb i cant be bothered helping, then maybe you are not wothry of my time either.

Anyway just PM me if u can just list the starting sequence for opening the files i need to access and ill be on my way.

cheers Oct.

Open the 430834dfd47be8b1eaa97fa22706133a.big file which can be found in data_pc.gob using BigGui and extract the contents to a folder,then open the .saf files using notepad to edit the shot files

no,open the .gob file using bigGui,then open the .big file I mentioned above also using buggui,then extract all the contents to a folder and then find the shot files.If you cant understand what shot file stand for which shot,visit the thread called "Guess what I have found the stroke files" or something similar and you will get the info there or else just ask which shot file you are looking for and Ill help you out.

Octavius

Club Cricketer
Ok i have managed to get the .big file open in notepad, there are a whole lot of .saf files listed att he top of the page, do i need to open those or are they just a list of the subaequent files. For example,

Type Defensive
EdgeModifier 10
EdgeModifier6 10
Difficulty 0 Reward 0
Difficulty6 0 Reward6 0
EdgeProb 704 EdgeProb6 1024
BowlerTypes 15
BallStumps 3
BallBatsman 3
BallLength 3

Mode Normal KeyFrame 0
Frame 29
Vertical 71606336
Direction 174562642 DirectionArea 20964736
Power 469262 PowerArea 489262

i could slowly adjust these parameters to see the effect? And that effect is just for one of the defensive strokes? Hmmm this might be like looking for a needle in a haystack me thinks.

Anyway i appreciate you helping me work out how to open the files and see whats in tham.

dont worry i am tinkering with a copy of my original GOB file :)

anyway i appreciate the assist. Would it be easier for me to open a .cfg file from tutsi and make a few adjustments from there for my own persoanl use?

cheers for help
Oct

BIGFU  [ b d ?batpad.saf
@ ?edge_default.saf ? ?edge_fast_01.saf

how the .saf's are listed at the top, dont know how to open them? Or am i sposed to?

sid_19840

International Coach
Octavius said:
Ok i have managed to get the .big file open in notepad, there are a whole lot of .saf files listed att he top of the page, do i need to open those or are they just a list of the subaequent files. For example,

Type Defensive
EdgeModifier 10
EdgeModifier6 10
Difficulty 0 Reward 0
Difficulty6 0 Reward6 0
EdgeProb 704 EdgeProb6 1024
BowlerTypes 15
BallStumps 3
BallBatsman 3
BallLength 3

Mode Normal KeyFrame 0
Frame 29
Vertical 71606336
Direction 174562642 DirectionArea 20964736
Power 469262 PowerArea 489262

i could slowly adjust these parameters to see the effect? And that effect is just for one of the defensive strokes? Hmmm this might be like looking for a needle in a haystack me thinks.

Anyway i appreciate you helping me work out how to open the files and see whats in tham.

dont worry i am tinkering with a copy of my original GOB file :)

anyway i appreciate the assist. Would it be easier for me to open a .cfg file from tutsi and make a few adjustments from there for my own persoanl use?

cheers for help
Oct

You need to edit the contents in the files,like the edge modifier etc.Each type of shot has a certain .saf file which when edited can edit that particular shot.

Let me know what shot files you want to edit and Ill let you know which shot file needs editing.

Octavius

Club Cricketer
Ok for instance, i want to make the pull shot really easy to play, exp-lain the proceedure for opening and adjusting the file, step by step.

when i say step by step i mean for example;

open BIGGui
OPEN PC_GOB
find 48830etc .big
click export
export to spare folder
right click imported file from that folder - open with notepad.
When looking at the contents you see;
BIGFU  [ b d ?batpad.saf

to open the pullshot file you do this...

and then explain what i do :)

step by step with each button click, once you show me one, ill know how to do the whole lot.

thank you.

Oct

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Octavius said:
instead of bickering, someone just help..if u think of me...meh hes a newb i cant be bothered helping, then maybe you are not wothry of my time either.
Look, there are only a handful of people who have done any AI patching at all. I'm sure they'll be willing to help you but this is an international community and we're not all online at the same time. In fact, I'm just off to bed (even though it is 7.10am here). :p

The reason for all the 'bickering', as you put it, is quite obvious when you think about it. ;)

Octavius

Club Cricketer
Sure i understand, i wasnt expecting an answer in 10 minutes, although Sid is doing just that. But i did think id at least get some kind of response within 48 hours. Anyway Sid's helping me a great deal, so give him all the brownie points you can from me :) cheers

BTW i think u all do a terrific job, and even though i post rarely, i have been a member for some time have owned all the cricket games going back to shane warne cricket and constantly read the forums.

i check daily for new downloads.

so thank you, i guess you guys dont really hear thanks often enough. Well you are hugely appreciated.

:happy

Last edited:

sid_19840

International Coach
Octavius said:
Ok for instance, i want to make the pull shot really easy to play, exp-lain the proceedure for opening and adjusting the file, step by step.

when i say step by step i mean for example;

open BIGGui
OPEN PC_GOB
find 48830etc .big
click export
export to spare folder
right click imported file from that folder - open with notepad.
When looking at the contents you see;
BIGFU  [ b d ?batpad.saf

to open the pullshot file you do this...

and then explain what i do :)

step by step with each button click, once you show me one, ill know how to do the whole lot.

thank you.

Oct

Open BigGui

Open data_pc.gob and then the .big file I mentioned

Extract to a folder

Open the shot25.saf to edit pull shot

Increase power and/or change direction and anything else you think to improve the shot.

I hope this helped.

To know which file means what shot visit this post or the subsequent thread

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=165570&postcount=169

Octavius

Club Cricketer
"Open the shot25.saf to edit pull shot"

How?

Once i have opened that .big file in notepad i dont know how to open the shot25.saf?

im so sorry this is obviously really simple but im not seeing how to open the file inside the notepad??

Prakash

Executive member
Also make sure that you open that 48830...big file in Biggui.

sid_19840

International Coach
Octavius said:
"Open the shot25.saf to edit pull shot"

How?

Once i have opened that .big file in notepad i dont know how to open the shot25.saf?

im so sorry this is obviously really simple but im not seeing how to open the file inside the notepad??

double click that big file and extract all the .saf files using Extract option inside edit and then open the shot file.

Octavius

Club Cricketer
sid_19840 said:
double click that big file and extract all the .saf files using Extract option inside edit and then open the shot file.

Thats as clear as mud :crying

thank you for trying to help out, sorry im such a noob.

PLEASE i will try asking one more time.

explain the EXACT PROCESS for opening the .saf files.

heres an exercise... grab a notepad and pen, now try editing the pullshot.

write down each move you make on your PC to do that, then write it in here so i can read it :)

telling me to double click the .big file and extract the .saf doesnt tell me how to extract them.

again i apologise, if you can't be bothered , i completely understand.

I understand exactly how to change the files, i understand whioch files are which, i know how to open the gob, i know how to extract the big file to notepad.

i do not understand how to open the .saf files, where to look for them etc.

they are obviously in the big file, i see a list of them in notepad

but i cant open them from notepad and i cant see them to open in the BIGgui.

sid_19840

International Coach
Octavius said:
Thats as clear as mud :crying

thank you for trying to help out, sorry im such a noob.

PLEASE i will try asking one more time.

explain the EXACT PROCESS for opening the .saf files.

heres an exercise... grab a notepad and pen, now try editing the pullshot.

write down each move you make on your PC to do that, then write it in here so i can read it :)

telling me to double click the .big file and extract the .saf doesnt tell me how to extract them.

again i apologise, if you can't be bothered , i completely understand.

I understand exactly how to change the files, i understand whioch files are which, i know how to open the gob, i know how to extract the big file to notepad.

i do not understand how to open the .saf files, where to look for them etc.

they are obviously in the big file, i see a list of them in notepad

but i cant open them from notepad and i cant see them to open in the BIGgui.

Using BigGui Double click on the .big file,click on edit and then extract and then choose a directory,the .saf files will be extracted there.

Octavius

Club Cricketer
Ok thats still not working Sid but Prakash's suggestion to open the 48830xx file in BIGgui worked :) i can see the .saf files now i think im getting there finally :)

thank you for your time and effort it is hugely appreciated i should be able to follow the tutorials now ty :)

creds to Sid and Prakash :)

i realise what i was doing worng, i was not opening the big file back in big again :)

Sid, i have read back the problem was just my understanding was lacking, not your explanations, so thank you so much for your huge patience.

Oct.

sid_19840

International Coach
Octavius said:
Ok thats still not working Sid but Prakash's suggestion to open the 48830xx file in BIGgui worked :) i can see the .saf files now i think im getting there finally :)

thank you for your time and effort it is hugely appreciated i should be able to follow the tutorials now ty :)

creds to Sid and Prakash :)

i realise what i was doing worng, i was not opening the big file back in big again :)

Sid, i have read back the problem was just my understanding was lacking, not your explanations, so thank you so much for your huge patience.

Oct.

As I have said or perhaps spammed in many other threads,its always a pleasure to help out members and I hope to continue in the future as well.

Users who are viewing this thread