Strokes editing

Octavius

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok i have read just about every patching tutorial i can lay my hands on. I am very new to trying to patch. All of the tutorials start where it is assumed that people know how to open a file in the BIGgui or graphic converter, well i don't :D

could someone please post for me a little tutorial on how to edit the pull stroke using the appropriate tools.

I need step by step instructions like ...click this then click that etc.

A lot of computer literate tutorial designers seem to be writing for people who have got past where im stuck.

if someone could help me out it would be great, i just need a pointer to start, i know how to follow the later instructions but the basic tarting is missing.

At the moment the tutorials feel like being shown how to do a three point turn in a car, but not how to insert the key, turn the ignition and put the car in gear :P

Im wanting to tweak my stroke making, at this stage, or at least learn.

I have three months off from my postgraduate studies, and i plan to learn how to help make kits , bats, Ai patches or anything else i can help with.

but i need to know tutorials for using BIGgui and graphics converters, all the tuts seem to start part way in..

for instance...step 1 is open the GOB file..

I know it seems really strange to some, but i have never used these tools, i am just trying to learn, please post a reply for adjusting the pull stroke and ill learn all the rest from it.

thank you in anticipation of your help.

Octa

sid_19840

International Coach
Octavius said:
Ok i have read just about every patching tutorial i can lay my hands on. I am very new to trying to patch. All of the tutorials start where it is assumed that people know how to open a file in the BIGgui or graphic converter, well i don't :D

could someone please post for me a little tutorial on how to edit the pull stroke using the appropriate tools.

I need step by step instructions like ...click this then click that etc.

A lot of computer literate tutorial designers seem to be writing for people who have got past where im stuck.

if someone could help me out it would be great, i just need a pointer to start, i know how to follow the later instructions but the basic tarting is missing.

At the moment the tutorials feel like being shown how to do a three point turn in a car, but not how to insert the key, turn the ignition and put the car in gear :P

Im wanting to tweak my stroke making, at this stage, or at least learn.

I have three months off from my postgraduate studies, and i plan to learn how to help make kits , bats, Ai patches or anything else i can help with.

but i need to know tutorials for using BIGgui and graphics converters, all the tuts seem to start part way in..

for instance...step 1 is open the GOB file..

I know it seems really strange to some, but i have never used these tools, i am just trying to learn, please post a reply for adjusting the pull stroke and ill learn all the rest from it.

thank you in anticipation of your help.

Octa

I feel very dissapointed that this poor chap isnt being helped,sigh.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
sid_19840 said:

instead of pointing fingers, why dont you help !

Last edited:

sid_19840

International Coach
jk16_4 said:
instead of pointing fingers, why dont you help !

If I help,it will only lead to people pointing at me and saying "Not another tutorial" and others sending me negative reps saying "Excessive spamming" and people just taunting at me.Im tired of all this.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Octavius I have split your thread, hopefully someone will be able to answer your question from here.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
sid_19840 said:
If I help,it will only lead to people pointing at me and saying "Not another tutorial" and others sending me negative reps saying "Excessive spamming" and people just taunting at me.Im tired of all this.

what are you trying to prove by making such ironic posts ?
and people will taunt / send -ve reps if you spam so much.
especially after deleting your tutorial , it clearly showed how childish you are !

Last edited:

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
I thought you had left for good. After all, you said you were leaving and you deleted all your tutorials. At Planet Cricket, as in life, there are leaders and there are followers. If a bit of taunting by completely random people is going to affect you so profoundly and stop you from helping those who need/want it, then you are probably doing the best thing by leaving forever. Funny though, I was under the impression that you wanted to be one of the leaders, no?

sid_19840

International Coach
Burma's Finest said:
I thought you had left for good. After all, you said you were leaving and you deleted all your tutorials. At Planet Cricket, as in life, there are leaders and there are followers. If a bit of taunting by completely random people is going to affect you so profoundly and stop you from helping those who need/want it, then you are probably doing the best thing by leaving forever. Funny though, I was under the impression that you wanted to be one of the leaders, no?

They are not random member's,they are always the same set of member's(I dont want to name them).And I just felt that the help I had been doing all this while was help enough to get credit from either member's or staff,but both seem to be against me for a couple of incidents for which I apologised then and there and totally forgot them.

I still have the desire to help member's but I just dont want other people interfering with me helping someone.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
sid_19840 said:
I still have the desire to help member's but I just dont want other people interfering with me helping someone.

Who was interfering?

You made this comment

Why didn't you help out instead of making that point less, unplanetcricket like remark?

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
sid_19840 said:
I just felt that the help I had been doing all this while was help enough to get credit from either member's or staff
If you are walking past a stream and you see a child drowning, do you:

a) Walk on past? (It's not your problem after all)

b) Jump in and save the child from drowning? (Saving a life, after all, is a worthy enterprise)

c) Pause for a moment to wonder from which side you should be photographed for the front page of the local newspaper, expecting that you'll be lauded as a hero, before jumping in to help the child? (After all, fame, glory, and attention are at least as important as the child's life which you've endangered further during your momentary pause)

You have to ask yourself a simple question: If you knew that you would never get any credit for helping people, would you still do it. If you can honestly answer 'yes' then you should have nothing to worry about. If, on the other hand, your answer is 'no', then you're probably best served finding a better way to spend your free time as altruism clearly has no meaning for you.

sid_19840

International Coach
Burma's Finest said:
If you are walking past a stream and you see a child drowning, do you:

a) Walk on past? (It's not your problem after all)

b) Jump in and save the child from drowning? (Saving a life, after all, is a worthy enterprise)

c) Pause for a moment to wonder from which side you should be photographed for the front page of the local newspaper, expecting that you'll be lauded as a hero, before jumping in to help the child? (After all, fame, glory, and attention are at least as important as the child's life which you've endangered further during your momentary pause)

You have to ask yourself a simple question: If you knew that you would never get any credit for helping people, would you still do it. If you can honestly answer 'yes' then you should have nothing to worry about. If, on the other hand, your answer is 'no', then you're probably best served finding a better way to spend your free time as altruism clearly has no meaning for you.

Look,I have always helped everybody out and at times spent a lot of time to do help them out,so I dont have to answer that question.

Its just that a few people are speaking out of turn due to a reason I dont know.

As for aussie's comment on who they are,I dont want to say as it will just start another debate.

As for your Burma's point on getting or not getting credit,I dont worry about the credit I recieve from other people,but on the contrary being discredited for it is what bothers me.If I save a child in reality no person would have scolded me for saving the child or discredited me for it,which is where reality differs.

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
sid_19840 said:
I just felt that the help I had been doing all this while was help enough to get credit from either member's or staff
sid_19840 said:
As for your point on getting or not getting credit,I dont worry about the credit I recieve from other people
Erm.. perhaps you can see why I'm confused then?

sid_19840

International Coach
It is clear that several member's are either totally against my way of helping others(posting tutorials etc so that other members can also learn) or they are jealous of me.I cannot say the reasons as Im not sure of them myself,and it is the main reason why I do not want to stay.

Burma's Finest said:
Erm.. perhaps you can see why I'm confused then?

Well this is a different issue,I had thought that atleast the staff members and some other member's were appreciating what I was doing here,but to totally ignore it and keep staff who Ive never seen helping others at all and sticking to their own threads(im not pointing at the new staff appointed or most of the current staff).

Octavius

Club Cricketer
Well i didn't want to start a huge argument.

Look i have a university degree but im not very good at computing. However i am a quick study, all i need is someone to PM me with the exact instructions to edit the strokes for batting. Once i know the proceedure ill learn the rest, Its just that all of your tutorials start as if people should alrady know how to open the files etc.

anyway thanks if u can help me.

Octa

sid_19840

International Coach
Octavius said:
Well i didn't want to start a huge argument.

Look i have a university degree but im not very good at computing. However i am a quick study, all i need is someone to PM me with the exact instructions to edit the strokes for batting. Once i know the proceedure ill learn the rest, Its just that all of your tutorials start as if people should alrady know how to open the files etc.

anyway thanks if u can help me.

Octa

To edit any stroke just open their respective shot file.Open it by using the Open With Option and select notepad.

After that edit the power of the shots,the direction in which the shot would go at according to the the timing of the batsman,which varies from 1 to 5(as far as i can remember) where 1 is early timing and 5 is late timing and decreasing in this order with 3 as perfectly timed.

If you still have any queries post and Ill help.

Users who are viewing this thread