Stuart Broad escapes fine with umpire apology

He just got a little carried away, who wouldn't after bowling for ages , watching some guy come in front of the wicket and block the ball and then you finally have him, of course you'd be excited!

Well he gets carried away quite a lot. Im starting to dislike Broad, Swann is a way better all-rounder.

Ive always disliked broad i dont know what it is, i just dont like him or rate him as a cricketer, i feel he is very over rated, hyped far to much before he has achieved anything maybe in time but i doubt it,
I can see his batting improving but i think his bowling now is as good as it is gonna get.

I'm impressed with Swann. He's getting plenty of wickets, at 83 now, and his average has dropped to 29.

Well he gets carried away quite a lot. Im starting to dislike Broad, Swann is a way better all-rounder.

Hear, hear! Broad is an over-rated cricketer, I liked his dad and was annoyed his international career was cut short, but Broad seems to be in the side on the premise of what he might become rather than what he is. Before today's play started his six wickets against BANGLADESH cost him 40.17 apiece. His Test career has been disappointing, certainly if we abandon five bowler policy it is hard to justify him being in the side

Stuart Broad (Tests)

846 runs @ 25.64
83 wkts @ 35.73 (SR 67.00, BB 6/91)

vs BAN/NZE/WIN

372 runs @ 28.62
41 wkts @ 33.32 (SR 63.27, BB 5/85)

vs IND/AUS/SAF/SRI

474 runs @ 23.70
42 wkts @ 38.10 (SR 70.64, BB 6/91)

Pretty weak however you look at it. 14 Tests against the weaker sides, should be averaging more with bat and lower with the ball. Against the better sides he does ok, but not an all-rounder batting display in any part analysis and bowling just not good enough against any set of nations.

ODIs on the other hand, 97 wkts @ 25.99 with the ball, not so much needed to bat but his 14.70 average is a bit on the low side. I am happy for him to be in the ODI side, but his batting and bowling need to go up a notch and maybe his profile down one. He's a bit like an aussie in his attitude, but not in his ability.

Swann on the other hand has done all asked of him.

Graeme Swann (Tests)

563 runs @ 31.28
85 wkts @ 29.26 (SR 58.81, BB 5/54)

vs BAN/NZE/WIN

132 runs @ 66.00
42 wkts @ 22.50 (SR 50.29, BB 5/57)

vs IND/AUS/SAF

431 runs @ 26.94
43 wkts @ 35.86 (SR 67.14, BB 5/54)

More like it from Swann, maybe not the greatest bowling average against the better sides but he is an off-spinner, it was India in India and of course the aussies in England and South Africa in South Africa so stern tests for an offie. But look at how he has mopped up the weaker sides, no messing about there. While Broad may be appealing to some, he needs to turn effort and attitude into runs and wickets. Even his ODI game is taking shape, not far behind Broad with bat or ball (12.72 and 27.24), maybe he could open the innings like I'm sure he has done for Notts in some cricket

Users who are viewing this thread