Super Batsman

lonie_from_50

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dan Cook; test debut 2011; AUS v WIN

Tremendous start to his career...98 on debut followed by 69; unfortunate not to make the hundred.

2nd test made his maiden hundred, 132 dismissed for; and the 3rd and final test of the series, he became a legend making a remarkable 182 to help the side to a successful 438 run chase to victory. He was dismissed with 13 runs needed.

First test on home soil...fourth test in career, he blasted 317 against the Kiwi's in a perfect knock.

His next couple tests would see slight failure, knocking around a couple 20's and two half centuries to hold his average over 100 before another brilliant victory celebration; with a superb run chase on the last day where he and Phil Jaques made the target without losing their wickets, a 330 odd partnership.

Cook would make 162 not out

Dan Cook (Aged 21)
7 tests; 13 inns; 3 not outs
1119 runs @ 111.90; HS 317
4 100s 3 50s

Not bad in the baggygreen...thoughts?

Dondogz

Club Cricketer
He seems like the next Don..... is he agressive or defensive?

tassietiger

International Cricketer
I've been there with 100+ average players, they always disappoint, trust me. He'll average about 20-30 one season but you'll refuse to drop him because you have formed a disturbing artificial man-crush on him. Deny it all you like, but I'll be laughing at the end of it if you do.

iloveireland

Panel of Selectors
I've been there with 100+ average players, they always disappoint, trust me. He'll average about 20-30 one season but you'll refuse to drop him because you have formed a disturbing artificial man-crush on him. Deny it all you like, but I'll be laughing at the end of it if you do.

Yeah I had a keeper who averaged 250 for the first 7 games. Then he dropped down to about 80 and stayed there.
How cool would it be if Childish Things made a feature that you could trade players with other people.

lonie_from_50

Club Cricketer
Sorry for delay...here it is...as you can see his form decreased slightly but we'll see how he goes on from here.

dancookqb2.png

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Sorry for delay...here it is...as you can see his form decreased slightly but we'll see how he goes on from here.

The signs are there. You're calling it 'a slight dip'. Once his career average goes below 40 you'll be calling it a 'significant form slump' and once he retires with an average of 35.45 (the atomic mass of Chlorine for whoever cares) you'll finally admit that maybe you should've dropped him sooner for some other young gun who averages about 60 every first-class season.

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but he's not what he's cracked up to be.

M.Di Venuto

Club Cricketer
The signs are there. You're calling it 'a slight dip'. Once his career average goes below 40 you'll be calling it a 'significant form slump' and once he retires with an average of 35.45 (the atomic mass of Chlorine for whoever cares) you'll finally admit that maybe you should've dropped him sooner for some other young gun who averages about 60 every first-class season.

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but he's not what he's cracked up to be.

For someone who was voted the Funniest Member in 2007 you sure are pessimistic :p

tassietiger

International Cricketer
For someone who was voted the Funniest Member in 2007 you sure are pessimistic :p
It has happened too many times for me not to warn him. If they rise too fast they all fall down. And don't read too much into the Funniest Member thing, I paid them off for that award.

Users who are viewing this thread