Talents that are pegged back

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
Many talents are really pegged back by the board of the cricket of the respective nations . The few names I can think of are Ben Roher,CJ De Villiers,Ajmal Shahzad,Joe Denly .
We can discuss the players great innings or even a star performance with the ball . Even why the board pegs them down .

Created on another forum got a good response so here too maybe?

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cheteshwar Pujara. He should've played at least one game in the India-England ODI series, but he didn't get the opportunity, especially when the last ODI was a dead rubber. Everyone knows he is a top prospect - I'd reckon better than Rohit Sharma and Jadeja - but still hasn't made his ODI debut. What the hell is going on here?

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
As you stated he should have played in the last ODI , I don't think India would have wanted that . You also said that either Sharma or Jadeja should have been replaced with Pujara , but both of them had been very good in the previous games that had played & Dhoni might have wanted to end the series on a high even though they won , but he lost it . Simple conclusion TBH! :)

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Cheteshwar Pujara. He should've played at least one game in the India-England ODI series, but he didn't get the opportunity, especially when the last ODI was a dead rubber. Everyone knows he is a top prospect - I'd reckon better than Rohit Sharma and Jadeja - but still hasn't made his ODI debut. What the hell is going on here?

To be fair, he is not a replacement for Jadeja. He's not an allrounder. Also, Jadeja has been one of India's most important ODI players in the last 6-7 matches. He's hit a new vein of consistency with his bowling and he's scoring a few runs here and there.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
There are just so many such players from Zimbabwe. Sean Ervine, Andy Blignaut, Gary Ballance (trying to play for England), Anthony Ireland, Henry Olonga, Colin de Grandhomme (now playing for New Zealand), Douglas Marillier and Dion Ebrahim to name a few. They also wasted Andy Flower, Grant Flower, Guy Whittall, Alistair Campbell and Heath Streak when they were at their peak approaching their mid 30s and easily had alot to offer to Zimbabwean cricket but fallouts with the board and its dirty politicking got them to retire prematurely :facepalm.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
There are just so many such players from Zimbabwe. Sean Ervine, Andy Blignaut, Gary Ballance (trying to play for England), Anthony Ireland, Henry Olonga, Colin de Grandhomme (now playing for New Zealand), Douglas Marillier and Dion Ebrahim to name a few. They also wasted Andy Flower, Grant Flower, Guy Whittall, Alistair Campbell and Heath Streak when they were at their peak approaching their mid 30s and easily had alot to offer to Zimbabwean cricket but fallouts with the board and its dirty politicking got them to retire prematurely :facepalm.

I think you have just named the entire Zimbabwean team here. :D
Also talking of Ervine and Blignaut here is wrong. They certainly represented Zimbabwe for a decent time. The rest of the names-well you can't help it mate. The political situation in the country forced it upon them.

If we shift our focus to the present day- I'd say Ajinkya Rahane from India. Pujara got his bit in the test series, but Rahane has not been given a decent run.

Yet another person I can think of is Narsingh Deonarine. A handy all-rounder but never got enough chances to represent his nation.

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
Rahane has been given chances in the ODI Team has been failing to make big scores whenever required . Although in tests I think he should be given a chance once atleast :) .

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Rahane has been given chances in the ODI Team has been failing to make big scores whenever required . Although in tests I think he should be given a chance once atleast :) .

???

I don't get you there.
Rahane has not been given as many chances as a Rohit or RJ. He has also not been tried out consistently. Let the team give him 10-15 straight games,if he doesnt perform then,then one can say there is an issue. But,he has been tried out intermittently which is not good for him.

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
I think he played 4 games in a row & failed to make an impact on the game , which so his dropping in the final two games , a bit like Tiwary . He plays great FC cricket :)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Are you sure ? I'd say select Rahane over a struggling Rohit anyday. The point here is -if Rohit gets a hell lot of games to prove himself,why can't Ajinkya ?

Additionally, I think you must be the only person to say that Rahane has been given enough chances. I doubt many would agree with your point of view here.

Users who are viewing this thread