TAOC Discussion

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey LM will we have throws of variable accuracy from the CPU fielders like I said in my last post? I guess it's okay if it's harder to implement for manual throwing but having it for CPU will make it very realistic. :D

This has to be one of the best ever features in a Cricket game! The throw is never supposed to always reach the wicketkeeper magically. :D

I can assure you 100% throws will have variable accuracy. To not have it would just be silly.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Wow, this is exciting. From what I gather, there will be a lot more to judge than just what meets the eye, unlike other games.

So, what I am expecting is that seamers have similair abilities to spinners. Spinners have all this extra drift, varied spin, etc, so I hope that seamers also have some great tricks that are equally hard to play (e.g. increased chance of an edge or swinging balls). So all I want is the bowling system to be balanced.

Also, am I right in saying that we will never get used to this game? So it will always be a challenge to play every single ball? If so, that sucks, as I"m so damn excited about this game that I can't bear it :D .

arun687

School Cricketer
Awesome work guys. Keep going. Please show us the video, cant wait to see it.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Wow, this is exciting. From what I gather, there will be a lot more to judge than just what meets the eye, unlike other games.

So, what I am expecting is that seamers have similair abilities to spinners. Spinners have all this extra drift, varied spin, etc, so I hope that seamers also have some great tricks that are equally hard to play (e.g. increased chance of an edge or swinging balls). So all I want is the bowling system to be balanced.

Also, am I right in saying that we will never get used to this game? So it will always be a challenge to play every single ball? If so, that sucks, as I"m so damn excited about this game that I can't bear it :D .

Seamers can swing, cut and use pace variations so certainly have as much variation as spinners, as you'd expect in reality. Beta testing will show whether it is truly balanced though.

It is still a game, after all, and will remain a work in progress even after release as we'll be looking for ways to improve it. But we think its so far pretty darn good and certainly every ball will be a challenge. No free rides here. You will have to concentrate each delivery.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Does decreased stamina have an effect on confidence and/or concentration when batting? In real cricket it leads to desperation and silly shots. If it does, how will it be incorporated? Also, does increased humidity (e.g. Subcontinent) mean that stamina is lost more quickly than in more favorable conditions?

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
I just have one thing to ask. Do we feel like we have actually played a cricket shot? I mean, in other games, I don't feel like i have played a descent cricket shot because of the animations. Only in cricket revolution, I see come descent batting animations which have full follow throughs. Many have rubbish animations like Ashes 09 for example. I don't see any follow through because as soon as i drive or smash the ball, he just swings and then stops half way and then just becomes a statue. I hope you know what i am talking about. I hope dancing down the wicket is not as rubbish as BLIC 07 and Ashes 09 because in those games, it just looks playing normal shots but you just move your batsman down the wicket.

Last edited:

harrisb

International Coach
i've not been in this thread for a while, but from what i've read, it sounds like it's coming on very well.

Keep it going guys

harrisb added 6 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

also, in terms of in-game graphics,

Overlays: can we choose an overlay before we go into the match. for e.g, when you choose the pitch conditions etc, can we also have a selection of which overlay, e.g, Sky UK, Five, IPL etc.

Cricket Balls: Different choices, Pink, White and Red. Also, different variations like Duke's and Kookaburra's. Would they play differently depending on which you choose and how old they are.

Finally, can we have the choice of kit's for a single team. One thing that has annoyed many C07 players, is that you can't have 2 kits for a nation, or domestic side.
e.g, England's Ashes ODI, along with their normal ODI, would be selectable before going into the game.

saiyaman

Club Cricketer
I think it's better if there was a folder reserved for overlays from which the game randomly selects from the overlays stored inside to give a new experience every time. This is just my opinion. Others would instead like to choose their favourite overlay.

Then again, this can also be solved by having just one overlay inside that folder. :D

arundracula

Club Cricketer
I am sure dancing down the wicket shot will be there..
But will there be "walking down the wicket" like Robin Uthappa?

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
yea.. i remember this was an option in Cricket 2000 by EA.. they allowed the batsman to move not only in crease but also outside it.

This will totally new dimensions like standing outside the crease (ala Haydon, Gambhir) to negate the swing but something tells me it will be exploited badly. Lets see what LM have to say on this. :)

Sheehani

School Cricketer
In terms of humidity, just remember Brisbane is bloody humid as well. Don't be FIFA 10 and have it snow in Brisbane for a match, unheard of!!!

Users who are viewing this thread