TAOC Discussion

Um, sorry, what did you mean by this?

I hope not what i thought you meant.

I hope you realise that a 'community project' for a 3D playable cricket game has never ever been completed to my knowledge, particularly one as ambitious as ours. To even get as far as we have is an achievement i believe. Right now, myself and JK are devoting a lot of time into seeing this DOES get completed. It has had some major stalls along the road, but it has come too far to not release now.

I am excited to reveal tonight that development is well under way again, with some massive improvements already to the gameplay of the game, which is the core focus. All i can really say is that even at this stage of completion the gameplay is really quite awesome i feel. Yes, the animations need some work, and the graphics are not next gen at all, but it feels more like cricket than anything i've ever played before and i am very sure that many critics will be silenced when they play for the first time.

As ive said before, the aim (which it has been all along) is to have a game which feels like cricket and is fun to play, as realistic as possible and has as many features as possible. I think TAOC is well on the way to being that.

LM

100% agree LM. From the vids that have been posted, the graphics are fine, as are the animations. People bitching about the small things like the front foot turning 1 degree too far one way and the back lift on the bat not quite fright etc should keep quiet :cool:

Just get the core gameplay right and these things won't matter at all.

Um, sorry, what did you mean by this?

I hope not what i thought you meant.
I don't think he was meaning it in a sinister way, rather it was an answer to 'how do you expect a player to take a catch or stop the ball without AI ??', in other words hacks could make fielding possible without actually doing the AI work.

Aprox How Many Bats Will Be On The Game And What Bat Brands Will Be On The Game? Whens The Release? Will You Be Able To Get Different Pads And Gloves Or Will Everyone Have The Same? What Platforms Will It Be Released On (PLEASE BRING OUT ON THE WII!!)?:):) Thanks.

Aprox How Many Bats Will Be On The Game And What Bat Brands Will Be On The Game? Whens The Release? Will You Be Able To Get Different Pads And Gloves Or Will Everyone Have The Same? What Platforms Will It Be Released On (PLEASE BRING OUT ON THE WII!!)?:):) Thanks.

It's still being made, nobody can tell when it will be released, be patient!

It is only to be on PC as it is only being made by some members of the forum so they don't have the resources to make it for the Wii or other systems.

Klkl Man But How About Some New Bats? Dont Mean To Be Pushy:) If You Want I Can Give You A Decent List With Pics Of The 2008 Bats Coming Out?

Here It Is M8 The 2008 Batslist. Its Only Bats That Are
In England Though. I Haven't Got Any SS Or RBK Or
Anythink Like That Unfortunaly. Ill Take Alook Round But
You Will Find Alot On This Site http://www.cricketsupplies.com/forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=2 - Its A Great Site And Has Lots Of Goods
Including Pads And Gloves:). Cya M8 Good Luck With
The Game:)

erm i think ill have to send to you by email because the doc is a powerpoint and i cant upload powerpoints:(:(

Last edited:
Just put it in a zip file (right click the file and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) Folder) and upload it that way.

thanx heaps for the list mate....:)

although am tired of these brands changing their bats every year.....
its always kooka,GM,GN,woodworm etc changing their bats...
asian manufacturers dont usually change much ;)

i'll only do the bats,kits etc when the game is nearing release.......

currently, too busy with stadiums you see....:p

UPDATE : am very happy with "The Lords" progress....its turning out better than i expected....! trying to make it even better than EA/codies :D

Users who are viewing this thread