Tech Support

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can some of our New Zealand members tell me what internet plans they're on, what speeds they get, how much data they get and how much it costs? I'm on xnet pay for what you use, the trouble is it's costing over $60 a month which I think is just ridiculous no matter how much internet you use. This month we've used 27GB and costing $63 so far but I'm sure that's a one off as it's never been that high before.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can some of our New Zealand members tell me what internet plans they're on, what speeds they get, how much data they get and how much it costs? I'm on xnet pay for what you use, the trouble is it's costing over $60 a month which I think is just ridiculous no matter how much internet you use. This month we've used 27GB and costing $63 so far but I'm sure that's a one off as it's never been that high before.

I'm on the Telecom "Adventure" plan which gives 20GB a month for $61 (if you have your landline with them as well). I get down speeds of 9mbit/s (about 1.1MB/s) and 800kbp/s up (100KB/s). Speeds shouldn't vary too much between companies though.

At the moment they've doubled our usage for the next 12 months however so that we stay with them, so we have 40GB atm.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Ok I'm not too sure if it's worth changing because that actually works out more expensive although a few mbps faster. I'll probably stick with these guys until we get decent speeds in NZ.

Chewie

BCCI President
Slingshot have some pretty good plans, but apparently they have terrible customer service

P

pcfan123

yeah i think you should, just want to know how an american uni lecture sounds like :)

totally would but I can't figure out how to edit audio or know of any FREE and user friendly audio editing software.

suggestions?

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Slingshot have some pretty good plans, but apparently they have terrible customer service

I'm signed up to Slingshot and the customer service is horrendously bad. I imagine they only ever have one person working in their call centre at any given time considering how long it takes to get through.

Plans are decent. Speeds are lower than what you'd get on Telecom. I'm on a FS 15GB cap plan and it's not bad. I'm considering switching ISPs what not sure which one.

ferg512

International Coach
Yeah I've never really gotten into the PSP. Most of the games are pretty crap on it you may as well just buy a console. Nintendo DS is much better.

Chewie

BCCI President
I'm probably not going to buy a 3DS though. At least not at launch like I did with the DS. Might wait until there's a 3DS 'lite' which will undoubtedly turn up at one point or another.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
I don't feel PSP would be do any good to Sony now, they should really stop the production instead of coming out with new releases.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Facebook launches its e-mail service. Just got a '<myfacebookusername>@facebook.com' email ID. Although its a nice step, I don't think it'll turn out to be much successful.

I cannot see myself using the Facebook e-mail ID much.

Chewie

BCCI President
Yea I got it a while ago and haven't used it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread