Tendulkar to play in the Challenger Series

rashaba16

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is great news, although last 2 weeks or so it was announced that Tendulkar was supposed to play for MRF but it was an error. Anyhow, I'm hoping for the best from the Master.
COME ON SACHIN!!!

Long-term injury improving

Tendulkar to play in Challenger Series

Cricinfo staff

September 30, 2005

Sachin Tendulkar is ready to make his return from injury ? Getty Images

Sachin Tendulkar has been given the all-clear to return to action in the upcoming Challenger Series. He underwent surgery for a tennis elbow injury in May and can finally make his comeback in the one-day tournament that is being held in Mohali between October 10 and 13.

The injury forced him to pull out of the Super Series against Australia, where he had been selected to play in both the Test and ODI squads. However, John Gloster, the Indian physiotherapist who has managed Tendulkar's recovery, has now told the selectors he was ready to start playing again.

Kiran More, the chairman of the national selection committee from Vadodara said: "Tendulkar is playing in the Challenger Series. I also spoke to John Gloster, who said he can play."

The Challenger Series is made up of the India Seniors, India A and India B and the teams will be named in Delhi on Saturday.

Tendulkar to play in Challenger Series

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
well, he hasnt played cricket for like 5 months or so and He is Definitely
rusty. and i am sure he wont have performed well if he had played in the
super series. Tendulkar did not want to repeat the same foolishness he did
during the bangladesh series and thats a good move according to me.
now he can play some domestic cricket and get back into form :)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sachin is not playing in the Super Series because he wanted to evaluate himself in a domestic match before exposing himself to an international match which the Super Series is!

Very happy that he is back! But he still seems to be complaining of some pain. I hope he is able to play all the shots possible!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I wouldn't be rushing Sachin back if hes not 100% Its much better to have a Tendulkar fully fit able to last more then 1 test match.

Briggsey

International Coach
aussie1st said:
I wouldn't be rushing Sachin back if hes not 100% Its much better to have a Tendulkar fully fit able to last more then 1 test match.
Yes I for one hope he is fit for the Pakistan and England series' as India have missed him over the past months, so have the rest of the world as we have been unable to see the little master show us all what he is capable of!

Lets hope he gets through the Challenger Series with no complaints and with plenty of runs!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I dont care if he scores plenty of runs or not! I want him to be able to look close the fluency that he achieved during his heydays! I want to see that! And Sachin, its your last three years man! Plz bring back that disdainful and terrorising batting that has made you the hallmark cricketer of the nation!

Whenever you do that kind of batting, everything in the world stops for a while! Plz do that again!

Indiangod

International Coach
Come on Sachin!!!!!!!, we want you back and we all want you to play your fast and feiry game agian ( like in sharjah 98, that 143 and 134 knocks.).

prasharry2k5

School Cricketer
Come no matter whatever u do plz do take care and be fully fit before playing. We need u more than we ever have. U r the gr8est and i don't think u need to prove it. Go on mate Im looking forward to see u play.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
great scores of 12 and 4 ...
if selection was performance based in india he would not have got in the team.

by the way ganguly too would have been thrown out long ago.

gamerkid22

National Board President
iceman_waugh said:
great scores of 12 and 4 ...
if selection was performance based in india he would not have got in the team.

by the way ganguly too would have been thrown out long ago.

both tendulkar and ganguly are great players but they are just going through a rough patch . i hope they will fight back strongly.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
agreed that they will fight back but there is time limit for that too.
How much time can a person give ?
Its because of their status in world cricket that they are being more time to prove their worth.
If the australians were to manage indian cricket ... the team would have been changed within seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread