Tennis Elbow 2013

• Thread starter Deleted member 9102
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9102

Hi guys!

I've been playing a lot of this game recently, and just thought that I'd spread the word for if there's any tennis fans on these forums.

Tennis Game - Tennis Elbow 2013 - Free Demo! - A great tennis game for your PC

It's fairly cheap (under ?20) and it's the best, most realistic tennis game around by far.

It has a world tour mode with the proper ATP structure and ranking system as well as online play - the modding community has added animations, appearances and attributes for over 100 players as well as courts and sound effects.

Here is a video of the game:

There's a demo on the site I linked to above, and you can play online with that but I'm not sure about the modding capabilities.

Enjoy :).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9102

Looks good. Does it have multiplayer support?
Yes, it has online multiplayer and it's quite active - I rarely have to wait more than 5 minutes for a game.

It has offline split-screen multiplayer and doubles as well.

You can play online using the demo :).

Sequel coming soon Tennis Lungs
Haha, it is quite an unusual name! I actually asked on their forums why it was called that, and got this response

manutoo said:
Hello,

when I started to create TE back in 1994, the tennis games were almost all called something with "super" or "master" or "ultimate" or any other kind of superlative, and all that to deliver games that didn't feel any close of real tennis.
So I thought I'd give a not serious name to my game, but I'll be serious about the gameplay & realism of it, ie: the opposite way of all these other games... ;)

P.S. - Should have mentioned, this is a PC only game.

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
Very nice,great demo,but isn't it a bit too high for those who live outside UK?

D

Deleted member 9102

Very nice,great demo,but isn't it a bit too high for those who live outside UK?
It does cost a bit more than a lot of indie games, but (in ? anyway) it's very good value for money considering the quality of the gameplay and features.

I'll admit that I have no idea about the relative values of currencies as to how that pricing scales around the world.

It's worth bearing in mind though that I purchased this game back in 2011, and when the 2013 version was released my product key remained valid - the developer has said he hasn't got plans for a new paid version until around 2015.

There tends to be updates every few months with little additions/bugfixes/gameplay tweaks.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi guys!

I've been playing a lot of this game recently, and just thought that I'd spread the word for if there's any tennis fans on these forums.

Tennis Game - Tennis Elbow 2013 - Free Demo! - A great tennis game for your PC

It's fairly cheap (under ?20) and it's the best, most realistic tennis game around by far.

It has a world tour mode with the proper ATP structure and ranking system as well as online play - the modding community has added animations, appearances and attributes for over 100 players as well as courts and sound effects.

Here is a video of the game:

There's a demo on the site I linked to above, and you can play online with that but I'm not sure about the modding capabilities.

Enjoy :).

Wow - those are the best tennis sound effects I've ever heard - are they modded in, or is that the game out of the box?

D

Deleted member 9102

Wow - those are the best tennis sound effects I've ever heard - are they modded in, or is that the game out of the box?
Most of of it modded I think - I agree, they are very nice, I especially like having real umpires calling the score :).

Didn't you try this game when I mentioned it a couple of years ago? The original game is good, but it really fulfills it's potential when modded. Most tennis games have only about 10-20 players and a handful of tournaments, this has the entire top 100 and all of the ATP courts with Sam's patch.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
it's such a terrible name for a game though. it's like calling a running game Athlete's Foot.

It's a piss-take:
Hello,

when I started to create TE back in 1994, the tennis games were almost all called something with "super" or "master" or "ultimate" or any other kind of superlative, and all that to deliver games that didn't feel any close of real tennis.
So I thought I'd give a not serious name to my game, but I'll be serious about the gameplay & realism of it, ie: the opposite way of all these other games...

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Played the demo and i was not really impressed.The sound effects were good enough but the UI in the menu were too complex and the gameplay was as such just okay.

D

Deleted member 9102

Played the demo and i was not really impressed.The sound effects were good enough but the UI in the menu were too complex and the gameplay was as such just okay.
The GUI isn't amazingly user-friendly, but after 5 mins of figuring out what's what then it's very simple to use and know how to navigate it.

The gameplay is the most realistic/intuitive that any tennis game has achieved - the only alternatives are VT/TS (arcadey/casual) or worse attempts at sims like Dream Match/Full Ace which are quite disappointing.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Had a trial of it once, and the gameplay was challenging and realistic. It's not for the casual gamers.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Virtua Tennis 4 at the hard level is pretty nice.I am playing that since when it released.Top Spin,well i am really not able to find it in any shop like Landmark or Odyssey,so still dint play.

Users who are viewing this thread