Test Match "World Series" (Division 1)

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have used Ajits Fixtures Editor Alpha Version to create a test match version of the World Series featuring Australia, England, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka (top 5 ranking test teams).

The save game is a world series played in a league between these teams each team playing a home and an away test match against every other team.

There are 20 matches played in total with each team playing 4 home and 4 away matches each before a best of 3 final held in Australia between the top 2 teams in the league table.

The save game needs to be placed in your My Documents\EA Sports\User-name\ folder, if you already have a user07.sav file, rename the file enclosed in the zip file to user##.sav before putting it in the My Documents\EA Sports\User-name\ folder so you do not overwrite another same game.

You then need Ajits fixture editor from this post to open up the save game and select your team by ticking the box next to who you want to play as (default = no human player, so you must do this), then click "Save to File" and load up the game in Cricket 2004!

Good Luck, the fixtures are shown below.

Ste

Attachments

• fixtures.jpg
    fixtures.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 139
  • testws.zip
    109 KB · Views: 58

Ste

Executive member
Thanks! Let me know how you get on. I tested it and let the CPU play it all out a few times and each time India got to the final against either Australia (twice) or England once. They lost both against Australia but beat England.

littlegenius90

1st XI Cricketer<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
brilliant ste!!!
I will sure try it
thanks a lot...

ravigoteti

Club Cricketer
its working well but just wondering...if users can pick the team, like for india i want to pick gambhir instead of chopra and so on..

littlegenius90

1st XI Cricketer<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Ste said:
Thanks! Let me know how you get on. I tested it and let the CPU play it all out a few times and each time India got to the final against either Australia (twice) or England once. They lost both against Australia but beat England.

yup u r absolutely right !!!
India would over power everybody in leage matches but
almost always lose to Aus...

anyway just noticed something....
that in test world series england play 9 games while Sri Lanka plays only 7
match no. 13 between Pak Vs. Eng should be Pak Vs. SL
everything else is just fine :cool:

ravigoteti said:
its working well but just wondering...if users can pick the team, like for india i want to pick gambhir instead of chopra and so on..

well u could use ur own custome roster too...
just start world series and save
dont play any game though
open that sav file in Ajits Fixtures Editor Alpha Version
and just change the venues, no. of overs and no. of days...
its not difficult at all...try it

can anyone tell me how does the bonus point work in test matches ???

Ste

Executive member
littlegenius90 said:
yup u r absolutely right !!!
India would over power everybody in leage matches but
almost always lose to Aus...

anyway just noticed something....
that in test world series england play 9 games while Sri Lanka plays only 7
match no. 13 between Pak Vs. Eng should be Pak Vs. SL
everything else is just fine :cool:

Yeah you are right, thanks! I have now fixed this if you download the file again! Each team should now play 8 matches.

ravigoteti said:

You could do this by opening the save game file in the line up editor - http://www.planetcricket.org/modules.php?name=Links&file=viewlinkinfo&lid=217

Ste

Ste

Executive member
Another problem I have just discovered to do with how the game is made by EA is that when playing these world series test compertitions if you lose a match you get 1 point, but if you draw you get 0!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
true it would suck as a bin
Ste, i think with the help of the fix ed alpha we might also be able to make the asian test championship.is there any way to edit the finals for tests.?i dont want to play a best of 3 test finals.definatelt not

Users who are viewing this thread